GDT - Edmonton @ New Jersey, 7:00pm

Z-Man

That shot wasn't that beautiful, was good. I think a good goalie stops that easily. I would be flipping my sh!t if Cory let that in. But good win, I guess if they manage to win tomorrow we still in the hunt. unfortunately we probably should be sellers.

Cory is just so solid, if he were on a team with scoring talent whatever team that would be would be a serious cup contender.

Happy that we won but again it took everything to beat the team with the worst GAA in the league + bryzgalov... Schneider was unreal again and we rely wayyyyyyyyyyy too much on him.

You lost me at you being happy.

The Oilers beat a hot Ranger team...I'll take wins in any form. 

1.88 GAA and a .925 save% for Cory.  Great great stuff.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Cory confirmed in net tomorrow already by deboer. I love it!

He really has been sensational for a while now.  No more than two goals allowed in regulation in 13 starts.  A .943 save% in 14 games since 12/28.  And the Devils have needed every bit of it.

Just saw the overtime. This is getting awful. Yeah it's a win, but this team simply cannot score. I'm just shocked that after a win it feels hopeless.

If you need a positive, keep in mind that the Devils are 7-2-4 in Cory's last 13 starts, and that's with very little goal support.  They've scored more than 2 goals in regulation exactly ONCE in those starts.  He is really carrying them right now and is finding a way to help the Devils get points out of these games.

Marty cannot be happy. I'm happy with Cory starting but a little piece of me dies inside when I see Marty on the pine the last 7 games. Good for Cory. He's the future. Keep him happy so he stays beyond next year.

The transition should've happened sooner, but Marty's six-game hot streak in late October/early November and Cory's meh December starts (except for the last one) cloudied things up.  Clearly this is not a problem anymore.  And to Marty's credit, he's said very little about it lately.