[Now Dead]Devils, Wild Agree To Deal That Would Send Brodeur To Wild

devilzibook

I don't think there was a Marty to Minnesota deal. He was announced as the starter for tonight's game yesterday. You simply do not start a goalie you are going to trade, especially your "backup" as the case may be, for fear he may be injured. If there was any chance of a deal getting done, he wouldn't be starting. 

As far as I read, the rumors of the deal between the Devils and Wild surfaced AFTER it was announced he would be starting. It simply doesn't make any sense. 

Especially since Marty played so well in his last start, let that be how he is remembered by your fan base and let that be the last impression of those looking to trade for him. You don't throw him out there against Detroit and risk not only injury, but risk him being exposed as slower and less effective than he might otherwise be perceived. 

Its just common sense. 

I don't think there was a Marty to Minnesota deal. He was announced as the starter for tonight's game yesterday. You simply do not start a goalie you are going to trade, especially your "backup" as the case may be, for fear he may be injured. If there was any chance of a deal getting done, he wouldn't be starting. 

As far as I read, the rumors of the deal between the Devils and Wild surfaced AFTER it was announced he would be starting. It simply doesn't make any sense. 

Especially since Marty played so well in his last start, let that be how he is remembered by your fan base and let that be the last impression of those looking to trade for him. You don't throw him out there against Detroit and risk not only injury, but risk him being exposed as slower and less effective than he might otherwise be perceived. 

Its just common sense. 

TG reported that Minnesota had inquired about Marty.  What exactly that means is difficult to determine, but it certainly means at least there was some smoke.  I agree with what others have speculated that Lou did not like what Minnesota was offering.  Minnesota gave up a fourth for Bryz, so I can't imagine that what they offered for Marty was much better, maybe a third. 

EDIT:  Well, how about this to stir the pot:

Randy Miller @RandyJMiller 28s

Brodeur’s not going to Minnesota. How about Chicago? Blackhawks pro scout Dennis Bonvie will attend tonight’s #Devils-Red Wings game.

Edited by Daniel

TG reported that Minnesota had inquired about Marty.  What exactly that means is difficult to determine, but it certainly means at least there was some smoke.  I agree with what others have speculated that Lou did not like what Minnesota was offering.  Minnesota gave up a fourth for Bryz, so I can't imagine that what they offered for Marty was much better, maybe a third. 

EDIT:  Well, how about this to stir the pot:

Randy Miller @RandyJMiller 28s

Brodeur’s not going to Minnesota. How about Chicago? Blackhawks pro scout Dennis Bonvie will attend tonight’s #Devils-Red Wings game.

Yeah, cuz the Chicago scout came all the way to NJ just to see Marty.  I can see them looking at a player on Detroit as well. 

Believe it or not, I think the most valuable players on our forward core are the Bernier - Gionta - Carter trio, since they bring the tenacity, experience, and A playoff resume that most younger, inexperienced teams don't have.

Alot people in here doing a lot of speculating- too much true detective for you!

Not one credible source said this was a done deal, it was all speculation started by a hack who just tries to guess at deals and maybe strikes on one in a blue moon.

Now, if you said minny inquired about Marty and there were talks ongoing thati can believe but I do not buy for one second the line of reasoning that:

A) a deal was finalized pending Marty waiving

B) Marty wanted to start one last game in red and black before waiving.

C) Lou allowed/told PDB to start Marty for said reason

D) once Lou saw all of the media speculation on this decided to call Minnesota to nix the deal.

E) within hours Minny turned around and had a deal done for bryzgalov.

It's just too many guesses without any evidence for me. Marty still may be moved but I think this all started because one guy wanted to jump the gun to say he had it first and a bunch of people followed. Unfortunately that's the world now with twitter.

I think the speculation that the deal fell through because of a leak is Ludacris. Do you honestly fvcking believe Lou would tank the deal because of that? All it does is hurt our team if It was a beneficial deal to us.

He's not Tarantino.

I think the speculation that the deal fell through because of a leak is Ludacris.

this made lol

I'm assuming the fact that it's capitalized means it was autocorrected, which makes it funnier that it autocorrected to a rapper's name rarther than the actual word.

Yeah, cuz the Chicago scout came all the way to NJ just to see Marty.  I can see them looking at a player on Detroit as well. 

Believe it or not, I think the most valuable players on our forward core are the Bernier - Gionta - Carter trio, since they bring the tenacity, experience, and A playoff resume that most younger, inexperienced teams don't have.

I find it hard to imagine Chicago and Detroit trading.  Even putting aside the blood rivalry it's pretty rare when two contenders make a big deal.

Marty isn't the only tradeable player on the Devils by a longshot either.

this "Brodeur's last home game" nonsense was the single greatest marketing ploy the Devils EVER came up with....much credit to the PR dept for doing something for once :lol:

i knew something just didnt make sense like others have said once i heard they were starting him tonight i couldnt see that they would be moving him.. i hope he atleast finishes the season with us.

It makes even less sense to me that they would start the obviously inferior goalie in such a big game.  Giving him one last home game at least is some sort of justification.

I think the speculation that the deal fell through because of a leak is Ludacris. Do you honestly fvcking believe Lou would tank the deal because of that? All it does is hurt our team if It was a beneficial deal to us.

He's not Tarantino.

This just in.... Ludacris traded to New Jersey for Brodeur and 50 Cent.

• Like 1

I find it hard to imagine Chicago and Detroit trading.  Even putting aside the blood rivalry it's pretty rare when two contenders make a big deal.

Marty isn't the only tradeable player on the Devils by a longshot either.

Detroit is not a contender.  

Yeah, cuz the Chicago scout came all the way to NJ just to see Marty. I can see them looking at a player on Detroit as well.

I don't believe it and you are insane if you do. Two of those mentioned are awful.

Deboer can say all he wants about Marty earning this start, but I don't think there's anyone in the organization who looks at the situation and calls Marty the starter. This start comes down to that there was a chance it would be his last home game. No matter what happens tomorrow, I think Cory has 4 of the next 5 after the deadline. If the Devils have any interest in the playoffs, it's gotta be all Cory.

Fine, but it isn't clear that Cory is either. The game breakdown don't tell me that.

Thanks to Scott Cullen for this link here. Look at the top and look at the bottom. Really kind of funny isn't it. I'm very worried how the rest of this season goes...and the future of the organization if it comes close to how I have written the rest of the year will go.

Edited by devilsrule33

They have virtually no cap space left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Devils could retain or take back an existing contract. It's doable. Unlikely perhaps but doable.