GDT - 3/2/14 @ 3:00pm: Sharks vs Devils

Mike Brown

Njdevs saturday: Wahoo we are awesome. Great to have Gelinas back. Sign Cory for ever.

Njdevs Sunday after playing a top team in the league: Cory should be shot , bring back Moose, Gelinas should be sent to play out his career in Japan.

yeah it's the same thing here after every loss. Even if we won ten in a row and then lost one you need to give some of these guys a few hours to cool down. I don't know what they were watching cuz I thought we played well minus our pp which in 4 attempts only generated one quality chance.

Anyway these next two games are huge, we really need to win both and preferably in regulation.

Devils must beat the Wings twice in regulation now

Or twice before the end of the third period. 

Rather not. But I guess I just won't venture in to the game thread right after the game if people are going to rip on the team's best player for letting in one bad goal.

I think in your own way, you are venting too. One way people do it is to scapegoat one of the team's players, another is to hate on those posters. It happens after almost every tough loss, and even the quality posters, such as yourself, are not immune from it.

everybody knew the game was over after the nieto goal

the devils didn't play poorly either, but Schneider needed to be absolutely perfect today with the devils on a back to back and he wasnt

if you really thought the game was over I'm assuming you didn't bother watching the final 12 mins?

It's not rocket science to say that a team down 1 with 12 mins to go is likely to lose but the game isn't over.

I'm not going to rip Cory for this game when he was lights-out for so long beforehand...but can't help but wonder if the layoff is affecting him.  Hopefully if rust is an issue, he shook it off today.

one step forward two steps back

Not really.  Gotta see what they do against the Red Wings before we can say that.  Thing that sucks is that they really need to get four points against the Wings now (one of the wins coming in OT isn't the end of the world).  Three Devils points means the Red Wings come away with at least two.  Not really good enough.   

Not really.  Gotta see what they do against the Red Wings before we can say that.  Thing that sucks is that they really need to get four points against the Wings now (one of the wins coming in OT isn't the end of the world).  Three Devils points means the Red Wings come away with at least two.  Not really good enough.   

All the teams we are chasing or are in the pack with are getting points as well. That doesn't help.

All the teams we are chasing or are in the pack with are getting points as well. That doesn't help.

That's why I think they have to come away with four against the Wings. 

It's gotten to the point where the Devils should probably focus on getting 92 points or more, instead of who's ahead of them.  Checking the standings daily will lead to frustration more than anything else. 

It's gotten to the point where the Devils should probably focus on getting 92 points or more, instead of who's ahead of them.  Checking the standings daily will lead to frustration more than anything else. 

Yea, this. The reason it's not two steps back is because coming out of the break we needed a certain amount (maybe 15-17) of wins to finish the season. Every loss makes that harder but is not the end of the world when following two wins.

It might take more than 92 at this point.  Getting Detroit and an improving Columbus in our conference this season kind of ups the point total we need.

The frustrating thing is we let SO many games slip away that we should have won...

Combined with not winning 1 single shootout...we are where we are today

We SHOULD be comfortably in a playoff spot but a las we are not

Yeah it's hard to beat a team like SJ who's been waiting in NJ for several days. 3rd game in 4th nights, they just looked like a mentally tired a little bit. What's been sucky is we haven't had some help. But big games this week. I wish we had Brunner right now, but we'll see how trades shake out in a couple days.

I am a little worried though about Detroit Tuesday, if only because it'll be 4th in 6 for us and they'd be rested for the entire weekend.

Like 7 said earlier, when exactly is this 'easy' part of the schedule coming lol...all we kept hearing about how easy the stretch run was going to be and now it's well they're playing the Sharks, they're playing the Wings.  Bottom line they haven't played like a team that's deserved to make the playoffs.  They can't put together a three-game winning streak to save their lives and they need at least one or two long winning streaks down the stretch to have any hope of survival.