Adam Larsson frustrated in AHL - Miller NJ.com

msweet

ATLANTIC CITY - Playing the right point on an Albany Devils' power play the other night, Adam Larsson wristed a shot that missed the net, banged off the end boards and caromed all the way to the neutral zone on the left-wing side.

It looked like a Hershey Bears penalty killer had a clear shot at racing forward to pick up the puck and speed in for a breakaway … but then, seemingly out of nowhere, Larsson was right there with his stick extended to retrieve the puck just in the nick of time.

This was a saved scoring opportunity not many defenseman at any level can pull off, but Larsson's speed, skill, size and ability to read plays allowed him to make it look easy.

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2014/02/adam_larsson_frustrated_in_ahl_but_still_wants_future_with_devils_not_elsewhere.html

Yikes, a whole lot of frustration in Larsson's words, but he navigates the interview well. 

Kowalsky comes off very reasonable. He says in so many words that Larsson doesn't belong in Albany and helps shine light that Lou's really messing this up (not DeBoer, but Lou). Lou does not have this logjam-on-D situation figured out, AT ALL, and every 2-3 weeks, one young player or another ends up being the victim.

Edited by DJ Eco

The title is a little misleading- it reads like he's frustrated that the devils have him in the ahl, when in fact he flat out states that he isn't frustrated at the organization but at the untimely injury.

Anyway, Larsson isn't going to have to wait too much longer. I'd be surprised if he isn't up very soon, and after this season he won't have to worry about being sent down again. Hopefully his time down there makes him hungrier here.

The title is a little misleading- it reads like he's frustrated that the devils have him in the ahl, when in fact he flat out states that he isn't frustrated at the organization but at the untimely injury.

Anyway, Larsson isn't going to have to wait too much longer. I'd be surprised if he isn't up very soon, and after this season he won't have to worry about being sent down again. Hopefully his time down there makes him hungrier here.

I was just going to mention that. Not to mention that the article says he spoke with Oduya who said that the Devils as an organization were very good for his development.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Miller has been a breath of fresh air to the Devils beat.

Amen. Really like TG, he's incredibly thorough and much better than Chere imo.

But Randy seems to address some of the fans' interests for a change, asks some tougher questions.

It's nice to have them both.

Re: Larsson.. Writings on the wall here imo. He needs to be up here after the break. If he's not you might as well trade him if you're going to play awful vets instead.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Exactly! This is a joke. Larsson needs to stay down there and learn.  He should've put his time in the last 2 seasons.

Stay down there and learn what? To get faster??

Judging from Kowalsky's words, I'd say general consensus (outside of Lou's office) is that he's outgrown Albany as far as maturity goes. Just needs some NHL playing time, it's that simple really.

Cool to learn a bit more about Larsson -- the perfectionist aspect for example -- I kind of get the feeling with him he just needs to find the right mentor or teamate to bring the best of him and help him reach that next level. 

Kowalski will get a coaching/assistant job in the NHL at some point in the near future.

Cool to learn a bit more about Larsson -- the perfectionist aspect for example -- I kind of get the feeling with him he just needs to find the right mentor or teamate to bring the best of him and help him reach that next level.

Kowalski will get a coaching/assistant job in the NHL at some point in the near future.

He had a fantastic mentor in Larry Robinson... Too bad Larry's family lives in California.

Bring him up or trade him. No reason to have him in Albany at this point. Commit or cut ties.

i agree doing nothing but wasting time letting him sit down there if were not going to use him then lets dump him for something that can benefit us im sure he can get us something descent in return

Msweet but what do you think? Or are you not sure? I'm interested in your input either way. I'm interested in devils (minor and major) but just not engaged and I like to read your opinions whether I agree or it. I fear we agree though: btsom. :evil: at this very second I'm sort of flummoxed by everyone and everything devils. They're here so I don't miss them. I just feel unclear I guess.

Edited by Pepperkorn

There is a part of me that doubts he will be called up right after the break, if at all. If all 7 of Greene, Fayne, Salvador, Zidlicky, Merrill, Harrold, and Volchenkov are healthy, I doubt DeBoer is going to be calling for Larsson. No matter what, Salvador isn't coming out of the line up despite how bad he plays and I could see him interchanging Harrold and Volchenkov since Harrold is a personal favorite. I'm glad DeBoer trust Merrill though.

There is a part of me that doubts he will be called up right after the break, if at all. If all 7 of Greene, Fayne, Salvador, Zidlicky, Merrill, Harrold, and Volchenkov are healthy, I doubt DeBoer is going to be calling for Larsson. No matter what, Salvador isn't coming out of the line up despite how bad he plays and I could see him interchanging Harrold and Volchenkov since Harrold is a personal favorite. I'm glad DeBoer trust Merrill though.

Why would DeBoer be calling for Larsson?  He doesn't control the roster.