2014 Miami Dolphins thread

MadDog2020

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm amazed they got anything for him.  The Niners are really taking on reclamation projects this month - arguably the worst QB in football in Gabbert and now a stained guy like Martin although to be fair Harbaugh was his coach at Stanford iirc, if there was ever going to be a landing spot for him it was either there or Indy with Luck.

I'm amazed they got anything for him. The Niners are really taking on reclamation projects this month - arguably the worst QB in football in Gabbert and now a stained guy like Martin although to be fair Harbaugh was his coach at Stanford iirc, if there was ever going to be a landing spot for him it was either there or Indy with Luck.

They basically got him for nothing. Seventh round pick if he makes the team. Maybe he gets a back up job, since the Niners o-line is pretty stacked as it is. Harbaugh was his coach at Stanford, and the guy was a second round pick two years ago, so it makes some amount of sense. But really, bullying or no bullying he was just a pretty crappy NFL football player.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If anyone will get the best out of him its Harbaugh. It's basically a free tryout. He has talent as does Gabb as well. Change of environments really. Now SF only need a to draft a CB.

I mean, Martin really isn't all that talented. He's not particularly strong for an NFL olineman, and moves awkwardly.

Second round pick, something is there with him. If any one is gonna light a fire under his ass, it's Harbaugh. Doubt he even makes the squad though

I mean, Martin really isn't all that talented. He's not particularly strong for an NFL olineman, and moves awkwardly.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Wednesday that the versatile defensive tackle is finalizing a deal to stay with the Dolphins, according to a source informed of Starks' plan. The deal is likely around $6 million per year.

Correction to my earlier post: NFL.com's Ian Rappaport is reporting that the starks deal is agreed to and it's a 2 year deal. No money released yet, but it looks like Starks is resigning.

Hickey doing his best Lou impersonation.

Armando Salguero @ArmandoSalguero 20m

Dennis Hickey dodged when I asked bout interest for Darrelle Revis when he becomes a free agent. "I don't talk about other teams' players."

Just imagine having Grimes and Revis in the secondary.  For what it's worth, Revis, I believe, lives in South Florida, and evidently Hickey was played a significant role in bringing him to Tampa.  Plus there's the stick it to the Jets/Idzik factor.  I keep saying though, if his existing cap hit can be absorbed, and I'm not really sure if it can be, I would trade our second rounder for him. 

Apparently there's a clause in Revis' contract that allows the team he's with to convert a ton of his salary to signing bonus without consent and at any time.  If the team in question does that, the cap hit for 2014 drops to 5.5 Million.  Definitely fit-able this year, though I'd imagine that will get onerous at some point.

He'll be a raider.

They have so much cap space and no QB that they can certainly throw all the money at him that they want. But seems to me that under those circumstances the Raiders would have traded something like a third round pick to keep him away from everyone else if he was really in their plans. If any team can afford to pay him $16 million a year, which he won't be getting from any other team, it's the Raiders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk