The Official 2014 Trade Deadline Thread

Derlique

All I wanted was one of the superfluous defenseman moved. For anything. A fvcking spare tire, I don't care. And Lou can't do it. And I'm also glad we addressed that scoring issue by adding a guy with 5 goals in 57 games. Bravo Lou, bravo.

I love Lou to death, but I want to punch him in the fvcking face right now.

All I wanted was one of the superfluous defenseman moved. For anything. A fvcking spare tire, I don't care. And Lou can't do it. And I'm also glad we addressed that scoring issue by adding a guy with 5 goals in 57 games. Bravo Lou, bravo.

with this being stated, I do not believe I need to add anything else to this thread

I've been lurking most of the day to read what other Devils fans thought we might do at the deadline and to see if anyone here had an inside scoop compared to generic NHL sites, but this post is just so fvcking stupid that I had to register and call you out.

LL is suddenly inept because of the one and only trade he made today to acquire a veteran winger and got rid of a ridiculously underachieving RFA?  I admit, I had huuuuge hopes for Loktionov at the beginning of this year, but the guy has done next to nothing, so it doesn't pain me to see him go.   Ruutu's contract isn't all that bad, at 4M for 2 years left.  The problem isn't Lou -- the talent is there.  It we would stop playing fvcking games with guys who should be in the NHL full time like Larsson and Gelinas, and probably Josefson, we'd be in much better shape.  Instead DeBoer, or whoever else is influencing these stupid decisions, continue to give helmets each night to pylons like Volchenkov. 

I'm just glad we didn't lose a guy like Zidlicky, who has provided so much offense for us this year on the back-end.   Dumping Salvador would've been nice, but the guy is our captain and that's honestly probably the reason he didn't get shipped. 

I'm also glad Brodeur is still with us.  Here's hoping he accepts his current role.  Hell, he isn't even a true backup yet, he's still effectively splitting starts, since every time Cory has a flaky night DeBoer isn't shy from putting Marty back in and letting him try to win the job back.   I've never been a fan of a carousel at the goalie position, but I'd much rather deal with this for a season and see Brodeur retire as a Devil, than to see him go somewhere else where he'll likely still be a backup, and tarnish his legacy .  People saying this is a circus and a media nightmare are fvcking whiny and retarded.   The perfect ending for me as I've accepted the end for Brodeur is to see him finish the year with us and make a big push in the playoffs and then having him retire, or even one more season on a 1 year deal, provided again the he further accepts the backup role as we continue to give Schneids more starts.

1) its not our job to worry about marty's legacy, thats his problem. IMHO he needs to retre. That being said I have not problem w/ him being the back up for the rest of this year.

2) LL has dropped the ball too often lately, i'd rather nothing than picking up a bad contract of a slow mucker...

3) since 2005, LL has far more misses than hits!! Yes the Kovy & Zid trades were nice, but the Kovy trade turned into an awful contract that eventually cost us a draft pick & then Kovy leaves. the Vol & Sal contracts are awful, now Ruuto contract, ( and remember that unbeleiveable Rolston contract!!!)

4) And for me the biggest screw up is Larsson in Albany, sorry but IMHO he is better then half of the startes now so why is he not here?? LL needed to make a move to open a spot for him, that was the final straw for me

In Lou We DONOT Trust!!

I love Lou to death, but I want to punch him in the fvcking face right now.

A Nightmare on Lafayette Street, starring Louis Krueger as the GM. 

I want to wake up, because this can't be fvcking happening...

You all need to get some complete vision.  You all bitch about everything.  EVERYTHING. Whatever the team DIDN'T do is the right move. 

Just because the Devils aren't winning doesn't mean that everyone else if brilliant.  What has Minnesota won lately?  Isn't it always just a matter of time for all those teams they try to buy/negotiate their way to a Cup? The more splashy moves they make more they are casting a vote of no confidence on the stars they already HAVE.  For fvcks sake give your team a chance!

I'm not pleased with Lou's moves.  The only thing worth bitching about is merely that 3rd rounder -- I mean wtf was THAT all about?  Rutuu isn't even worth Lokti?  He had to go and throw a pick in too?  Whatever - it's all a big so what really. 

Remember in that movie The Christmas Story, when Ralphie thinks Christmas is over, but then he sees the hidden BB gun behind the desk and Christmas is saved? This is just like that except without the BB gun, and we all we got was the pink bunny rabbit pajamas named Tuomo Ruutu.

You all need to get some complete vision.  You all bitch about everything.  EVERYTHING. Whatever the team DIDN'T do is the right move. 

Just because the Devils aren't winning doesn't mean that everyone else if brilliant.  What has Minnesota won lately?  Isn't it always just a matter of time for all those teams they try to buy/negotiate their way to a Cup? The more splashy moves they make more they are casting a vote of no confidence on the stars they already HAVE.  For fvcks sake give your team a chance!

I'm not pleased with Lou's moves.  The only thing worth bitching about is merely that 3rd rounder -- I mean wtf was THAT all about?  Rutuu isn't even worth Lokti?  He had to go and throw a pick in too?  Whatever - it's all a big so what really. 

I agree with the bitching part in reference to this, seems like such a non issue, we traded a guy that wasn't going to stick around for a guy that might provide a little more help in the now, and even if we ate the entire salary it isn't that big of a deal, cuz really who the fvck are we going out and signing in the offseason, we hardly ever make a real splash, Kovy was the last one and that was a deviation from the mean if anything.

why not send a dman to Carolina with Lokti (Sal, Volly) and get a low pick? or nothing? weird.

Yeah -- Lou is sticking to his unloaded rusty old guns.  He used to the best at cutting bait - now.. OY VEY  he only gets rid of dead wood if it BEGS to be gotten rid of.  I don't get it at all.

All the Lou hate is hilarious  I love how people are sucking his dick one moment, then ready to divorce him the second he doesn't do exactly what they want.

Is anyone actually looking at the activity today?  It was light and low this year LEAGUE-WIDE.  It's a buyers market, and if you scan any other teams you'll see people saying the exact same thing.  Players weren't getting big returns, so it's no surprise to see that guys we wanted moved (Salvador, Volchenkov) weren't moved.  We also don't have a lot to give up right now, because if we wanted a Moulson or Vanek teams would've no doubt wanted Henrique or Larsson, and people would've really sh!t a brick to see his name mentioned.  

Someone above Lou needs to end the Brodeur/Lou era immediately. How long until the owners realize the special sauce has long expired.  

Lou will just use the same excuse, "oh there was nothing that made us better" and the owners will carry on. Nothing will be done. Like dumping Salvador or Harrold for a fvcking 6th rounder wouldn't make this team better... like addition by subtraction of one of those guys wouldn't make this team better... whatever.

Oh shut up, a lot of us have praised Lou and defended the moves that he's made in the past (including the ones that he made that didn't work out, but still made a lot of sense).  Like I and others have said, if Lou had done NOTHING, we would've been OK with that.  I don't care what other teams are doing...the grass will always be greener if you look hard enough.     

But this one is a REAL tough one to defend.  Yes, there is a chance that this move works out wonderfully and we're all eating crow.  I'll happily load up my plate if that's the case.  But jeez, it's hard to spin this day into being a good one for Lou, and I'm usually one of the fans defending him.

Remember in that movie The Christmas Story, when Ralphie thinks Christmas is over, but then he sees the hidden BB gun behind the desk and Christmas is saved? This is just like that except without the BB gun, and we all we got was the pink bunny rabbit pajamas named Tuomo Ruutu.

Home run!  Pretty sure this one actually left the stadium.  Bravo! 

I agree with the bitching part in reference to this, seems like such a non issue, we traded a guy that wasn't going to stick around for a guy that might provide a little more help in the now, and even if we ate the entire salary it isn't that big of a deal, cuz really who the fvck are we going out and signing in the offseason, we hardly ever make a real splash, Kovy was the last one and that was a deviation from the mean if anything.

Agreed and agreed. Finally some sensible posts.  The overreaction by everyone here is enough to drive you insane.

All the Lou hate is hilarious  I love how people are sucking his dick one moment, then ready to divorce him the second he doesn't do exactly what they want.

Is anyone actually looking at the activity today?  It was light and low this year LEAGUE-WIDE.  It's a buyers market, and if you scan any other teams you'll see people saying the exact same thing.  Players weren't getting big returns, so it's no surprise to see that guys we wanted moved (Salvador, Volchenkov) weren't moved.  We also don't have a lot to give up right now, because if we wanted a Moulson or Vanek teams would've no doubt wanted Henrique or Larsson, and people would've really sh!t a brick to see his name mentioned.  

agree. and welcome to njdevs.

OK -- see the thing is -- is Larsson really all that good?  i mean that's really the thing there.  He might just be a bust - because he sure was no great shakes in the NHL.  Our d all interchangeably sucks pretty much.  All kinds of potential - that's kind of coming to nothing anyhow -- so how can you screw up nothing?  Everything out there sucks just as much when seen through the Devils lens.  No one would have added to this team.  We need some BRAINS.  Where is that lazy sh!t Niedermayer when you need him?  fvckin' around out West -- as usual.