The Official 2014 Trade Deadline Thread

Derlique

Oh man if tomorrow is his last game, that place is gonna be packed tomorrow night.

It will likely be packed in anticipation of it being his last game...

Nobody will know if it was or not until after the fact; whether it is later tomorrow night, or sometime on Wednesday

Oh man if tomorrow is his last game, that place is gonna be packed tomorrow night.

Not really...the game against Detroit wasn't a big seller before this (strange to say considering it is Detroit, but just look at secondary market prices).  One day's notice ain't gonna sell out the joint for a weekday game.

Not really...the game against Detroit wasn't a big seller before this (strange to say considering it is Detroit, but just look at secondary market prices).  One day's notice ain't gonna sell out the joint for a weekday game.

You wanna bet?

It's looking like a decent crowd, but probably not as good as the Sharks game that barely cracked 16k: http://www.ticketmaster.com/new-jersey-devils-vs-detroit-red-newark-new-jersey-03-04-2014/event/02004B261FCC3634?artistid=805982&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=9&tm_link=artist_msg-0_02004B261FCC3634

Close to 600 tix on StubHub, with the cheapest ticket around $25.. Yup looking like 15.7k - 16.1k

Edited by Colin226

Not really...the game against Detroit wasn't a big seller before this (strange to say considering it is Detroit, but just look at secondary market prices). One day's notice ain't gonna sell out the joint for a weekday game.

It might be brodeurs last game, place will be sold out. Whether you are a fan of his, or not like some on here, you have to respect what hes done for our team.

As others have mentioned I dont think a deal has been made yet bc if it was theres no way he would be playing

Normally this is true, but I don't really think this would be true with Brodeur in this situation. 

Kind of how the mandatory waiting period for Hall of Fame eligibility was waived for both Gretzky and Lemieux.  Certain guys just get "outside the box" treatment...like goalies who play for one franchise for over 20 years and win 683 games.  It wouldn't surprise me at all if Marty gets this game, is traded the following day, and we find out that the deal was basically done before the game started. 

Marty would not be starting if a trade is already in place. If a trade was agreed to, Marty would be on his way to a new team.

I don't think it's too outside the realm of possibility to picture a scenario where each GM agrees on giving Brodeur, the greatest goalie of all time, a 23-season New Jersey Devil, a proper send-off at home.

Brodeur is one of the most respected goaltenders in the history of the game and Lou is one of the most respected general managers in the NHL. No GM risks putting the kibosh in a deal because he didn't grant Lou or Brodeur a simple request.

Don't forget, the popular clause exists that the trade goes through on the condition of a physical.

Edited by DJ Eco

It might be brodeurs last game, place will be sold out. Whether you are a fan of his, or not like some on here, you have to respect what hes done for our team.

As others have mentioned I dont think a deal has been made yet bc if it was theres no way he would be playing

Tickets are selling for $12 on TicketExchange and still in the mid-$20's on StubHub (TE has hidden surcharges, StubHub doesn't)...this was headed for a 13,000 crowd before noon today.  3-4000 tickets are a LOT to sell in barely over 24 hours.

Tickets are selling for $12 on TicketExchange and still in the mid-$20's on StubHub (TE has hidden surcharges, StubHub doesn't)...this was headed for a 13,000 crowd before noon today. 3-4000 tickets are a LOT to sell in barely over 24 hours.

If there's anything that can get those tickets to move... Its this.

Also, I feel the need to point out the irony here- If this is indeed Marty's last game as a Devil, it comes against the team he led the franchise to its first Cup against. Just throwing it out there...

Not irony. Just a coincidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, I feel the need to point out the irony here- If this is indeed Marty's last game as a Devil, it comes against the team he led the franchise to its first Cup against. Just throwing it out there...

And I was there for every game,not just Marty but that whole team was so much fun to watch.....the mighty Red Wings.....swept in 4.....Thank You Marty for everything you have done here.I wish you nothing but the best no matter what unfolds.

I just can't wrap my head around what happens if Brodeur plays well Tuesday.

I really don't see him getting dealt. Remember, Lou would never trade hm unless he wanted to be dealt. So the hypothetical situation is Brodeur plays quite well Tuesday. All of a sudden he has to make a decision that night what he wants to do. Perhaps Pete says he deserves the next game and all of a sudden Brodeur doesn't ask for a deal because he is getting games and feels there is not enough incentive to change teams for an extra game or two. Now the organization feels pressure to play Brodeur because he stayed thinking he would get games.

You alienate Cory and the unsolvable goalie situation continues to be a mess.

I just don't think anyone in the organization has the balls to say Cory is the #1 goalie. Maybe it isn't even the guts, but that Pete and Lou honestly can't come to grips with it either. And if it was clear to them, Marty doesn't have a shot at this game. Look around the NHL, would any starting goalie with the numbers Cory has sit this GIGANTIC game for another goalie on the roster with similar numbers as Brodeur? I can't even come up with a comparable since there isn't a starting goalie doing as well as Cory paired with a backup doing as poorly as Brodeur this season.

Edited by devilsrule33

If they agree to a deal he won't be in the game. They aren't going to risk an injury or anything just to get him a last game.

In this case, why not?   We're not trading him because of the return we stand to get (minimal).  The dude wants playing time.  Tomorrow night he has it and if he gets hurt, no need to trade him. He can spend the rest of the season on IR as a Devil.  

I really don't see him getting dealt. Remember, Lou would never trade hm unless he wanted to be dealt. So the hypothetical situation is Brodeur plays quite well Tuesday. All of a sudden he has to make a decision that night what he wants to do. Perhaps Pete says he deserves the next game and all of a sudden Brodeur doesn't ask for a deal because he is getting games. Now the organization feels pressure to play Brodeur.

I just don't think anyone in the organization has the balls to say Cory is the #1 goalie. Maybe it isn't even the guts, but that Pete and Lou honestly can't come to grips with it either. And if it was clear to them, Marty doesn't have a shot at this game. Look around the NHL, would any starting goalie with the numbers Cory has sit this GIGANTIC game for another goalie on the roster with similar numbers as Brodeur? I can't even come up with a comparable since there isn't a starting goalie doing as well as Cory paired with a backup doing as poorly as Brodeur this season.

This situation has already become too dramatic.  Given everything that has happened over the last few days, I think we're at the point that Brodeur needs to go.  We don't want to be the Canucks.  

I really don't see him getting dealt. Remember, Lou would never trade hm unless he wanted to be dealt. So the hypothetical situation is Brodeur plays quite well Tuesday. All of a sudden he has to make a decision that night what he wants to do. Perhaps Pete says he deserves the next game and all of a sudden Brodeur doesn't ask for a deal because he is getting games. Now the organization feels pressure to play Brodeur.

Spot on here. I'd be surprised if this is how it DOESNT play out

Many things are moving in the direction of Brodeur leaving - so again, I don't have a problem if, at the end of the game, Brodeur does something special to indicate, hey, he's gone.  If no such thing occurs, then yeah, it's an issue, but dr33, there's just not a guy of Brodeur's stature or anywhere close who's currently a backup.  I mean, DeBoer says that they have 2 #1 goalies, then Brodeur doesn't play for 8 games.  There's clearly a pattern being established here.

I don't know. I mean he's not traded until he is. They can have agreed to a deal in principal but wanted to give Marty one more start at home, perhaps by his request, or whatever - and his new team could make this exception before signing the papers on Wednesday. But for all we know, this is a just in case kind of thing.