Devils will play another preseason game at Barclays Center.

Mike Brown

Anyways I will probably go back to Barclays for the preseason game again.  It's a nice arena but the views aren't that great, the concourses are tight (especially the upper concourse), and the upper level seating was pretty dark.  Still their food blows away the food at the Rock right out of the water.

Edited by msweet

heard that the sight lines were terrible.. but i would consider checking it out..when do the isles actually move in there?

They are supposed to be there for the 2015/2016 season.  I did hear rumblings of them trying to move sooner though but that rumor has gone quite these past few months..

heard that the sight lines were terrible.. but i would consider checking it out..when do the isles actually move in there?

Sight lines were not bad expect from my seats the near boards were a little tough to see.  The Rock is still the best place to see hockey in the Tri-State area.

Anyways I will probably go back to Barclays for the preseason game again.  It's a nice arena but the views aren't that great, the concourses are tight (especially the upper concourse), and the upper level seating was pretty dark.  Still their food blows away the food at the Rock right out of the water.

I've never seen that much congestion in the concourse areas during intermission for any sporting I've ever been to. I sat center ice in the upper level fifth row and could not see the player benches. I also went to the upper ends and took some photos where people can't see anything below the face-off circles.

barclays sight lines are horrible, as it was not built for hockey.  I'm assuming the nhl and the barclays center will try to fix some of the poor sight lines.  As for the present nassau coliseum, I hear that they will knock it down and build one that supports a minor league hockey team with btwn 10000-12000 seats, as well as develop the area with retail, restaurants, also heard of a minor league baseball team going near there  but i doubt that happens.  The builder is the same builder who built the barclays center, and supposidly the plan is to have the islanders play up to 6 games a year at the renovated "colisuem".  Once the novelty of barclays wears off, I think the fan base will start to decline, as a large percentage of islander fans live in nassau and suffolk and dont want to go to brooklyn (esp the ones way out east).   The nets will prob survive there as its more of a basketbore area, but hockey, i have my doubts.

whats going to happen to the dump that theyre currently in now? its like past the point of being renovated they should just knock it down

BLUESHIRT TAKEOVER, MSG EAST BRUH....

...in 2020 when they get kicked out of MSG by the City of New York.

I've never seen that much congestion in the concourse areas during intermission for any sporting I've ever been to. I sat center ice in the upper level fifth row and could not see the player benches. I also went to the upper ends and took some photos where people can't see anything below the face-off circles.

The lower level was not that bad, but it averaged the narrowest point at the Rock.  The upper level was another story.  It made those famously narrow concourses at MSG seem wide and luxurious.  They were just wide enough to allow 1 person in each direction at a time.