GDT - February 3, 2014: 7:30pm Colorado Avalanche vs New Jersey Devils

Mike Brown

The last dozen posts or so by you are again you playing both sides and that is why half the board finds you annoying. You are telling people it's too early about what other teams are doing yet in the OOT thread you post every fvcking day about what results we want from other teams to help us in the standings. Stop talking out of both sides of your mouth and drop the "playing devils advocate" schtick coma you seem to be in and more people won't have an issue with you.

I don't play the Devil's advocate shtick.  The only person I see doing that is you.  You argue with people for no reason.

Bottom line is we got 4 out of a possible 6 points these past 3 games despite frustrating late goals. If wee continue to do that (4 of every 6) we probably are in the playoffs.

That's another way of looking at it.

Bottom line is we got 4 out of a possible 6 points these past 3 games despite frustrating late goals. If wee continue to do that (4 of every 6) we probably are in the playoffs.

A .660 point% the rest of the way gets them to the 92-point sweet spot.  Tall order for a team that's currently at .518 for the season. 

Not saying that a .660 point% is impossible, but it does mean the Devils can't slog through any more of the 3-3-3 stretches like the one they're on right now.  Or go on a 0-2-3 run where some will say, "Hey, at least they got some points!"  A stretch like that means they'll have to come with 70%+ in the other games, and unless a lot of guys suddenly start finding the back of the net consistently, I don't think they can do that.   

A .660 point% the rest of the way gets them to the 92-point sweet spot. Tall order for a team that's currently at .518 for the season.

Not saying that a .660 point% is impossible, but it does mean the Devils can't slog through any more of the 3-3-3 stretches like the one they're on right now. Or go on a 0-2-3 run where some will say, "Hey, at least they got some points!" A stretch like that means they'll have to come with 70%+ in the other games, and unless a lot of guys suddenly start finding the back of the net consistently, I don't think they can do that.

right, which is why we're only a 42% chance to make it. But to be fair most if the teams above us have been consistently mediocre as well. There's a reason everyone is hovering around the 57-59 point range.

I would also argue that outside of the stadium game were playing by far our best hockey this season right now, no coincidence that we're healthy at the same time.

• Like 1

That's certainly the pot calling the kettle black.

Not really.  I don't actually argue with people.  The difference between you and me is that I don't try and call people out like you do.  I discuss things with people.  I actually provide substance to everything I say and back everything I say up.

You argued when someone said they don't always call for bad winters which is a fact.

You called me out just because I said I liked the Islanders jerseys or something like that.

You argued when I said retro Edge jerseys were rare, when they are in fact rare.

You tried calling me out when I said I didn't care about league attendance rankings just because I keep track of our attendance.

And now you're trying to start an argument with me because I keep track of OOT scores when it has very little to do with the game-in-hand debate I'm having.

Not really.  I don't actually argue with people.  The difference between you and me is that I don't try and call people out like you do.  I discuss things with people.  I actually provide substance to everything I say and back everything I say up.

You argued when someone said they don't always call for bad winters which is a fact.

You called me out just because I said I liked the Islanders jerseys or something like that.

You argued when I said retro Edge jerseys were rare, when they are in fact rare.

You tried calling me out when I said I didn't care about league attendance rankings just because I keep track of our attendance.

And now you're trying to start an argument with me because I keep track of OOT scores when it has very little to do with the game-in-hand debate I'm having.

God are you annoying.  Let's go down your little list shall we?

1) That person flipped on me when I stated that I think meteorologists have it nice when they can be wrong and still keep their job.  I didn't start that and you know it.  It started when someone who is in that field got upset by my statement.

2) I never argued about anything with the SS jerseys.  I stated my opinion as well as others stated theirs.  I do not recall any arguement.

3) Retro Edge Devils jerseys are uncommon and hard to find, but they are not "rare."  Go to any jersey collecting forum and state that and you will get laughed off it right away.  Also, again, rare jerseys usually do not end up on a clearance rack for $150 at Hockey Monkey a year after they were released.

4) You don't care about league attendance, but yet every stupid game you post the attendance.  When I asked you why, you said it is just a hobby.  Can you see why what you do and what you say do not match?  If I recall, I wasn't the only one who saw this and agreed with me.

5) You are saying that what the other teams do is not important or matter yet every game you are in the OOT thread posting about what teams we need to win or lose and then post about how these other teams helped/screwed us that night.  Can you see how dumb that is?

Like shooting fish in a barrel when it comes to post whores.

But remember.  In the games where two teams in the logjam are facing off against each other, they're not just gonna give the point to the opposition.  It won't make a ginormous difference in the end.

What...what are you even saying, at this point?  No, teams won't be giving any giving away points.. but how does that have any effect on the frequency of 3 point games?  3 point games will absolutely have a significant impact on how things play out..

I'm getting a headache, ugh

God are you annoying.  Let's go down your little list shall we?

1) That person flipped on me when I stated that I think meteorologists have it nice when they can be wrong and still keep their job.  I didn't start that and you know it.  It started when someone who is in that field got upset by my statement.

2) I never argued about anything with the SS jerseys.  I stated my opinion as well as others stated theirs.  I do not recall any arguement.

3) Retro Edge Devils jerseys are uncommon and hard to find, but they are not "rare."  Go to any jersey collecting forum and state that and you will get laughed off it right away.  Also, again, rare jerseys usually do not end up on a clearance rack for $150 at Hockey Monkey a year after they were released.

4) You don't care about league attendance, but yet every stupid game you post the attendance.  When I asked you why, you said it is just a hobby.  Can you see why what you do and what you say do not match?  If I recall, I wasn't the only one who saw this and agreed with me.

5) You are saying that what the other teams do is not important or matter yet every game you are in the OOT thread posting about what teams we need to win or lose and then post about how these other teams helped/screwed us that night.  Can you see how dumb that is?

Like shooting fish in a barrel when it comes to post whores.

1. Except you then kept on arguing with him about it for no reason.  You were still wrong about it.

2. Whatever.

3. "Uncommon", "hard to find", "rare", whatever you wanna call it.

4. I already explained that even if the Devils sellout every game, they will never be higher than middle of the pack regardless.  I care about how many people fill OUR building.  I don't care where we rank in relation to the rest of the league.  Every arena is different in terms of many variables.  They haven't come up with a system that eliminates those variables of seating capacity, standing room, etc.

5. I follow the standings, I pay attention to the standings, but I don't WORRY about the standings.  My whole point is that worrying about games-in-hand this early is silly. I already explained why.  I want every team that's around the Devils in the standings to lose, and that's what I do in the OOT thread.  That's it.  It's not even close to do with anything regarding the debate I'm having.

1. Except you then kept on arguing with him about it for no reason.  You were still wrong about it.

2. Whatever.

3. "Uncommon", "hard to find", "rare", whatever you wanna call it.

4. I already explained that even if the Devils sellout every game, they will never be higher than middle of the pack regardless.  I care about how many people fill OUR building.  I don't care where we rank in relation to the rest of the league.  Every arena is different in terms of many variables.  They haven't come up with a system that eliminates those variables of seating capacity, standing room, etc.

5. I follow the standings, I pay attention to the standings, but I don't WORRY about the standings.  My whole point is that worrying about games-in-hand this early is silly. I already explained why.  I want every team that's around the Devils in the standings to lose, and that's what I do in the OOT thread.  That's it.  It's not even close to do with anything regarding the debate I'm having.

First you say I am splitting hairs about #3 and then you go ahead and split hairs with your explanation of #'s 4 and 5. 

As always you played both sides of the fence masterfully.  Bravo.

Edited by DevsMan84

What...what are you even saying, at this point?  No, teams won't be giving any giving away points.. but how does that have any effect on the frequency of 3 point games?  3 point games will absolutely have a significant impact on how things play out..

Fair point.

But it's impossible to predict the frequency of these games.  I will assure you most of the games will be decided in 60 minutes.  Right now roughly 30-35% of all games played have gone past 60 minutes if I had to guess.

What is certain is that these teams will be playing each other at some point.  My point still stands that the logjam will start to break away, or the point threshold for the playoffs will get lower.

Welcome to my world.

First you say I am splitting hairs about #3 and then you go ahead and split hairs with your explanation of #'s 4 and 5. 

Nope.  No splitting hairs at all on my part.

My point is you still unnecessarily call people out over the dumbest things.  You never admit when you're proven wrong.  And you continue to argue when you do get proven wrong.  Anyways, I'm done.  Ciao!

Nope.  No splitting hairs at all on my part.

My point is you still unnecessarily call people out over the dumbest things.  You never admit when you're proven wrong.  And you continue to argue when you do get proven wrong.  Anyways, I'm done.  Ciao!

Haha, another example of the pot calling the kettle black.  Want an example?  See the past 4 pages of this thread.

Haha, another example of the pot calling the kettle black.  Want an example?  See the past 4 pages of this thread.

I have yet to be proven wrong.  Please explain where I've been proven wrong.

Also you're basically admitting everything I'm saying about you is true.

Edited by Mike Brown

I have yet to be proven wrong.  Please explain where I've been proven wrong.

Also you're basically admitting everything I'm saying about you is true.

Get this through your head, you keep burying yourself more and more.

You just chewed me out by saying that I admit I am never wrong and here you go with your first line "I have yet to be proven wrong."  This is what you do in every thread.  You do this whole playing both sides of the fence routine and when you get called out on it, you go into this circular "chicken or the egg" logic loop to try to talk yourself out of your nonsense.  This is why many find you annoying and a large reason why in a few short months you already have 2500 posts.

Also, if I am admitting what you are saying about me is true, doesn't that contradict your earlier post of you accusing me of never admitting when I am wrong?  Again the circular "chicken or the egg" logic loop you employ at work.  Just stop already.

You just chewed me out by saying that I admit I am never wrong and here you go with your first line "I have yet to be proven wrong."  This is what you do in every thread.  You do this whole playing both sides of the fence routine and when you get called out on it, you go into this circular "chicken or the egg" logic loop to try to talk yourself out of your nonsense.  This is why many find you annoying and a large reason why in a few short months you already have 2500 posts.

Also, if I am admitting what you are saying about me is true, doesn't that contradict your earlier post of you accusing me of never admitting when I am wrong?  Again the circular "chicken or the egg" logic loop you employ at work.  Just stop already.

havent had the time to come on here in a few days but someone had to say it.. ive said it plenty of times.. this guy that youre talking about just posts to raise his post count..he literally talks to himself half of the time and does nothing but clog up threads... down right annoying.

You never actually admit you're wrong.  I had to back you into a corner, and you still haven't actually admitted it.

And you're the one who needs to stop.  You started this.  Stop arguing with people just to argue.  That's what you do.

havent had the time to come on here in a few days but someone had to say it.. ive said it plenty of times.. this guy that youre talking about just posts to raise his post count..he literally talks to himself half of the time and does nothing but clog up threads... down right annoying.

LOL

You're dead wrong.  I don't simply post to raise my post count. 

And it was you who called me out for liking the Isles logo or something like that.  My apologies DevsMan84.

Edited by Mike Brown

apparently im not if others clearly feel the same way.. you literally post just to post.. like when no one responds but you have 3 posts in a row one after another.. you dont need to clog of threads because you want to raise your count.. theres a little button on the bottom of each post that says edit..give it a try

apparently im not if others clearly feel the same way.. you literally post just to post.. like when no one responds but you have 3 posts in a row one after another.. you dont need to clog of threads because you want to raise your count.. theres a little button on the bottom of each post that says edit..give it a try

Actually I post to add to the discussion.  I don't post just to post.  And yes you and everybody else who feels this way is wrong.  DEAD WRONG.

And what about the Edit button?  You call people out for dumb things too.  Like when you called me out just because I liked the Isles logo.

Edited by Mike Brown

what does the edit button have to do with calling people out.. i said to give it a try instead of posting over and over underneath yourself as ive seen you do several times.. if your trying to say something and have it be seen then i can understand posting after someone else has written something back underneath you instead of using the edit function.. im talking about clogging threads.. as far as annoying goes some people are just annoying im not calling you out for that maybe you cant help it.. but iam definently calling you out for posting just to post its obvious you cant even deny it

what does the edit button have to do with calling people out.. i said to give it a try instead of posting over and over underneath yourself as ive seen you do several times.. if your trying to say something and have it be seen then i can understand posting after someone else has written something back underneath you instead of using the edit function.. im talking about clogging threads.. as far as annoying goes some people are just annoying im not calling you out for that maybe you cant help it.. but iam definently calling you out for posting just to post its obvious you cant even deny it

I don't post just to post.  Stop saying it.  You're not in my head.

It does actually.  It does one of two things.

1. It breaks up the logjam.

2. It keeps the cutoff point total lower.

The Devils have......

2 games vs Carolina

1 game vs Columbus

2 games vs Detroit

1 game vs the Rags

1 game vs Ottawa

1 game vs the Flyers

1 game vs Tampa

1 game vs the Leafs

2 games vs Washington

12 of the remaining 25 games are against the teams in the logjam.

Arguably number 2 is sorta correct except for the ya know overtime losses thing which is a point which will still allow teams to rally up points. As for number 1, it is not relevant, just because teams are playing each other doesn't mean its going to break up the log jam. Teams have played a lot of division rival/conference rival games so far and their already is a logjam. There is no assurance that everyone remains in this tight range and doesn't just win against 1 divisional opponent one night and losses to another the next.

And even if the devils managed to go on a win streak, I can assure you a large amount of those games would probably be overtime wins. Nothing shown to us this season indicates that we are going to A) go on a long winning streak B) win a lot of games in regulation.

Pie in the fvcking sky.

Edited by Sneax