The Official 2014 Trade Deadline Thread

Derlique

I would've liked to have seem him, if even to throw something at the wall for some scoring help.

He went 24 games without scoring a goal before netting two last night.  He's scored 28 goals in his last 162 games (82 points total).  He's never really been a big goal-scorer anyway.   

I'll be the one who complains, Hemsky is better than Ryder and Brunner, it would have been an upgrade.

Probably would've been more of the same with a different name on the back of the jersey.

the problem is the devils don't have those picks to deal - i mean they do, but they are low on total picks for the next two years. and, of course, there's nowhere to put hemsky if you don't move someone out. you already saw zubrus get pushed down into the bottom 6 last night.

devils top 7: elias, jagr, zajac, henrique, ryder, clowe, brunner.

i'm not going nuts over not getting hemsky here.

See... this is why I say Deboer needs to be responsible....

Tom Gulitti @TGfireandice 39s

DeBoer said not accurate to say Schneider has taken over as No. 1. Said he took ball and ran with it before break as Brodeur did earlier

I almost want to see Brodeur traded at this point so PDB can stop coming off like a clown when it comes to this issue.  It's one thing if Marty is in denial, but PDB has to be smarter than that. 

I disagree, Ryder is the most useless player on this team. When he is not scoring he does absolutely nothing, Hemsky is a play maker and can put the puck into net. He would have been great on a line with Henrique and Patty.

Edited by Zubie#8

I'll be the one who complains, Hemsky is better than Ryder and Brunner, it would have been an upgrade.

If we'd at least be in playoffs position trying to fight to stay in i may be considering throwing picks for guys but in the situation we're in, i'd rather not take the risk of losing picks for a rental who didnt help the situation

@Real_ESPNIebrun says EDM retains 50 per cent of Hemsky's remaining salary. Trade call still pending.

Wait, did I miss this: @DarrenDreger #canucks Kesler has just been traded to #NHLducks . #NHLTradeDeadline #Tradecentre

When the hell was this announced?

It wasn't.  You've been conned by a fake Twitter.  Dreger does not tweet with a billion hashtags.

I disagree, Ryder is the most useless player on this team. When h is by scoring he does absolutely nothing, Hemsky is a play maker and can put the puck into net. He would have been great on a line with Henrique and Patty.

Hemsky scores 17.8 goals per 82 games for his career (he never plays that many in a season), and he's been below that rate as of late.  Doesn't sound like a guy who can put the puck into the net to me.   

I disagree, Ryder is the most useless player on this team. When he is not scoring he does absolutely nothing, Hemsky is a play maker and can put the puck into net. He would have been great on a line with Henrique and Patty.

Hemsky is not a goal scorer at all.  That line needs another finisher, not another passer.  Ryder isn't scoring but he's getting his shots and that's all you can do as a player.

Hemsky hasn't been doing much scoring. He has 9 goals and 17 assists to Ryder's 16 goals and and 12 assists.

Hemsky scores 17.8 goals per 82 games for his career (he never plays that many in a season), and he's been below that rate as of late. Doesn't sound like a guy who can put the puck into the net to me.

Hes been on the third line getting defensive minutes in the past two seasons on a lousy Edmonton team. He passes the eye test for me, always love watching him play. Also 18 goals is more than Brunner Zubrus Ryder Zajac Lokti can provide. He would have been an upgrade. I'd take those 9 goals ad 17 assists over Ryder's nonchalant play.

And what is wrong with another pure play maker? Besides Patty and Jagr we have a bunch of gritty centers as wingers.

Edited by Zubie#8

Hes been on the third line getting defensive minutes in the past two seasons on a lousy Edmonton team. He passes the eye test for me, always love watching him play. Also 18 goals is more than Brunner Zubrus Ryder Zajac Lokti can provide. He would have been an upgrade. I'd take those 9 goals ad 17 assists over Ryder's nonchalant play.

And what is wrong with another pure play maker? Besides Patty and Jagr we have a bunch of gritty centers as wingers.

Loktionov, Clowe, Zubrus - these are all pass first players.  Josefson too.

Ryder is only considered nonchalant because he isn't scoring.  He's getting his shots.

If Hemsky was a goal-scorer, why can't he crack the top six on a lousy Edmonton team?  He's flashy but overrated.

Loktionov, Clowe, Zubrus - these are all pass first players. Josefson too.

Ryder is only considered nonchalant because he isn't scoring. He's getting his shots.

I hate his game even when he i scoring. He drags his line down. I have been extremely disappointed with him all season. One hot streak doesn't do it for me. Majority of his shots are outside the circles on the rush anyways, he doesn't generate anything. Edited by Zubie#8