Gelinas Called Up - Marty Talks Trade Again - Chere

msweet

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2014/02/devils_olympians_jaromir_jagr_patrik_elias_marek_zidlicky_damien_brunner_rejoin_team_for_practice.html

NEWARK -- The Devils' four Olympians rejoined the team for practice Monday and defenseman Eric Gelinas was also on the ice after being recalled from Albany (AHL).

Brodeur answered: “Um, that’s a good question. I’m not 100 percent sure what’s going to happen. Definitely it has been a transition year with having Cory Schneider as a Devil now. He’s been playing tremendously this year. So we’ll see what the general manager wants to do and what I want to do.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone tell Chere that this story is not going to win him a Pulitzer.

EDIT:  Well, I guess to be fair, Chere was reporting what Marty said in a radio interview. 

Isn't that worse. Either Brodeur asked him not to keep bringing it up daily or Chere didn't want to bug him again, so to get a good headline and continue with the "Brodeur Trade Watch", he just transcribes the same answer Brodeur tells him everyday from a radio interview.

Edited by devilsrule33

I'm all for trading him for a young scorer that makes the devils instantly and dramatically better.  Only problem with that is, who would give up a young scorer for him?  Only problem is I don't see any team giving up a young scorer for Marty.  

Devils should not pay the price for him not knowing when to say when. 

Its not worth it. It will piss off fans, it will mean he probably doesn't retire as a Devil unless they do one of those stupid one day contracts at the end, and they will not get anything of worth in return. 

If there is a team stupid enough to give up a decent player, different story. But I don't see it happening. 

Everyone doubts, but maybe Marty can drum up some interest on the trade market.  He played considerably well two springs ago when the Devils went to the SCF.  He is a playoff goaltender, and maybe teams that need that leadership and that experience in goal will be willing to pay the price for Marty's last hurrah?

I could see a team the likes of Edmonton shipping Hemsky for Brodeur. I can also see Carolina trading for Marty, especially since Cam Ward has been injury plagued...how about Tampa too, who needs a good backstop for Bishop?

Lot's of interesting things out there...

If the Devils can get a 1st rounder for Marty, I would do it...

Everyone doubts, but maybe Marty can drum up some interest on the trade market.  He played considerably well two springs ago when the Devils went to the SCF.  He is a playoff goaltender, and maybe teams that need that leadership and that experience in goal will be willing to pay the price for Marty's last hurrah?

I could see a team the likes of Edmonton shipping Hemsky for Brodeur. I can also see Carolina trading for Marty, especially since Cam Ward has been injury plagued...how about Tampa too, who needs a good backstop for Bishop?

Lot's of interesting things out there...

If the Devils can get a 1st rounder for Marty, I would do it...

Not sure why Marty would wave to go to Edmonton unless he's that desperate for playing time.  Carolina has Kudobin so they are all set. 

I can't see anyone giving up more than a 5th for him.  At that point I don't think it's worth it unless Marty asked to be moved.    

Kinkaid is going to be a solid goalie.  But if we lock up Schneider, he has no place on this team.

You have no idea what Kinkaid is going to be at the NHL level, but I guess it's damned near impossible for you to go more than 15 minutes without posting SOMETHING.

You have no idea what Kinkaid is going to be at the NHL level, but I guess it's damned near impossible for you to go more than 15 minutes without posting SOMETHING.

WTF?  I actually have watched Kinkaid a lot.  I happen to think the dude is gonna be good.  Others have that opinion as well.  Goalies are very difficult to predict, and you don't have to remind me.  

But your post is completely unnecessary.  When I get called out unnecessarily, I react accordingly.

Edited by Mike Brown