Which would you rather?

roomtemp

Have to agree, outside of the bruins there isn't anyone to be scared of. I guess the penguins could be scary if fleury magically continues to play well into the playoffs. He has been pretty damn good this year, if that continues they could be winning another cup finally.

But we should be really scared of the bruins they always beat us in recent memory.

Edited by Sneax

I would absolutely love to play the Penguins first round at all costs. Only teams I'd be somewhat nervous about are Boston and Columbus (oddly enough). Devils and Columbus are two teams I don't think anyone would look forward to being drawn against in the first round.

I want the fan base to start appreciating just making the playoffs.

Btw, everyone picked us last this year - so if we make it, by some fvcking way - Pete for Adams, Jagr for Hart. Shouldn't even be a competition.

Btw, everyone picked us last this year - so if we make it, by some fvcking way - Pete for Adams, Jagr for Hart. Shouldn't even be a competition.

Let us remember, Jagr didn't play in preseason too and TG called him the "Phantom"

Let us remember, Jagr didn't play in preseason too and TG called him the "Phantom"

I think it was ESPN that basically made it sound like the only thing the Devils did was to bring in Jagr (and of course, they made that move sound like a joke bound to fail).  They didn't mention Schneider or any of the other moves Lou made to try to recover from Kovy "retiring".  But yeah, I think a lot of prognosticators were quite proud of themselves when the Devils started off 0-4-3 and were saying "Haha, see, told you the Devils were going to suck!"  I don't think any of them thought the Devils had a 17-9-7 run in them. 

But yeah, playoffs are never a birthright.  Devils did a hell of a job to get in this year if they pull it off, even if everyone from the GM down to the players had us all scratching our heads at times.  And even if it DOESN'T happen, no one can accuse them of not trying.  They may not always be very good, but they rarely sleepwalk their way through a game (though on their uglier night it can look that way). 

Pete for Adams is insane considering what St. Patrick's done with a team that drafted #1 a few months ago. Jagr for Hart is not that insane but you know Crosby and his 110 points is getting it.

And nobody had the Devils last, most everyone had them where they are now, just outside the bubble.

Pete for Adams is insane considering what St. Patrick's done with a team that drafted #1 a few months ago. Jagr for Hart is not that insane but you know Crosby and his 110 points is getting it.

It's pretty insane. The Hart should go to the best player in the league. Even if you want to use valuable, it has to go to someone more valuable than Jagr.

These threads are not silly when you are in a playoff spot, but where the Devils are...it's pretty silly.

It's pretty insane. The Hart should go to the best player in the league. Even if you want to use valuable, it has to go to someone more valuable than Jagr.

These threads are not silly when you are in a playoff spot, but where the Devils are...it's pretty silly.

If it wasn't for Jagr the Devils would literally be fighting the Isles and Buffalo for the worst record in the league.

If it wasn't for Jagr the Devils would literally be fighting the Isles and Buffalo for the worst record in the league.

If it wasn't for Bernier so would the Leafs. If it wasn't for Ovechkin, the Caps would probably be with Buffalo. If it wasn't for Karlsson, Ottawa would be bottom 3.

You can do it with a lot of teams. Anyway, I like awarding the best player in the league the MVP. 

If it wasn't for Bernier so would the Leafs. If it wasn't for Ovechkin, the Caps would probably be with Buffalo. If it wasn't for Karlsson, Ottawa would be bottom 3.

You can do it with a lot of teams. Anyway, I like awarding the best player in the league the MVP. 

Exactly true. Not only that, but I could argue that Jagr is less vital to the Devils' success than any of those other players are to their team's.

Exactly true. Not only that, but I could argue that Jagr is less vital to the Devils' success than any of those other players are to their team's.

This is not how hockey works. Just like adding a scorer doesn't magically raise team scoring. This is just childish simple mindedness. Goaltenders are the only ones that can single-handedly greatly affect the teams performance game in and game out.

This is not how hockey works. Just like adding a scorer doesn't magically raise team scoring. This is just childish simple mindedness. Goaltenders are the only ones that can single-handedly greatly affect the teams performance game in and game out.

Except for this team where good goaltending = losses and bad goaltending = wins :P

I really don't see how Jagr HASN'T greatly affected the team's performance though when he's leading the team in scoring by a mile and we've had a ton of close, low-scoring games.  Especially since he's managed to coax offensive contributions out of guys like Zajac, Ruutu and even Zubrus for a while.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Add so why did you quote me?

Except for this team where good goaltending = losses and bad goaltending = wins :P

I really don't see how Jagr HASN'T greatly affected the team's performance though when he's leading the team in scoring by a mile and we've had a ton of close, low-scoring games.  Especially since he's managed to coax offensive contributions out of guys like Zajac, Ruutu and even Zubrus for a while.

FYI jagr is not leading the team in scoring by a "mile" im pretty sure he is actually currently tied for most goals with henrique at 21