Here we go again. New goal song for 14-15

'7'

They announced the milestone during an intermission or TV timeout the first home game after he reached it.  That was it.  However, like TRS said, it isn't a milestone that this team would normally honor with a pre-game ceremony.

Couple that with the fact that this is his first season with us compared to his 20 or so year career, and you could see why the Devils didn't personally honor it.  Recognition on NHL.com in the headlines and things of that nature is justified and should be enough. 

Anyway, I am glad the new goal song is going to be replaced.   I've always been a pretty big fan of the simple and classic Gary Glitter goal song, and being in Florida I don't get to attend any games at The Rock live and hear the chant in person, so I never heard or noticed the "you suck" being chanted during the pause until about 2011-2012 and I must say I thought it was pretty hilarious.  I was actually even proud of it that my team and its fans were the ones to shout it.  Maybe it was me getting caught up in the playoff race and our deep run to the Stanley Cup Finals, but I liked it and was sad to see it go.   Even sadder to see it replaced by whatever lame thing we have now.  It just doesn't feel rewarding and at the same time make your opponents feel like they were just gut-punched like a home team's goal horn/song should. 

Here's hoping they pick something inspiring and catchy this time around.

ohh that hell yea song would be perfect for our goal song!... it would never happen though the word "hell" i feel would not be considered family friendly since we are over the top about that since new owner ship... and oh damn i just realized this goal song thread is probably going to end up like the last one ... one giant argument

Its too bad management can't bribe us, as a fan base, to come up with something else to chant instead of "you suck" so we can get back our Rock and Roll Part II.  As much as I would love to have it back AND also chant "you suck", it would be better to have it back and not chant "you suck" over whatever song it gets changed to next.  The atmosphere at the arena hasn't been the same without it this year.

Management should give us a chance to vote on new chant for RR Part II...  and if it doesn't work...  oh well, they can't say they didn't give us the chance.   I know the Red Bulls offered money for fans to stop offensive chants...  not sure if it worked, though.

They announced the milestone during an intermission or TV timeout the first home game after he reached it. That was it. However, like TRS said, it isn't a milestone that this team would normally honor with a pre-game ceremony.

Lol well we've never had a player hit 700 goals! It's absolutely worthy of a little ceremony, and not some tv timeout.

Noticed that they stopped piping in the "Lets Go Devils" as much during the goal song.  You can hear "you suck" again tonight (and Tuesday).

I was at the game Tuesday, and there was almost no YS chant.  It was very faint.  If you sit on the bench side of the rink, you hear no YS at all.  The only time you hear the YS chant is when you sit on the penalty box side of the rink.  The YS chant is mostly from the Crazies area of the rink (132 and 232 sections of the arena.)

I was at the game Tuesday, and there was almost no YS chant. It was very faint. If you sit on the bench side of the rink, you hear no YS at all. The only time you hear the YS chant is when you sit on the penalty box side of the rink. The YS chant is mostly from the Crazies area of the rink (132 and 232 sections of the arena.)

Sorry Mike you couldn't be more wrong. I sit in the 100s behind the goals and I can see all the people downstairs pointing and doing the suck. A good majority of the crowd does it. It has nothing to do with the 15-20 "crazies"

Sorry Mike you couldn't be more wrong. I sit in the 100s behind the goals and I can see all the people downstairs pointing and doing the suck. A good majority of the crowd does it. It has nothing to do with the 15-20 "crazies"

I'm talking of the Crazies Section which is 233.  Look around the entire arena.  You only see and hear from that corner.  I sat in 111 against Detroit, and you couldn't hear the chant at all.

I'm talking of the Crazies Section which is 233. Look around the entire arena. You only see and hear from that corner. I sat in 111 against Detroit, and you couldn't hear the chant at all.

I know what section you are talking about and I just disagree, tonights a good example, tons of people in every section in the building do it and it always noticeable. Its been like this all year.

I know what section you are talking about and I just disagree, tonights a good example, tons of people in every section in the building do it and it always noticeable. Its been like this all year.

Tonight was a louder for sure.  The crowd was amped up tonight, which probably played a little bit of a factor.  Regardless, it's still not as resounding as when it was with RR2.  It's a lot tamer imo.

Again. Limp Bizkit's Rollin' or Rev. Theory's Hell Yeah.

If you want to be the laughingstock of the league, you go with anything Limp Bizkit 

you want a song about lighting it up, you go with this: 

They took some of the lets go devils chants out of the song tonight, and turned down the volume a touch. It was noticeably better.

Yeah cause you definitely heard the you sucks lol....they probably figured they'd better not fight it tonight with the crowd already in a nasty mood.

I swear you don't watch or listen to the same games the rest of us do. Are you Josh Harris?

With a straight face, try and tell me that the YS chant is as loud and resounding as it was when we still had RR2.  Honest question, have you sat in the same seat all year, or have you moved around?  Seriously, go sit in say section 110 one game, and sit in 132 for another game.  The difference is night and day.

I'm talking of the Crazies Section which is 233. Look around the entire arena. You only see and hear from that corner. I sat in 111 against Detroit, and you couldn't hear the chant at all.

I am gonna go out on a limb and say you're wrong. I sit nowhere near there and it is loud around me.

I am gonna go out on a limb and say you're wrong. I sit nowhere near there and it is loud around me.

Same here. Always hear it clear as day in 117. Not as loud as RRP2, but still audible and noticeable for sure.

Edited by PWW

With a straight face, try and tell me that the YS chant is as loud and resounding as it was when we still had RR2.  Honest question, have you sat in the same seat all year, or have you moved around?  Seriously, go sit in say section 110 one game, and sit in 132 for another game.  The difference is night and day.

I've sat in section 9, 7, 10, 114, 111, and 123 at different times this season. There were people doing the YS chant in every section I've sat in. But you haven't met any of them, so they don't count, right?

I've sat in section 9, 7, 10, 114, 111, and 123 at different times this season. There were people doing the YS chant in every section I've sat in. But you haven't met any of them, so they don't count, right?

Was it everybody in unison?  Because that's the way it was with RR2.  It's much harder to get everybody in sync with each other with SNA than it was RR2.