My thoughts on Ruutu trade

SullivanNJD

I'm sorry, I didn't know that was frowned upon. Will refrain from it going forward. Is there a section or spot on this site to post blogs?

Devilsfan118 is right, but this response is class. 

As for your question: If you have something you have written that you want to share, you should post it as a new topic only if it calls for one. This was just more of a post that could have gone in the other Ruutu thread and/or the trade deadline thread. Not a big deal though.

Devilsfan118 is right, but this response is class. 

As for your question: If you have something you have written that you want to share, you should post it as a new topic only if it calls for one. This was just more of a post that could have gone in the other Ruutu thread and/or the trade deadline thread. Not a big deal though.

point taken, thanks for the heads up

I think dumping Loktionov is a positive to take out of this too though. We got our good games out of him last year, and this year it just didn't stick. If you're going to put him in the dog house, may as well get a decent player in return.

As for Rutuu himself, I like the trade, would've been nice if we could've done a little more, but this actually reminds me of the Ponikarovsky trade in 2012. He's a no frills player, but if he fits well (as he surely can, and as Poni did) it can be an under the radar move that really pays off.

He can play center.

Just because you say it doesn't make it true. Since 2007 he's had one season (10-11) where he played significant time at center. Just trying to get facts straight. 

Well it is true he can play center.

Physically yes. So can Henrique, but it doesn't mean you should pencil him in there.

Edited by PWW

You didn't do anything wrong, Sullivan. Don't let these guys intimidate you. 

Of course he didn't do anything wrong - I'm just trying to help a new member get accustomed to the policies of the board.  There's no 'intimidation' here, it's a general policy to not create new threads when one already exists about a certain topic just so things don't get cluttered.  Just giving him a heads up for future reference.

Why must EVERYTHING be a confrontation with you?  It's like you come on here looking for fights..

Physically yes. So can Henrique, but it doesn't mean you should pencil him in there.

Henrique is killing it on Patty's wing right now.  But if Henrique gets cold, he's more ideal as a center imo.  But right now you have to keep on Patty's LW.

Of course he didn't do anything wrong - I'm just trying to help a new member get accustomed to the policies of the board.  There's no 'intimidation' here, it's a general policy to not create new threads when one already exists about a certain topic just so things don't get cluttered.  Just giving him a heads up for future reference.

Why must EVERYTHING be a confrontation with you?  It's like you come on here looking for fights..

Can mods merge threads?  I know on HF they can.

There's no confrontation here. You went looking to play junior moderator and i said to Sullivan don't let these guys intimidate you. If you can find the confrontation there, feel free to point it out.

• Like 1

Yeah, I've (sort of) warmed up to this trade. Ruutu has gotten some pretty rotten shooting luck in Carolina and is a real SOB to play against.  He's basically a better Steve Ott

Oh he'll REALLY fit in here then, since we've supposedly had rotten 'shooting luck' the last two years.

There's no confrontation here. You went looking to play junior moderator and i said to Sullivan don't let these guys intimidate you. If you can find the confrontation there, feel free to point it out.

You're consistently difficult and looking for trouble with anyone who gives you the time of day.  That being said, I won't continue to do so.

It's getting old, just know that.

• Like 1

You're consistently difficult and looking for trouble with anyone who gives you the time of day.  That being said, I won't continue to do so.

It's getting old, just know that.

Don't be so dramatic. But, i guess that's all babysh!t compared to openly accusing the same member you accuse me of giving a hard time to by alluding that he has a mental issue, right? 

Edited by TheRedStorm

The idea that adding a scorer suddenly improves goals per game is elementary.

I guess, but it's clearly the case for our team. We don't get slammed every game, we play solid defense and on a good game, outshoot the opposition by like 10 shots, but we can almost never finish our chances. Add one top 6 guy who can finish on his, and you get his goal production, and maybe even increased production from your other forwards because of things falling in place. Like the only thing this team lacks is scoring, how does adding a scorer not help that?

I guess, but it's clearly the case for our team. We don't get slammed every game, we play solid defense and on a good game, outshoot the opposition by like 10 shots, but we can almost never finish our chances. Add one top 6 guy who can finish on his, and you get his goal production, and maybe even increased production from your other forwards because of things falling in place. Like the only thing this team lacks is scoring, how does adding a scorer not help that?

Ruutu is a scorer?