GDT: Columbus @ Our New Jersey Devils 7pm ET - Midnight GMT

nick17112

34 more points needed for Patrik to reach 1000 for his career.  Should finish this season around 980 or so, provided he stays healthy. 

Marty against the Isles, Cory against San Jose. Exactly what I think we all expected.

I really hope not...

I don't think it will be either. But it may be. I'm still not sure Marty didn't ask for a trade during that secret meeting he had with Lou

I don't think it will be either. But it may be. I'm still not sure Marty didn't ask for a trade during that secret meeting he had with Lou

Gun to my head, I think that meeting was more a 'clear the air' type of meeting where grievances were aired (Festivus style :P) and thoughts were exchanged. I'm hoping Lou talked Marty into coming to his senses re: a trade, and made him realize that he won't play any more on a Cup contender than he would here.

Bad 2nd but an absolutely stellar 3rd and solid 1st.  NJ survived giving up a bad goal which seldom happens - offense was there all game long, pretty much.

Adam Henrique genuinely should've had a hat trick - had 5 SOG, all scoring chances in my memory, and one or two others that he missed the net with.  He hasn't played that kind of game as a winger, well, ever.

Bad 2nd but an absolutely stellar 3rd and solid 1st.  NJ survived giving up a bad goal which seldom happens - offense was there all game long, pretty much.

Adam Henrique genuinely should've had a hat trick - had 5 SOG, all scoring chances in my memory, and one or two others that he missed the net with.  He hasn't played that kind of game as a winger, well, ever.

How was the 2nd bad?  To me, it looked worse than it really was because Columbus was better in the 2nd than they were in the first.  The Devils had a solid 2nd period from my POV.

How was the 2nd bad?  To me, it looked worse than it really was because Columbus was better in the 2nd than they were in the first.  The Devils had a solid 2nd period from my POV.

They were consistently stuck in their own end.  Shots were 13-8 NJ but I don't think that reflected scoring chances.  One or two great shifts but Columbus had a lot of the puck in that one.

Zubie#8, on 27 Feb 2014 - 11:53 PM, said:Zubie#8, on 27 Feb 2014 - 11:53 PM, said:Zubie#8, on 27 Feb 2014 - 11:53 PM, said:Zubie#8, on 27 Feb 2014 - 11:53 PM, said:

Hey.....that dump has great sight lines.  :icon23:

Yeah if you don't take a tumble going up or down their uneven steps before getting to your seat.  And their concourse makes the CAA look spacious.  One of the quirks I did like about going there a few years back is the whole 'ten dollars for parking, but five dollars you can get back in a food credit at the hotel nearby' lol

Edited by NJDevs4978

Yeah if you don't take a tumble going up or down their uneven steps before getting to your seat.  And their concourse makes the CAA look spacious.  One of the quirks I did like about going there a few years back is the whole 'ten dollars for parking, but five dollars you can get back in a food credit at the hotel nearby' lol

Tickets are pretty dirt cheap on stubhub. Decent seats in the teens

The bathrooms however are the worst I've seen in any hockey arena. The lines are so far out the door that they actually get tangled into other bathroom lines halfway down the concourse.

Todd Cordell ‏@ToddCordell:

Cory Schneider has allowed two goals or less in 14 of his last 15 starts.

Blank check Lou. Blank check.

This is a big reason why I think Lou believes he can be a buyer. Minus Deboers crummy coaching if Lou could add a good forward or two and subtract a couple of the dregs like Bernier and Gionta we would be in good shape.

Would you be willing to give him Lundqvist's contract?  I doubt he'd ask for it though.  I'd do $42m for 6 years.

If Lou wants to get him signed after this season, he probably has to go max term.  Hard to think Cory wouldn't get a max-year offer somewhere else, and all he would have to do to get it would be to wait one year.  If Lou gives Cory a max-year offer with terrific per-year terms and Cory still turns it down, not sure what Lou does there.   

Brodeur starting against Isles

Sadly, I can't say the idea of Marty starting makes me feel anything other than nervous...I wish I didn't feel that way, but I do...I'd much rather feel nostalgic excitement and enjoy what could very well be Marty's last start as a Devil (I have a feeling he's not going anywhere though).  Unfortunately, the memories of the outdoor trainwreck and some other shaky Marty games this season are still too fresh in my head.