Marty says Devils were "pretty close" to signing Parise... and

Daniel

Seriously, this season is just mildly organized chaos.

I wonder if Marty is just saying all this stuff because he's honestly very pissed at Lou for not trading him.  I had heard from someone in Marty's family that he definitely wanted out, and that Lou didn't want to trade him.  So, if that's the case...I guess it makes sense that Marty would be getting pissy as this season goes on.

Seriously Lou, part ways with him this offseason.  It's time.

I'm eager to hear Lou's retort, although I'm sure he won't have one for public consumption. Man would it be great to be a fly on the wall when Lou read that...

In Old School Lou's prime, Brodeur would have had the fear of God in him to think before he spoke. Right now, i think you could go and kick Lou's dog and he'd apologize for having his dog by your feet.

The "summer before" was when they signed his RFA contract, im pretty sure that's what he refers too.

As for a "long time", god knows what he means by that... draft? after the cup? during the season? him mentioning Lou's policies could means they didnt talk during the season.

Again we still don't know and there's nothing new to what Zach said really... we know from reports Lou started to talk contract negociations 2-3 weeks before free agency from what Zach and his agent said at the time. And we knew already they talked in the summer before since they signed that other contract.

and here's the full quote that wasnt posted here and i really think he's 100% right

It's pretty clear that they discussed a long term deal and couldn't get it done the summer before. It's also clear that they didn't just talk the weeks before free agency. Parise himself said that what Brodeur said isn't accurate. Wouldn't Parise know more about his contract discussions than Brodeur would?

In Old School Lou's prime, Brodeur would have had the fear of God in him to think before he spoke. Right now, i think you could go and kick Lou's dog and he'd apologize for having his dog by your feet.

'There's no question my dog was by your feet. I felt it was the appropriate decision to put the dog there at the time- you can only make a decision with the information you have at that time. And when time is on your side, you use it. I apologize for putting the dog next to your feet.'

Lmfao, holy sh!t did Marty put Lou on blast. Big time.

Marty has actually criticized the organization before, in his book (not a lot, but he did).  But I think the days of Company Man Marty are gone...he seems like he's just pissed in general.  Not saying these things can't or won't be smoothed out in time, but right now it sure feels and sounds like he's burned out. 

It's pretty clear that they discussed a long term deal and couldn't get it done the summer before. It's also clear that they didn't just talk the weeks before free agency. Parise himself said that what Brodeur said isn't accurate. Wouldn't Parise know more about his contract discussions than Brodeur would?

why do you say it's clear? Zach and his agent reported that contract talks were still not ongoing few weeks before free agency (and for sure only after the draft).

Then Zach said Lou didnt wait til June 29th/30th, that they talked long time before that. "long time" being pretty up in the air. And he said he never lied (for wtv it's worth)

so based on that... even starting the talks after the draft was already too late.

Zach literally said they had spoken a long time before he was a free agent and the summer before.

"So I don't think it's fair to say that Lou waited until the last minute because that wasn’t the case."

They had the contract negotiations the previous summer.  During the season leading to free agency, I seem to remember Parise saying there hadn't been any negotiations and seemed somewhat frustrated about it.  Elias has similar comments about Lou waiting until summer the following season regarding his contract.  I really think Zach is just taking the high road here.     

I'm eager to hear Lou's retort, although I'm sure he won't have one for public consumption. Man would it be great to be a fly on the wall when Lou read that...

What's the difference anymore?  Lou is like the father that's so blinded by his love for his son that he keep enabling/defending him no matter how hard he rebels or how much trouble he gets in. 

At this point, both need to be purged from this organization before it can move forward.   

'There's no question my dog was by your feet. I felt it was the appropriate decision to put the dog there at the time- you can only make a decision with the information you have at that time. And when time is on your side, you use it. I apologize for putting the dog next to your feet.'

LOL

"my dog is status quo. Nothing has changed. He's a quality individual and we wish him the best". 

Good thing we didn't give huge money to Zach like Marty wanted. It's really the equivalent of losing a Stamkos  :dizzy:  Anything close to Stamkos he ain't. And let's not forget Zach missed the entire previous season with a knee injury. So, in conclusion, go screw, Marty

Edited by DH26

Seriously, this season is just mildly organized chaos.

I wonder if Marty is just saying all this stuff because he's honestly very pissed at Lou for not trading him.  I had heard from someone in Marty's family that he definitely wanted out, and that Lou didn't want to trade him.  So, if that's the case...I guess it makes sense that Marty would be getting pissy as this season goes on.

Seriously Lou, part ways with him this offseason.  It's time.

It won't be Lou's choice by this offseason.  Marty's definitely gone and boy the ****'s really going to hit the fan once he leaves.