Game in Philly

JRZYRIPPER

So last time I was in Philly I had a guy threaten to pi$& on my leg in the bathroom. I haven't been back since. My buddy dates a girl who is like the Deb Placey to the flyers. She's giving me "fancy pants" seats so that won't happen again? Should I go and if I do should I wear my Elias jersey !?!?!

So last time I was in Philly I had a guy threaten to pi$& on my leg in the bathroom. I haven't been back since. My buddy dates a girl who is like the Deb Placey to the flyers. She's giving me "fancy pants" seats so that won't happen again? Should I go and if I do should I wear my Elias jersey !?!?!

I bet she is nowhere near as tan as Deb....

• Like 2

Go. Wear your Elias jersey. Bring a sign that says 'Bobby Clarke is a f*ggot'. And if a loser Phailures fan threatens to piss on your leg in the bathroom again, wait until he turns around... Then piss on his back. :P

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 2

definitely go. ive worn a jersey there. I live here in philly and they're all pussies. Someone will definitely say something to you but who cares.

You should have a great time in these fancy seats. Don't worry about it they're not gonna jump you, probably just yell something from afar

Edited by Onddeck

Better yet, bring a sign that says, "Bill Burr was right"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jMhoGUiIkk

Bill Burr is an awesome comic! I've seen him perform at the Beacon Theatre and he killed it on stage.

The only time I've seen the Devils play down in Philly is game 5 of the semis in 2012 when we knocked the Flyers out of the playoffs. The fans were pretty civilzed and the group I was with all had Devils apparel on.

I will be there Tuesday. Look for me in between the benches in the first period.

Apparently they wont allow me to wear my jersey there though. Gonna try to get away with the hat.

I wore my jersey in the fancy pants seats too. It was fine. It was also LOUD there compared to clubs in Pru.

I will be there Tuesday. Look for me in between the benches in the first period.

Apparently they wont allow me to wear my jersey there though. Gonna try to get away with the hat.

I wore my jersey in the fancy pants seats too. It was fine. It was also LOUD there compared to clubs in Pru.

Who is "they?"

It's been maybe 12 years since I saw a Devils-Flyers game in Philly, back when I went to school in Philly.  I can't remember if I was wearing Devils apparel, but either way, I didn't hide the fact that I was rooting for the Devils and everyone seemed to recognize it.  I never really had that much of a problem.

I would say, man up and wear your Elias jersey.  In fact, I know that Flyers fans have an absolute hatred, but maybe grudging respect for Elias, since he's scored many gut punching goals against the Flyers.

Always remember that until they win another Cup, you can always go back to the fact that the person who would likely be giving you a hard time has never seen the Flyers win anything. 

I went a couple years ago. I had a horrible overweight 5'-nothing guy calling me everything you could imagine: ++++, jersey trash, scum, etc. I smiled and watched the game and he seemed to drop it-- until the devils won. He followed me out saying all of that sh!t, and I kept my cool until

He brought my 9 year old little brother into it. I lost it and punched him in the throat. Surprisingly, when security came, all of the fans around said I was defending my brother and that the guy was a tool.

They're not all sh!theads, but their sh!ttier ones definitely reek.

nice dude. Good sh!t and good for you. I love hearing anything about how a flyers fan met his or her demise

Been to a few over the years as my gf is a Flyers fan.. Most recently I was at the game in early November when we won 3-0.. There were quite a number of Devils fans and it was a weeknight.. Sat lower level and stood to cheer during our lineup announcement

The worst you'll most likely get is what you already experienced; guys who will run their mouths but not do anything unless you react.. They are all talk.. If you can handle that, you'll be fine

I can understand where the fear of Philly sports fans comes from, and it's a real threat for the Eagles, but I've always felt that Flyers fans are pretty tame.. They are worse in our building because they seem to feel that they need to "live up to their reputation", but really just embarrass themselves.. Down in Philly, eh really not so bad especially in the more expensive seats

Edit: Yeah like everyone said, man up and represent in full Devils regalia.. I've actually yelled at a few Devils fans down there for not wearing their gear.. Didn't even know who they were there for until we scored and they jumped up.. Devils Pride!!

Edit 2: Just remembered that 3 days later we went back to Philly to see them play the Oilers.. Decided to be a douche and wore my Devils hat and hoodie, especially because the Devils had just gotten the Flyers fans to boo their team outta the building, and got wayyyy more crap on the concourse that game than the Devils game haha

Edited by Colin226

Are you serious? Flyers fans are a joke, probably the dumbest fanbase in the league. They'll sit next to you the entire game, and finally yell something as everyone is filing out, things like that. Go. Wear all the devils stuff you have. Be a complete a$$hole and go nuts for your team. Shouldn't even be a question.

Better yet, put on a dress, a long curly wig, high heels, and a hartnell Jersey

I have a buddy who's father in law is a businessman down there. I think its a perk of STHs for them or something. Its only fir the first period.

Ahh, that's cool. I can understand them not wanting you wearing Devils gear during that.

I've been to countless games in Philly while wearing my Devils stuff. As long as you don't go out of your way to be obnoxious, you'll be fine. You'll get plenty of "Devils suck!" chants yelled your way on the concourse and maybe a taunt here or there as you celebrate a goal, but nothing crazy (as long as you aren't being an ass yourself).