The Official 2014 Trade Deadline Thread

Derlique

Down the line meaning next year?  I mean, I'm penciling in Reid Boucher into Cammalleri's spot - they're similar types of players and Cammalleri is going to demand at least a 2 year deal.  

The assets NJ has are mostly too big for a Cammalleri deal.  You don't give up players in this kind of deal anymore, it isn't 2000.  You give up picks because picks have more uncertainty than NHL prospects and teams need their prospects.  Matteau for Cammalleri would be a galling overpay.  Now if NJ got back Calgary's 2nd round pick in 2015 and added another prospect (Scarlett, e.g.), then maybe you have something, but I doubt Calgary does that.

The other thing I'd like for NJ to do is poke around in some of these young guys who can't get a shot with their current team - Jeremy Morin, Brett Connolly, and there's a couple others who are becoming waiver-eligible next year who don't look like they'll have a spot on that team. 

Tri,

Do you have any sort of hope for Matteau?

Tri,

Do you have any sort of hope for Matteau?

What do you mean by this?  I don't 'have hope' - Matteau's going to be an NHL player, or at least it's going to take a lot for him not to be.  He may only end up being a 4th liner but he should have a long NHL career.  He skates well, he can play physical, he's not an idiot with the puck, and he's doing reasonably well in his first pro season given that he is one of the youngest players in the AHL.  The names DeBoer mentioned in conjunction with him - Malone, Hartnell - I think it's unlikely he gets there, but he's got a lot of the right attributes.

As for the Girardi deal, it's not bad on money but 6 more years of an already declining Girardi is bad news for the Rangers.

"@jprutherford: Ryan Miller is a late scratch tonight. It's believed that a deal is imminent and STL is the likely destination."

"Sabres have scratched Steve Ott as well"

"@TSNBobMcKenzie: Not saying this is it, but one scenario that has definitely been discussed: 3-way trade involving BUF, STL and OTT. A # of variations."

"@TSNBobMcKenzie STL would get Miller, OTT would get Chris Stewart, BUF would get prospects from OTT. If Ott (the player) included to STL, 1st rder to BUF."

"@TSNBobMcKenzie That scenario I laid out is speculative but has been discussed this week by the teams."

Edited by DJ Eco

@StLouisBlues BREAKING: The Blues have acquired Miller & Ott from Buffalo for Halak, Stewart, Carrier & two picks. INFO >>> http://bit.ly/1fPaGKk

That seems like a very good haul for Buffalo depending on what the picks are.

Picks are a first next year and a third in 2016. Great trade for Buffalo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Daniel

McKenzie, said buffalo might try to trade Halak to Minnesota and Stewart to Ottawa.

Apparently Minnesota is interested in Marty to.

I'd post the link, but I have no clue how to post a tweet on here or at all.

Edited by CarterforPresident

McKenzie, said buffalo might try to trade Halak to Minnesota and Stewart to Ottawa.

Apparently Minnesota is interested in Marty to.

I'd post the link, but I have no clue how to post a tweet on here or at all.

Just copy and paste.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk