GDT New Jersey Devils @ Tampa Bay Lightning - 7pm MSG

'7'

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Boucher can stay in the AHL for the rest of the season, he clearly wasn't ready earlier. Hell they should have kept Merrill down too but they're rushing him the way they rushed Larsson at 18.

The other two should obviously be playing but I've given up the ghost on that.

"Ready" only matters when there is something to lose. Let him play, get used to the speed, and live with his fvck ups because they sure as sh!t aren't going to cost us a damn thing

They lose this game and I can't make a case for them going 10-3-1 no matter how "easy" or "favorable" their schedule is. 

They've got 20 minutes to make something happen. 

I'm sure they'll come out and play the last 20 minutes hard as that's the one thing they do to their credit. It's disappointing because this is the first time in a long time that Brodeur has kept them in a game, maybe even stealing a game up until the first goal. It had to feel good seeing that even from those of us who would enjoy nothing more then his departure.

They've given no one any indication they are capable of winning 10 games at the least from here on out. The game last night was it, IMO. You can point to certain games at certain times and look back when it's over and say "that's the one". That game had to hurt them as a team. 

Well sh!t. Tonight we might not even score.

Just tuned in, what's the deal tonight folks? Bad Marty? Bad offense? Bad everyone?

Marty's played very well.  Not the problem tonight.  Looks like their puck luck is starting to go the other way.

I can't start eulogizing this team with one period left to play, but it's looking like one of those nights.  

Brodeur turns back the clock but the rest of the team doesn't show up. Ugh.

There is no excuse to let Larsson and Gelinas play and develop from this game out. Not one

Boucher for that matter, too.

Hey, on the bright side, Larsson is helping Albany as they try to squeak into one of the last playoff spots. :P

Looking at the stats, there is some good news...

Brodeur turns back the clock but the rest of the team doesn't show up. Ugh.

Hey, on the bright side, Larsson is helping Albany as they try to squeak into one of the last playoff spots. :P

Yay Albany!  :doh1:

I'm sure they'll come out and play the last 20 minutes hard as that's the one thing they do to their credit. It's disappointing because this is the first time in a long time that Brodeur has kept them in a game, maybe even stealing a game up until the first goal. It had to feel good seeing that even from those of us who would enjoy nothing more then his departure.

They've given no one any indication they are capable of winning 10 games at the least from here on out. The game last night was it, IMO. You can point to certain games at certain times and look back when it's over and say "that's the one". That game had to hurt them as a team. 

It definitely will never feel bad when Marty plays well.  And though I still feel like Cory can and will be a terrific goaltender, let's face it, though it's not all his fault, he couldn't have come up any smaller post-Olympic break than he has so far. 

If the Devils lose this game, I still give them a slight chance to go on a run.  If they lose their next game to Boston, then they're toast. 

During this 7 game stretch I said I'd like them to go 4-3.  This is where we're at right now.  Which means we have to win 3 of the next 4 in order to be in a good place.  So if we lose tonight, and against Boston which is what am anticipating, we have to win 3 in a row against the Wild, Rags, and Leafs.  Difficult.  Hell yeah, but do able.

1. Flyers: Win

2. Panthers: Loss

3. Lightning: Loss (I'm already conceding this game)

4. Bruins: Loss (This is pretty much a guaranteed loss. Hopefully Boston lays an egg.)

5. Wild

6. Rangers

7. Leafs

If they do that going 6-4 against these 10 games is reasonable.

1. Coyotes

2. Islanders

3. Panthers

4. Sabres

5. Capitals

6. Hurricanes

7. Senators

8. Flames

9. Islanders

10. Bruins

During this 7 game stretch I said I'd like them to go 4-3.  This is where we're at right now.  Which means we have to win 3 of the next 4 in order to be in a good place.  So if we lose tonight, and against Boston which is what am anticipating, we have to win 3 in a row against the Wild, Rags, and Leafs.  Difficult.  Hell yeah, but do able.

1. Flyers: Win

2. Panthers: Loss

3. Lightning: Loss (I'm already conceding this game)

4. Bruins: Loss (This is pretty much a guaranteed loss. Hopefully Boston lays an egg.)

5. Wild

6. Rangers

7. Leafs

If they do that going 6-4 against these 10 games is reasonable.

1. Coyotes

2. Islanders

3. Panthers

4. Sabres

5. Capitals

6. Hurricanes

7. Senators

8. Flames

9. Islanders

10. Bruins

How many post do you have this season?

Don't know why I'm bothering to take my daughter to Big Apple Circus tomorrow...the clowns are already on the ice.