The Official 2014 Trade Deadline Thread

Derlique

You know what, I've got a feeling the Devils are in on Vanek.

I have NO sources, I haven't heard this anywhere.  I just have a feeling Lou's a sleeper on this guy.

Keep dreaming!!  What do we have to offer for him?!?  I have also read that him signing in Minny this summer is pretty much a done deal....

Starting to get the feeling the Devils aren't doing anything, except for something extremely minor.  I'm not one to kill Marty, but hopefully the fact that no other team seems to think he can help them will change his perspective on how much playing time he should be getting.   

I feel that way about moulson. It's been really quiet on the moulson camp...

Keep dreaming 2.0.  We might have a decent shot to resign him if we managed to get him though....

Brodeur was never going to go to Montreal - why does Montreal want that mess?  They have a good goalie, so let's acquire the 2nd best Quebecois goalie of all time who can't stop talking about how much playing time he needs.

And now he can lobby for playing time to the media in French!!

Starting to get the feeling the Devils aren't doing anything, except for something extremely minor.  I'm not one to kill Marty, but hopefully the fact that no other team seems to think he can help them will change his perspective on how much playing time he should be getting.   

Sadly, I think this will just fuel his desire to "prove he can still play" to the world even more....

There is no good ending to this saga folks...

Starting to get the feeling the Devils aren't doing anything, except for something extremely minor. I'm not one to kill Marty, but hopefully the fact that no other team seems to think he can help them will change his perspective on how much playing time he should be getting.

I don't mean this to come across in an especially mean way, but I think Marty is so far into his own head that nothing short of forced retirement this summer will get that point though to him.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

As crazy as it is, I wouldn't be surprised if this happened at this point....

2014-15 may be yet another media circus

Reality hits marty today square in the jaw!  he can be a backup here for another year or he can retire.

but as of today its a non-story

1. Brodeur isn't going anywhere...no surprise that Louie baby hung him out there as "trade bait" to say, "hey pal, ya see this? You aren't worth anything...anywhere...so sit down...shut up....and accept your role"

2. No offensive help on the way.  Very unlikely to happen.  Not a Lou thing to do and no one left who would be a "Lou trade" kind of guy.

Time to accept what we have and make chicken salad out of chicken sh!t and hope we can sneak into the playoffs by some miracle.

Edited by mikepeluso8

As crazy as it is, I wouldn't be surprised if this happened at this point....

2014-15 may be yet another media circus

If Lou does this, he loses some cred as far as I'm concerned.  There's no way he or anyone else on the Devils can pitch that in a way that makes it sound like a good move.   

Can't say not getting Gaborik bothers me, though there's a part of me that would've been intrigued has Lou made a move to get him.