The Official 2014 Trade Deadline Thread

Derlique

Sabres could pick before us not Lou's fault

I'm talking in general, not about Conacher. Conacher doesn't shoot enough to help a team that doesn't shoot the puck as it is. 

I was afraid of this happening even with 3 hours left. Lamoriello was going to be so wrapped up in Brodeur. 

I'm talking in general, not about Conacher. Conacher doesn't shoot enough to help a team that doesn't shoot the puck as it is. 

I was afraid of this happening even with 3 hours left. Lamoriello was going to be so wrapped up in Brodeur. 

Cool that Weekes is embedded in Newark to watch Lamoriello at work - I can't wait to hear what he's going to have to say about the whole process when this is done.

I haven't found anything in all of this that shows that Lou is "concentrating" on trading Marty.

You haven't  found anything that says he isn't, either. 

Cool that Weekes is embedded in Newark to watch Lamoriello at work - I can't wait to hear what he's going to have to say about the whole process when this is done.

I do not like the fact that Brodeur could be taking any time away from Lamoriello trying to improve the team. All efforts have to be on offense today, not Brodeur. Lou has entertained Brodeur long enough here. That window is gone and it closed with Bryz going to MN.

Edited by TheRedStorm

You haven't found anything that says is isn't, either.

Bazinga!

lol it's foolish to think that Lou is so wrapped up in trading Marty that he won't explore other trade options. The man has been an nhl gm for a quarter century I think he knows how to multitask. Edited by dmann422

How much concentrating could it take? I don't really think too many teams are interested. I think Lou can balance that and try to get something done at forward.

I think Lou would look for a backup replacement if Brodeur gets dealt, but I have no doubt that Kinkaid could come in and at the very least, duplicate Brodeur's NHL numbers.

If Kinkaid wants any kind of NHL future, he better be able to!

Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie 24s

Hearing EDM's Ales Hemsky is going to OTT for picks. No official confirmation or details just yet.

People complaining that Lou didn't trade picks for Hemsky in 3...2...1...

People complaining that Lou didn't trade picks for Hemsky in 3...2...1...

Not me...I don't think he would've helped much.