GDT - February 3, 2014: 7:30pm Colorado Avalanche vs New Jersey Devils

Mike Brown

They play the extra attacker situation as if they're on the pk.  That I think is the problem.  They have to play it as if it's a 5 on 5 situation.  They let the opposition possess the puck in hoping a missed pass, or missed shot will get them possession.  It's stupid.  Another thing.  They can't be afraid to ice the puck.  Stop with this chip it off the boards BS.

No, I caught the sarcasm. 

Yeah, they're doing a lot of things right, but they're only 3-3-3 in their last nine.  I'm trying to remain optimistic, because there ARE some good things happening, but damn this team just keeps finding ways to leave points on the table.  When does it end? 

well Salvador has to be subtracted. Another good offensive player needs to be added. Not Ovechkin good...but like David Perron/Matt Moulson type (doesn't have to be them specifically) Perhaps having one of them means we're up at least 2-0 in the final minute and take this one home

we need to win some future shootouts

we need to not lead the league in posts (I swear we must)

Ryder is still visible, but the puck is not going in for him. It has to start.

we have to keep soldiering on with Cory.

Gionta is not allowed on the ice in the last 5 minutes of a game

They play the extra attacker situation as if they're on the pk.  That I think is the problem.  They have to play it as if it's a 5 on 5 situation.  They let the opposition possess the puck in hoping a missed pass, or missed shot will get them possession.  It's stupid.  Another thing.  They can't be afraid to ice the puck.  Stop with this chip it off the boards BS.

as crazy as it sounds I was almost hoping they'd tackle the puck carrier at that point and just take a penalty, take a time out to re group. I have a lot more faith of them killing a 6-4 fresh for 1:30 up 1-0 then watch them absolutely Carolina'd at the end like that.

Tonight was simply a case of bad luck.  3 shots off the INSIDE part of the post, and a puck trickling on the goal line is the epitome of bad luck.

how about Tampa/Florida last year, back to back same sh!t happens.

Seems to happen to us a lot huh.

as crazy as it sounds I was almost hoping they'd tackle the puck carrier at that point and just take a penalty, take a time out to re group. I have a lot more faith of them killing a 6-4 fresh for 1:30 up 1-0 then watch them absolutely Carolina'd at the end like that.

how about Tampa/Florida last year, back to back same sh!t happens.

Seems to happen to us a lot huh.

In the Dallas and Nashville games, it was a case of one of our guys knocking the puck right to an opposing player.  All 3 of these blown leads are a result of bad luck imo.

In those two Florida team games, the opposition was allowed to just pass the puck to their guy and tap it into an empty net both times.  These two games were a result of sh!tty defense.

Tonight was simply a case of bad luck.  3 shots off the INSIDE part of the post, and a puck trickling on the goal line is the epitome of bad luck.

The rotten luck never seems to end with them.   

Anyway, 33 points needed in their last 25 GP to get to 92 points.  16-8-1, 15-7-3, or 14-6-5.  Basically, they have an 0-3-0 slump and they're screwed.  And they need a 7-2 type run in the worst way.  I'm starting to think they need to bring a new body in here, just because...but I don't see Lou making that kind of move.  Nothing major, anyway.

The rotten luck never seems to end with them.   

Anyway, 33 points needed in their last 25 GP to get to 92 points.  16-8-1, 15-7-3, or 14-6-5.  Basically, they have an 0-3-0 slump and they're screwed.  And they need a 7-2 type run in the worst way.  I'm starting to think they need to bring a new body in here, just because...but I don't see Lou making that kind of move.  Nothing major, anyway.

All of those records are very doable considering the light schedule the team has.  But something has to change.  They can't keep blowing these leads.

The old Lou would have shipped him off to Edmonton already.

The new Lou has him skating comfortable in a 2012 finals grace period

Stewing on this loss for 3 full days absolutely sucks

Edited by '7'

The new Lou has him skating comfortable in a 2012 finals grace period

Stewing on this loss for 3 full days absolutely sucks

Don't worry, it'll be all good once we call Janssen back up and put Josefson on IR with the Lou Flu tomorrow. That'll take the sting out of the loss. We don't have anyone on IR for the first time all year, so I'm sure Lou will take care of that for us.