GDT: 3/4 Detroit at Devils 7pm

Satans Hockey

It amazes me how many people just can't enjoy an incredible game and win, without feel the need to bash Brodeur for not making a save on a deflected shot or posting a shutout.   

As far as the 3 stars are concerned, sports are entertainment.  The fans wanted nothing more than for Brodeur to come out one more time and take a bow.  For the entertainment aspect alone, he should have been named a star.

I thought the attending media votes on the stars.  I know that's how it used to be in the late 90's, early 2000's.  If not them, then who makes that decision now?

I don't know, but it is not the media - Gulitti says he hasn't been asked in years.

It amazes me how many people just can't enjoy an incredible game and win, without feel the need to bash Brodeur for not making a save on a deflected shot or posting a shutout.   

As far as the 3 stars are concerned, sports are entertainment.  The fans wanted nothing more than for Brodeur to come out one more time and take a bow.  For the entertainment aspect alone, he should have been named a star.

Yeah, that's part of the reason I want him traded. He can do no right here. I'd like to see him ride out his career somewhere where he can be the shiny new toy for a couple of months.

Yeah, that's part of the reason I want him traded. He can do no right here. I'd like to see him ride out his career somewhere where he can be the shiny new toy for a couple of months.

Maybe for some here (I think he can do some right) , but I think he can do no wrong for 75% of Devils fans out there. 

I would love for him to be a shiny new toy for a couple of months somewhere, but that won't happen. Around the league, it's pretty clear to what people don't want to see in NJ (management and coaching mostly). He isn't good. He isn't okay. He is bad.

Martin Brodeur has it better in NJ than he could have in any other situation in the NHL. He has started games in his hometown, he started the outdoor game, he has started 30 of 63 games when the stats say that's crazy. He faces the least amount of shots in the league, which really help his GAA (good luck bringing a .899 save percentage to any other team). Yet that still isn't enough, and he wants to be traded?

FWIW, there is no doubt that Marty is over the hill. He can still make a big save every here and there but his play has decreased dramatically for the last 3 years or so. He is not even close to the level he is playing at in the middle of the decade.

Nonetheless, there is still value in Marty because of his experience and puck-handling ability. This skill has contributed to the reason that the Devils score more for Marty

Complete falacy that marty is contributing to the devils scoring more when he's in net. Show me data where the devils have more scoring chances when marty is in net vs cory. I'll gladly eat crow if there is actually a difference.

I have watched the devils pin other teams in their own end for long periods of time and come up with nothing with both goalies, us not finishing is not because our goalie isn't moving the puck some.

Edited by Sneax

Has anyone else noticed Kevin Clark announces goals at strange times? Last night, he announces the Gionta goal with :20 secs to play and the Red Wings up an extra skater and making a mad push to tie the game. Crucial points on the line. Clark couldnt wait til the final horn to announce it? He has a habit of doing this. Or, maybe I'm riled up from the trades and its just me...

Maybe for some here (I think he can do some right) , but I think he can do no wrong for 75% of Devils fans out there. 

I would love for him to be a shiny new toy for a couple of months somewhere, but that won't happen. Around the league, it's pretty clear to what people don't want to see in NJ (management and coaching mostly). He isn't good. He isn't okay. He is bad.

Martin Brodeur has it better in NJ than he could have in any other situation in the NHL. He has started games in his hometown, he started the outdoor game, he has started 30 of 63 games when the stats say that's crazy. He faces the least amount of shots in the league, which really help his GAA (good luck bringing a .899 save percentage to any other team). Yet that still isn't enough, and he wants to be traded?

We all know that. We know he's not good anymore. But Deboer plays him, and win or lose, he gets crapped on by fans and the media sticks 50 microphones in his face asking him if he's leaving or retiring. Wouldn't you want to be traded? He's not the guy here anymore and everyone knows it, so whats wrong with him wanting to see if he can contribute somewhere else?

• Like 1

We all know that. We know he's not good anymore. But Deboer plays him, and win or lose, he gets crapped on by fans and the media sticks 50 microphones in his face asking him if he's leaving or retiring. Wouldn't you want to be traded? He's not the guy here anymore and everyone knows it, so whats wrong with him wanting to see if he can contribute somewhere else?

This. You get a +1 for that.

He doesn't realize that he is still more THE GUY here than he'd be anywhere else.  He can want to go elsewhere, but I don't see it as likely, and that's what's sad.

He doesn't realize that he is still more THE GUY here than he'd be anywhere else.  He can want to go elsewhere, but I don't see it as likely, and that's what's sad.

I don't think it's likely either. Cory has blown him out of the water. If he could see the forest for the trees, he'd consider himself lucky that his contract is up in July and he can retire. Unfortunately, he thinks there's something left and I'd rather he found out there's nothing left somewhere else.

Minnesota chose Ilya Bryzgalov over Marty.  Yeah, he's many years younger, and he has done some good things in the NHL, but he's Ilya Friggin' Bryzgalov. 

If Marty can find a team that thinks he can help them, great for him, but I think he's finding out the hard way that everyone else is seeing what we're seeing...basically, what Marty himself ISN'T seeing.