The Official 2014 Trade Deadline Thread

Derlique

This could be Marty's last home game. I can't pissed about him starting this one for that reason. He better play well, we need these points.

If they aren't 100% sure this is his last game and this is his home sendoff, he can't be playing 

Could be a potential showcase for somewhat interested GM's?

Who knows

honestly, it'd be better for that if he didn't play. Have his last game be the good Islanders game. He could very easily pull one of his 4 goals on 18 shot specials versus a good team

Plus I think trying to win a game versus a team in front of us is *slightly* more important than a showcase for a trade for a 3rd rounder

Edited by DH26

honestly, it'd be better for that if he didn't play. Have his last game be the good Islanders game. He could very easily pull one of his 4 goals on 18 shot specials versus a good team

Plus I think trying to win a game versus a team in front of us is *slightly* more important than a showcase for a trade for a 3rd rounder

He is obviously going to try to win the game.  Throw all the trade talks aside, if this was a couple months back....after Corey's game against the Sharks, it wouldn't be crazy to start Marty for this one

I guess we're officially sabotaging our own season to make Marty happy then. This settles it

Clearly the Devils are:

1. Giving him his proper sendoff at home

2. Showcasing him to interested GMs

It all makes PERFECT sense if you ask me.

He is obviously going to try to win the game.  Throw all the trade talks aside, if this was a couple months back....after Corey's game against the Sharks, it wouldn't be crazy to start Marty for this one

Yes it would be crazy. If you're trying to win the game, you don't play arguably the worst goalie in the league in 2 out of 3 games 

If Marty looks great tomorrow and we get the W....no chance we go back to him Thursday?!?

Hopefully no because again, we're trying to win and brodeur, even if he's good once, is terrible on average 

so Brodeur is starting tomorrow per TG

If it's his last home game, then fine I can accept it. Otherwise we shouldn't be pissing points away like this. Detroit is better than the Islanders

time will tell

Edited by '7'

If Marty looks great tomorrow and we get the W....no chance we go back to him Thursday?!?

I think with #30 playing Tuesday that its highly likely that #35 plays Friday. 

Maybe if #30 puts up a shutout then he'd get the call again on Friday, due to his history of playing well after a shutout.  then #35 gets the Saturday game.

but I think its Marty vs Wings, Cory vs Wings, then if #30 was good he may get the 'Canes game on Saturday

Marty doesn't need showcasing, that's a poor justification.

If this is his last send-off game, great.  It's still lessening the team's chances at two very important points.  I don't like it.

Agree bad decision. Schneider had a bad game as did the team so bench Schneider? It's not back to back and with Detroit with two games in hand we must win both against them. IMO this is Marty stirring the pot.  As for a send off game would they announce that to have the place filled with fans. I am getting tired of this Marty situation he should have kept his mouth shut and finished the contract.

What are you basing this upon?  How can you be so sure?

Absolutely nothing, it's just my gut. My gut's telling me that this decision is not just because Schneider had one lackluster game...

As for a send off game would they announce that to have the place filled with fans. I am getting tired of this Marty situation he should have kept his mouth shut and finished the contract.

Don't see why they would? Detroit's a big draw anyway and announcing something like that before the game would be a crazier distraction than anything else. Writing's on the wall and I can't help but think tomorrow's game is gonna be rammed to capacity.

Edited by DJ Eco

Clearly the Devils are:

1. Giving him his proper sendoff at home

2. Showcasing him to interested GMs

It all makes PERFECT sense if you ask me.

Why would we have to "showcase" Marty lol the guy has been in the league for like 75 years and there's tapes and videos of each games. Not as if he's a young prospects or something.

It's going to be very strange if Marty gets a big sendoff...only for him to end up staying.

Going to be a weird night tomorrow, unless Lou or Marty come out definitely and say that nothing is up and that he's going nowhere.

Absolutely nothing, it's just my gut. My gut's telling me that this decision is not just because Schneider had one lackluster game...

Don't see why they would? Detroit's a big draw anyway and announcing something like that before the game would be a crazier distraction than anything else. Writing's on the wall and I can't help but think tomorrow's game is gonna be rammed to capacity.

i don't even know if the Pru Center has standing room only areas...but if they do tomorrow is the time where they can actually use them