The Official 2014 Trade Deadline Thread

Derlique

If Tampa is smart they are looking to unload Callahan now.   He is made of papermache and will increasingly show diminishing returns.

Its a pretty big IF.

i guess there was discussion about this being a 3 way trade cause tampa were not that interested in Callahan but we'll see. Kind of a risky move to make that trade if you dont want him and without having a next move

So it would be the number 26 pick in a weak draft and a who knows pick next year in what they say is a top heavy draft.

If you want the Rangers to lose out in this deal, everything that you can imagine has to go wrong for them next year.

well for one, Lundqvist save % is already way down from his career norms.

well for one, Lundqvist save % is already way down from his career norms.

I'm saying Hindenberg wrong.  Lunqvist basically has to turn into Marty next year, they would have to have no reliable back up, they would have to have at least two defensemen as well as Nash miss major time, and St. Louis' production would have to fall off a cliff. 

Ugh why did St. Louis have to go baby his way into a blue shirt...This is awful. He was pretty much my favorite player. 

Better question. Why did Steve Yzerman lose his balls and let this baby dictate to him? This whole thing makes Yzerman look bad. Should have laughed in his face, told him to grow up or go home and then inform ownership and have them both laugh.

Why would Tampa losing and the Rangers winning be good for us? We're a lot closer to the Rangers in the standings.

I don't think we catch the Rangers now.  

I think Tampa will take a nose dive, which is why I said this was good for us.

Well I guess the thinking is that the 1st and 2nd offset the difference in player between Callahan and St. Louis while still allowing the Lightning to try and win this year

I think Tampa is in for a rude awakening.   St. Louis made Levcaviliar and Stamkos look great.   Tampa is going to struggle to win the rest of the season.

Also, as expected St. Louis took multiple high picks to be moved. I don't have time to scroll through the thread but can any of our prospect guys reiterate the value of those picks based on the draft classes and whether they think the NYR overpaid? I mean, they get St. Louis for a season and a half.

I don't necessarily see this as a big win for the rangers yet... You never know what losing your captain does for a team in a playoff race. No doubt St. Louis adds scoring and leadership in his own right but I'll wait to see how this affects the team overall.

This is a long shot but does anyone have a text alert service that's free and will give me trade alerts? I have a dumb phone (can't trust myself to not drain the battery if my phone could play games have an iPod touch for that.) and I'd like to know if anything is going on at work

Just keep visiting this site, when you can't get to the site anymore this means it is flooded with activity about a Brodeur trade :)

From one of our old backups

Kevin Weekes ‏@KevinWeekes 29s

@NHLDevils are on the clock with Brodeur,teams inquiring.Tough emotions for both him & Lou !

That's it Lou...concentrate more on moving a backup goaltender then making the team better offensively. 

This is shaping up to be a clusterfvck of a day. NYR get St Louis, Devils concentrate on trading a backup goaltender.

Edited by TheRedStorm