Quotes about Defence and positioning

Pepperkorn

So has anyone read quotes about how our d has crappy positioning?  I have of course -- never mind who said it.    A lot of people seemed really happy with the defense getting in on the plays -- I missed the games this weekend. 

Were guys sacrificing positioning for offensive moves? 

While the quotes I read could be seen as maybe a little deflective, I do like that someone is bringing focus to the teams defense.  What does everyone think about Devils defence specifically?  Are the pieces just crap or is the coach crap or is it a combo of both or neither?

we just signed up for our biennial cable deal so I should see some hockey on TV until the end of the season.

Our D is moving into offense since the break and they get caught plus we have the usual gaffs from the rookies that seems to be increasing. Sal is too slow so he get caught out of position. IMO the Devils won't win with a run and gun approach. What has happen to the fore checking they used to be good at? DeBoer is trying to save his job even though Lou gave him sh!t for talent.

Well two guys chasing a player behind the net doesn't help. Didn't know you could score from there... Stevens was a great player but a crappy coach. The D positioning sucks and it's his job to correct it. We really miss Larry..

Bingo. Our play within our own zone has been more of a problem to me than the gaffes that lead to odd-man rushes against us.

Well two guys chasing a player behind the net doesn't help. Didn't know you could score from there... Stevens was a great player but a crappy coach. The D positioning sucks and it's his job to correct it. We really miss Larry..

i agree with this i dont want him behind the bench any more its time for a change.. just because someone was a great player doesnt mean they just transition to a great coach.. i dont think were in a good spot with him running our D behind the bench

Too much puck watching. Poor assessment of actual threats.

This. So much this. Last night I can't tell you how many times they just picked up no one in the offensive zone because they were puck watching. Every rebound seemed like they were all staring at Cory and the puck would bounce to a guy behind them for a great uncontested chance. It's really awful to watch at times.