The Official 2014 Trade Deadline Thread

Derlique

I have to post this every few minutes, but Tuomo Ruutu, at $4.75 mil?  WTF????  Lamoriello was too frazzled by the whole "MartyGate Leak of 2014" to do anything effective at the deadline...what sh!t.

Maybe the stupidity of Garth Snow will keep the ineptitude of Lou Lamoriello blanketed. Terrible thought if Glen Sather is now the Metro area's top GM.

I've been lurking most of the day to read what other Devils fans thought we might do at the deadline and to see if anyone here had an inside scoop compared to generic NHL sites, but this post is just so fvcking stupid that I had to register and call you out.

LL is suddenly inept because of the one and only trade he made today to acquire a veteran winger and got rid of a ridiculously underachieving RFA?  I admit, I had huuuuge hopes for Loktionov at the beginning of this year, but the guy has done next to nothing, so it doesn't pain me to see him go.   Ruutu's contract isn't all that bad, at 4M for 2 years left.  The problem isn't Lou -- the talent is there.  It we would stop playing fvcking games with guys who should be in the NHL full time like Larsson and Gelinas, and probably Josefson, we'd be in much better shape.  Instead DeBoer, or whoever else is influencing these stupid decisions, continue to give helmets each night to pylons like Volchenkov. 

I'm just glad we didn't lose a guy like Zidlicky, who has provided so much offense for us this year on the back-end.   Dumping Salvador would've been nice, but the guy is our captain and that's honestly probably the reason he didn't get shipped. 

I'm also glad Brodeur is still with us.  Here's hoping he accepts his current role.  Hell, he isn't even a true backup yet, he's still effectively splitting starts, since every time Cory has a flaky night DeBoer isn't shy from putting Marty back in and letting him try to win the job back.   I've never been a fan of a carousel at the goalie position, but I'd much rather deal with this for a season and see Brodeur retire as a Devil, than to see him go somewhere else where he'll likely still be a backup, and tarnish his legacy .  People saying this is a circus and a media nightmare are fvcking whiny and retarded.   The perfect ending for me as I've accepted the end for Brodeur is to see him finish the year with us and make a big push in the playoffs and then having him retire, or even one more season on a 1 year deal, provided again the he further accepts the backup role as we continue to give Schneids more starts. 

Edited by NJDfan1711

I've been lurking most of the day to read what other Devils fans thought we might do at the deadline and to see if anyone here had an inside scoop compared to generic NHL sites, but this post is just so fvcking stupid that I had to register and call you out.

LL is suddenly inept because of the one and only trade he made today to acquire a veteran winger and got rid of a ridiculously underachieving RFA?  I admit, I had huuuuge hopes for Loktionov at the beginning of this year, but the guy has done next to nothing, so it doesn't pain me to see him go.   Ruutu's contract isn't all that bad, at 4M for 2 years left. 

I'm just glad we didn't lose a guy like Zidlicky, who has provided so much offense for us this year on the back-end.   Dumping Salvador would've been nice, but the guy is our captain and that's honestly probably the reason he didn't get shipped. 

I'm also glad Brodeur is still with us.  Here's hoping he accepts his current role.  Hell, he isn't even a true backup yet, he's still effectively splitting starts, since every time Cory has a flaky night DeBoer isn't shy from putting Marty back in and letting him try to win the job back.   I've never been a fan of a carousel at the goalie position, but I'd much rather deal with this for a season and see Brodeur retire as a Devil, than to see him go somewhere else where he'll likely still be a backup, and tarnish his legacy .  People saying this is a circus and a media nightmare are fvcking whiny and retarded.   The perfect ending for me as I've accepted the end for Brodeur is to see him finish the year with us and make a big push in the playoffs and then having him retire, or even one more season on a 1 year deal, provided again the he further accepts the backup role as we continue to give Schneids more starts. 

LOL. Thanks for registering. And the laugh on a terrible day.

all they got for vanek was a 2nd and a prospect. gotta see what that prospect is but snow butchered the entire vanek era on the island

I blame minnesota. No one probably wanted vanek he's a giant flight risk back to minni.

What an absolute waste of time.

I'm out, done with hockey for the day.  No sense getting any more pissed off than I already am.

Now I'm just waiting for Marty to be announced as the starter for the next game.  JUST WAITING FOR IT! :lol: