Randy Miller Interview

Daniel

Pretty good stuff from Talking Red

http://talkingred.com/2014/02/149-talking-with-randy-miller/

Interesting perspective on DeBoer and the younger players.  Used to be the Flyers beat writer and talked about how Laviollette -- who people here have mentioned as a possible DeBoer replacment -- was particularly tough on younger players. 

Glad to see that it looks like he might be slowly taking over the reins for Chere, who really just seems to be in the business of click bait these days.  (I'll let his talking about "Czechoslovakia's" chances in the Olympics slide).

Says he has a ton of pieces on the players in Albany.

He wrote about Matteau today.

What Kowalski sees game after game are signs that Matteau, a 6-2, 220 pound left wing who will turn 20 on Feb. 23, looks like he's on his way to becoming an NHL power forward who will be an impact player.

Asked what he's seen this season from Matteau, who has nine goals, 19 points, 2 fights and 52 penalty minutes in 43 games, his coach went on and on showering compliments.

"Size, speed, strength and then certainly there's a skill level. It's just putting it all together and keeping it together. When he's on his game down here, he dominates. I use the term man amongst boys, and the funny thing is he's only 19 years old. But when he's moving and skating the way he can, he's tough to contain down here. He hasn't maybe scored as much as we thought he would, but he's certainly had chances and he can shoot the puck. It'll be interesting to see how that translates. Moving forward to the NHL, I'm not sure if he's a top 6 guy, but I certainly believe he can be an impact on the third line."

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2014/02/devils_stefan_matteau_progressing_in_ahl_cleans_up_game_says_hes_good_kid.html

Edited by devilsrule33

Says he has a ton of pieces on the players in Albany.

He wrote about Matteau today.

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2014/02/devils_stefan_matteau_progressing_in_ahl_cleans_up_game_says_hes_good_kid.html

Evidently he'll have a piece on Merrill that might shed some light on what his suspensions were about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Evidently he'll have a piece on Merrill that might shed some light on what his suspensions were about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oohh this I'm interested in seeing.  I'll bet it's something completely minor - a failing class grade, missing a meeting, etc.

He can cite the CAA janitor as a source as long as he continues to ask the right questions and gather information on our prospects. He is going to destroy Chere and TG at rookie and training camp. Miller has me intrigued waiting for his next article.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac

I was always under the impression that TG and chere didn't delve too deep in order to stay in Lou's good graces...maybe I'm reading too much into it but i wonder if miller will find it harder to get info out of Lou or if this signals a change in Lou's philosophy- or the organizations even.