[Now Dead]Devils, Wild Agree To Deal That Would Send Brodeur To Wild

devilzibook

This to me was a given. This might be a Deboer move for nostalgic purposes with no internal pressure, or because Deboer is crazy and has no realization that Brodeur is one of the 3 worst goalie in the NHL this season.

Lou Lamoriello doesn't respond to rumors, but did say he'd "never" have a player play in a game if a deal to trade him was already agreed on

personally dont think hell go to the wild.

This.  However, this could be a pre-emptive curtain call just in case a deal is made which means the feelers are certainly out there. 

And with that folks, the season is over.  Because this media zoo that has become NJ will ultimately cause the place to implode.  Us trading Brodeur for anything short of Jason Pomminville or Mikael Granlund would be a bust because you don't trade the best goalie of all time for "future considerations"...I don't care if the guy is on crutches or in a wheelchair, he stays because he is the best you ever had!

Sentimental bullsh!t. I would trade marty for a 3rd line player in a second. Who gives a flying fvck, really. Do you think marty will be remembered for anything other than his accomplishments as a devil?

When people think of brett favre, do they go, he was that Viking/Jets quarterback. No he is thought of as one of the best QBs in packer history.

Broduer will always be remembered as a devil, helping hose some team out of worthwhile players would be another addition to the many ways marty has made this franchise successful. We need some offensive help in the worst way, this team needs that more than it needs goalie who is literally at the end of his career.

Sentimental bullsh!t. I would trade marty for a 3rd line player in a second. Who gives a flying fvck, really. Do you think marty will be remembered for anything other than his accomplishments as a devil?

When people think of brett favre, do they go, he was that Viking/Jets quarterback. No he is thought of as one of the best QBs in packer history.

Broduer will always be remembered as a devil, helping hose some team out of worthwhile players would be another addition to the many ways marty has made this franchise successful. We need some offensive help in the worst way, this team needs that more than it needs goalie who is literally at the end of his career.

This is nothing like Farve.  He turned into a joke with the retire/unretire multiple times thing.  And you're right, his legacy as a player is with the Packers.  The other nonsense with the Jets and Vikings is just that... nonsense. 

Wow it's amateur hour out there for New Jersey Devils fans...

Welcome to the trade deadline, folks, this is what it feels like for fans (and players and management) of big market teams 2-3 times a year, especially ones with superstars or expiring contracts. Seeing Lou angrily overreact to the rumors going around reminds me how sheltered and insulated from the media we've been as a team. All this media coverage seems like new territory to everyone from Brodeur himself to Lamoriello, and of course us fans....

Edited by DJ Eco

This is nothing like Farve.  He turned into a joke with the retire/unretire multiple times thing.  And you're right, his legacy as a player is with the Packers.  The other nonsense with the Jets and Vikings is just that... nonsense. 

Favre with the Vikings was way more successful than marty is going to be wherever he goes. Favre played his best year statistically speaking in 09'-10' with the Vikings. They also made it to the NFC championship, don't see how that is nonsense. He just won't be remembered for that.

Edited by Sneax

Haven't seen this mentioned:

What do we get in return (speculation) for Brodeur to Wild? Anything halfway decent?  Sorry if I am late to the party, trying to catch up on the (speculation) details.

We get a bag of pucks and water bottle signed by Zach Parise.

Favre with the Vikings was way more successful than marty is going to be wherever he goes. Favre played his best year statistically speaking in 09'-10' with the Vikings. They also made it to the NFC championship, don't see how that is nonsense. He just won't be remembered for that.

Was talking about the retire/unretire thing.

Lou probably nixed the deal after the leak. Wouldn't shock me.

i am fairly convinced something like this happened. i'm not even kidding - lou was so furious at TG that it seemed out of character.

and there's nowhere else for him to land so we're stuck with him.