Maxime Clermont

Blown01NJ

He winds up in Orlando with the old Trenton Titans coach and some of the Titans players from last year. Weird because he wasn't playing for the Titans last year that I recall, I think he's always been in Elmira. Wonder what the reasoning is in putting him with the Solar Bears.

My guess is the Solar Bears needed goalie help for an injury, or the Devils thought he could get more playing time there maybe. 

Yeah, coffeecake asked what was expected of him when he got drafted. I don't think anyone was expecting a 6th rounder to make it too far.  

It's pretty rare for goalies to get drafted in higher rounds simply because forwards and defensemen are more valuable than goalies.  So draft position for goalies doesn't mean a whole lot.

It's pretty rare for goalies to get drafted in higher rounds simply because forwards and defensemen are more valuable than goalies. So draft position for goalies doesn't mean a whole lot.

Since when is it rare for a goalie to be drafted in higher rounds? Goalies are spread pretty evenly throughout every draft. One that is expected to be a great goalie may be drafted earlier and one that's not like say, Clermont, is drafted in the 6th.

Since when is it rare for a goalie to be drafted in higher rounds? Goalies are spread pretty evenly throughout every draft. One that is expected to be a great goalie may be drafted earlier and one that's not like say, Clermont, is drafted in the 6th.

Two goalies taken in the first round and two more in the second in 2010, three taken in the second round in 2011, two taken in the first round and two more in the second in 2012, four taken in the second round in 2013.  By my math, that's 15 goalies drafted in the top two rounds the past four drafts...yep, sounds pretty rare to me.  Mike, think maybe you could curb your urge to post incessantly by actually doing just the slightest bit of research before posting?  I dug this up in about 5 minutes, tops.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976