GDT Carolina @ Devils 7:00 PM

MadDog2020

Don't be so sure. Cory sh!t the bed yesterday.

But he doesn't sh!t the bed every night. He is coming off an unreal stretch.

Brodeur on the other hand couldn't even play in the AHL. He is atrocious, unclutch, and just plain delusional. We can not let him continue to drag us down into the mud anymore. Nail his ass to the bench, give him 5mil under the table to pay off Melanie for the next 10 years, just keep this abject disaster OFF THE ICE

Awesome job by Ruutu tonight, he skates a lot better than I thought he did, hopefully he plays his way into staying with Zajac and Jagr. Henrique and Elias have just been unreal lately, love watching them play. Nice of Brunner to finally score but that turnover he had was horrendous. 

The D really had to step up to eat minutes with Gelinas only playing 3:26 in the final 2 periods (understandably so given the score and lack of PP's). 

By no means was Brodeur good, I'm not saying that at all, but I don't think he was as awful tonight as some others in the thread. The Semin goal was bad but the 1st goal was a bit of a fluke, then they had a PPG, and SHG where he was left out to dry. Overall 29 saves on 33 shots so he kept them in it. I still don't think he should get the next game or much playing time at all, but I have a feeling he will at least get the next start.

Awesome job by Ruutu tonight, he skates a lot better than I thought he did, hopefully he plays his way into staying with Zajac and Jagr. Henrique and Elias have just been unreal lately, love watching them play. Nice of Brunner to finally score but that turnover he had was horrendous. 

The D really had to step up to eat minutes with Gelinas only playing 3:26 in the final 2 periods (understandably so given the score and lack of PP's). 

By no means was Brodeur good, I'm not saying that at all, but I don't think he was as awful tonight as some others in the thread. The Semin goal was bad but the 1st goal was a bit of a fluke, then they had a PPG, and SHG where he was left out to dry. Overall 29 saves on 33 shots so he kept them in it. I still don't think he should get the next game or much playing time at all, but I have a feeling he will at least get the next start.

The first goal is not on him at all

The PPG is a makeable save. He saw and was set for that shot all the way.

The Semin goal is the typical softie backbreaker that everybody saw coming. Marty lazy, slow, again doesn't cover up down low.

The SHG wasn't an easy save, but Nathan Gerbe is a midget and not a top flight goal scorer. For all the whining and crying Brodeur does can you come up with a save there and not leave the door open for a Canes comeback

Brodeur did nothing to help us today. Absolutely zilch.

Due to it possibly(fingers crossed) being his last season, Marty will start in the last games of the season against the Rangers, Montreal and Philly at the very least.

No, this team is trying to make the playoffs. His legacy starts are over

Edited by '7'

Even though the Devils gave up 4 tonight, I don't think the Devils were that bad defensively.  I blame 3 of the 4 goals on Marty.

1. WTF Marty?!  Good play by Skinner though.

2. Soft

3. Can't blame Marty on the breakaway goal.  Those forehand to backhand breakaway shots are difficult to stop, especially when they go top shelf.

4. Awful goal by Marty.

BTW, my record for games I attend is now 10-2-3.

Henrique, Zajac, and Ruutu were beasts tonight!  I also liked Salvador, Elias, Clowe, Brunner, and CBGB tonight.  Thought they all had good games.  Jagr and Zubrus were ok.  Am I missing anybody?

Due to it possibly(fingers crossed) being his last season, Marty will start in the last games of the season against the Rangers, Montreal and Philly at the very least.

We don't have any more games with Montreal.  He'll probably start Philly on Tuesday solely because of the 3-0 record even though if it was Cory sitting at 3-0 after Marty had two great months he'd be playing Marty regardless.

great job by the offense tonight -

henrique has been a man possessed lately - everything is going in for him.

zidlicky also had a great game.

ruutu worked nicely with jagr and zajac tonight

ryder - still nothing - seems a step slow with the shot which is an issue.

i love getting 4+ goals a game and all, but the defense has really been an adventure. as much as i'd like to blame sal, merrill and gelinas have taken a step back. i think volchenkov should draw in for philly and see where they go from there.

Henrique, Zajac, and Ruutu were beasts tonight!  I also liked Salvador, Elias, Clowe, Brunner, and CBGB tonight.  Thought they all had good games.  Jagr and Zubrus were ok.  Am I missing anybody?

Zidlicky made a couple of really good plays (including making a good pass for the primary assist) immediately prior to the Ruutu game winner.

Edited by CHIP72

Convert that man into a forward. It worked with Brent Burns maybe it can work for Eric. Why not try that experiment for a game or two since Ryder and Brunner are doing zilch at even strength. Also frees up Larsson....ehhh nvm I forgot about Volch.

BTW, my record for games I attend is now 10-2-3.

For every 15 home games this year, the Devils average an 8-4-3 record. Yours is 2 wins better - hardly an abnormal deviation, but I don't mean to take away from the success you have had.

Sal was disgustingly awful on Semin's goal.  Even worse than Marty, who was bad himself on that goal.

Maybe it will help him to play Philly which has fewer burners on their team. I mean Carolina is all speed top to bottom. Even the guys who have little finishing ability can skate. Other than Giroux and maybe Voracek, the Flyers are not going to be skating circles around us like Carolina

Salvador continues to be a liability. He makes a few gritty plays here and there but he's just too slow anymore and he can't match the skill forwards at all.

I can't believe no one is killing Pete for putting 4 forwards out there on that power play we gave up the shorty. I barely got done saying how dumb it was before the puck went over the goal line.

I like Pete, but that is bone headed to say the least.

Sit Gelinas for Volch against Philly.

Edited by hystyk28

Man Fayne was a beast tonight. 62.5% CF and that's starting mostly in the defensive zone and against hard completion. As someone pointed out in the chat, he has been shooting a lot more too. Probably our best Dman since the break.