The Official 2014 Trade Deadline Thread

Derlique

I'm ready to let go of Yayo & Fayne. 

Fayne is a solid Defenseman but has fallen off the wagon for us this past year. He needs consistency and a coach that will support him.

Yayo is like trying to jam a square peg into a circle space. He just doesn't fit and he can be great somewhere else.

I'm ready to let go of Yayo & Fayne. 

Fayne is a solid Defenseman but has fallen off the wagon for us this past year. He needs consistency and a coach that will support him.

Yayo is like trying to jam a square peg into a circle space. He just doesn't fit and he can be great somewhere else.

Fayne's been kind of consistent this season and I haven't seen anything that suggests the coach doesn't support him. Completely different situation from Yayo...

I'm pretty upset about the Martin St. Louis situation, always been a huge fan of his so to see him request a trade from Tampa is disappointing... Makes it worse that he's set on New York. We can only hope they give away a buttload to get him; if I'm Yzerman, I go into the trade talks knowing that the pressure's on Sather to get rid of Callahan, and not at all the other way around.

Hate to say this, but I think Steve Ott is someone Lou would be interested in.  Gritty veteran forward, on an expiring contract...

If this were a few years ago, perhaps.  But if the Devils are trading for someone like him now, it'll be mainly for addition by subtraction.  This team has enough grit.  It needs to score more goals.  Ott won't give you that. 

If this were a few years ago, perhaps.  But if the Devils are trading for someone like him now, it'll be mainly for addition by subtraction.  This team has enough grit.  It needs to score more goals.  Ott won't give you that. 

Oh I completely agree with you.  I hope Lou doesn't pursue that option.

Where was this Gaborik trade mentioned?  I haven't seen anything anywhere, is it something substantiated?  I'm torn..he's a great scorer, but he's made of glass.  And he was a habitual big-game vanisher. 

I dont know where it came from...

But i think we need to sign him this summer... he is a star (talented player that can manufactured goal) This is what we need...

Him and stasny should be our mains target

I just posted to show it was floating around on twitter, no harm done

If you want to do that, I'd hope you would at least, rather than citing some dumb source, put your own thoughts.  I'd rather have one fan's random speculations than someone posting tweets that have no authority at all and then someone else coming in and being like 'no way, rumorbreak totally got [trade] or [signing] right.'

If you want to do that, I'd hope you would at least, rather than citing some dumb source, put your own thoughts.  I'd rather have one fan's random speculations than someone posting tweets that have no authority at all and then someone else coming in and being like 'no way, rumorbreak totally got [trade] or [signing] right

I understand they have no autority but if your going to cry about like a teenage girl, I wouldnt have posted sorry

Honestly I don't mind seeing the random rumors. There are certainly tiers as to what sources carry weight but I like to know what's out there. It's just fun to speculate. Maybe some of them can even turn out to be true.

There's nothing wrong with speculation. I think people just want to avoid this thread turning into a mess like on some trading days in the past where there are just pages of Єklund (2.3% accurate) and Incarcerated Bob and hockeyinsiderrrr stuff. It's understandable

I really would not want Gaborik. He very rarely stays healthy. The Devils would spend most of their time trying to fill in the hole he leaves when he's injured.

I agree but at the same time I'm hoping we can somehow clear out a defensemen or two, imo moving any of our rhd so Larsson can play up here is an improvement.

The posts with shaky sources are A LOT less annoying than the posters that complain about them. Because then we are wasting our time reading someone complaining

Not shaky sources. NO sources. Complete and utter BS. Every trade deadline 10-15 accounts with a bunch of followers change their name to some rumour/insider catchy name and take the players that are reported by the actual insiders and just make sh!t up. Desperate trade-hungry NHL fans who can't live in the world of unknowns follow them and take the bait. But once again it is all made up. There are maybe 10 people in the entire media that have enough sources around the league to be able to discuss all teams and rumours. It isn't any unknown individual hiding behind a twitter account.

This thread should be above that crap. If people want to invite any made up rumour, they should create a rival hockey thread and indulge.

There's nothing wrong with speculation. I think people just want to avoid this thread turning into a mess like on some trading days in the past where there are just pages of Єklund (2.3% accurate) and Incarcerated Bob and hockeyinsiderrrr stuff. It's understandable

Yeah I can understand that. This is a much more mature message board than most places and there's a good reason for that. I just think that when you see a source that you don't recognize you take it with a grain of salt and move on. I guess the problem is too many people address the post instead of ignoring it and it becomes bigger than it needs to be.