The Official 2014 Trade Deadline Thread

Derlique

The posts with shaky sources are A LOT less annoying than the posters that complain about them. Because then we are wasting our time reading someone complaining

You know what's even worse than that?  People complaining about people complaining about posts with shaky sources  :dizzy:

I don't know about you guys, but I personally don't even want tweets from accounts like "xXNHL_Trade_RumorsXx" posted.  Because they're obviously crap, trying to cash in on the deadline hype.

Edited by Devilsfan118

I miss the days when you would find out about a trade with an article in the paper the next day.

Anyways I really do not want any part of Gaborik or Kesler for reasons already stated.  Moulson might be decent but I have a feeling we would just be getting another Ryder.  Vanek might be interesting but he is all but certain to be too rich for Lou's blood so not worth getting into him.

You know what's even worse than that?  People complaining about people complaining about posts with shaky sources  :dizzy:

I don't know about you guys, but I personally don't even want tweets from accounts like "xXNHL_Trade_RumorsXx" posted.  Because they're obviously crap, trying to cash in on the deadline hype.

The only source I trust is @CAASecurity

You also forgot "HockeyyyyInsiderrrr111"

The posts with shaky sources are A LOT less annoying than the posters that complain about them. Because then we are wasting our time reading someone complaining

If people don't post blatantly false, made up rumors, then there would be no need to complain about them. These wannabe twitter accounts contribute nothing. If we are speculating, I'd rather a poster bring up a player and give their opinion on why they think the move would make sense. That would contribute something. 

Not shaky sources. NO sources. Complete and utter BS. Every trade deadline 10-15 accounts with a bunch of followers change their name to some rumour/insider catchy name and take the players that are reported by the actual insiders and just make sh!t up. Desperate trade-hungry NHL fans who can't live in the world of unknowns follow them and take the bait. But once again it is all made up. There are maybe 10 people in the entire media that have enough sources around the league to be able to discuss all teams and rumours. It isn't any unknown individual hiding behind a twitter account.

This thread should be above that crap. If people want to invite any made up rumour, they should create a rival hockey thread and indulge.

Agree 100%. I wonder if it would be worth it to have separate threads, one for people that like rumors that are made up and one for those of us that only take the rumors from the likes of McKenzie/Dreger/beat writers/Spectors/etc...people that actually work in the industry. 

I understand they have no autority but if your going to cry about like a teenage girl, I wouldnt have posted sorry

I didn't know teenage girls were so eloquent in their crying.  Do you run this account?  Because otherwise you should've taken 0 offense at what I said - just said it'd be better if you speculated instead of some twitter moron.

While we're talking about Buffalo players, I really don't have much interest in Moulson, but I do have interest in Tyler Ennis - I wonder if NJ can't pry him out of there.  I'm not sure what Buffalo would want of ours - they have young D but they are farther behind on the development track than the 3 young guys NJ has used this season.  Something to think about.

@RandyJMiller: Brodeur trade rumors heating up with Blackhawks sending 2 execs to #Devils game. Wild assistant GM here, too. http://t.co/L7ze0MTe5q

Don't know what info they think they can glean from watching Marty in warmups. They're probably looking at Gaborik.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They may be wanting to see how well he opens the bench door for the players. 

@RandyJMiller: Brodeur trade rumors heating up with Blackhawks sending 2 execs to #Devils game. Wild assistant GM here, too. http://t.co/L7ze0MTe5q

Don't know what info they think they can glean from watching Marty in warmups. They're probably looking at Gaborik.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There's basically no way the Hawks can fit Gaborik in capwise. The only way they could even fit Marty in is if we absorbed half the cap hit or took back Bickell.

I blink once, and you have a historically terrible offense with Gaborik on the third line.

Looking at all of your posts. I don't know if you're delusional or just retartedly optomistic, but whatever it is, at least it isn't constant doom like the majority of the rest of us.

Well it's not as if the Devils have traditional first. second, and third lines anyways.  Anybody know if Gaborik can play LW?  It's irrelevant since we're not getting all 3 of those guys anyways.

I don't remember David Conte ever being reported at an NHL arena.  Young players at the game include Toffoli, Vey, and Ma. Granlund - I dunno, seems strange, maybe he's just in the area.scouting something else

good point - would they really send Conte (who rarely is sent to games) to scout Mike Cammalleri? He has been in the league for quite some time, I dont think one game will alter and scouting report on him. Are the Kings a possible match for one of our young D for their young O?

I think LA and Calgary are both possible trading partners to be honest. And I think the the guy was not Conte but the head of pro scouting.

Edited by coldply123