Here we go again. New goal song for 14-15

'7'

If you've got no idea the majority of fans have been pro YS, pro rr2, then you'll never understand what the goal song and chant added to the atmosphere. Although that wouldnt be surprising since you actually do sound like someone who signed up yesterday.

Do you always assume this much? It's no wonder you're so delusional. I'm not going to play repeat with you.

The goal song was great, but that's not the problem and it never was. It's what was done to it. That's the real shame of it being taken away.

Where are you pulling this invisible unit of measure from? Facebook and HF boards? That's the whole fanbase right there! But, pro-YS people will go to any lengths necessary to spread their propaganda. If it's not hiding their immaturity under the guise that the song/chant was "tradition" and a "majority" of fans are pro, they've got nothing other then more immaturity like cancelling tickets. staying home and pointing fingers at families and children. 

Edited by TheRedStorm

We cant sustain a Let's go Devils chant for more than 3 runs through but man we never miss a beat chanting you suck or the rangers suck script.

ANYWAY - Seven Nation Army was a cop-out for lack of better options with such little time to, you know, actually use fans. The song originated as a soccer corner-kick chant, then went to college football, then NFL, now hockey.

People are gonna flip cause of the "you suck," and that's okay. People are going to try and fit it into any chant they can, whatever, that happens. I don't like it, I didn't do it, unless its the Flyers/Rangers in the playoffs, so whatever, I can't ignore it but me not chanting isn't going to stop it. So, like an annoying cousin that you really dont want to talk to at that family party, you just sit there and nod/clap a few times, and wait until its done to enjoy watching the game.

But please, can we at least make it a good freaking song next yet?

You should concentrate only on yourself. Like your pal, you've got plenty there to keep you busy. 

You and Mazz will realize you've lost. One day.

Oh for crying out loud. So laughably pathetic. "YOU LOST! I WON! NANANANANANA"

I might be pro-YS but I'm even more pro getting this building loud. If you want to say with a straight face we've been a loud building this season then you are delusional. Catering to militant soccer moms like yourself to get up in arms over every little thing has REALLY helped out this arena's atmosphere hasn't it? If we a team that won night in and night out like the Blues or Penguins we could afford to experiment with something like this but we're a borderline playoff team. Now isn't the time to toy around with the trust of the paying customer. Canned chants aren't the way to go and neither are trying to censor chants that people ovbiously WANT to chant. (That canned LGD was put in SOLEY because fans kept chanting YS)

You arent going to find an option that will make fans like TRS and myself happy but I'm happy with something that isn't RRP2 as long as they don't bastardize it with a million different changes like they did with SNA. Hell SNA was perfect before they deicded to edit it a bunch of times.

Oh for crying out loud. So laughably pathetic. "YOU LOST! I WON! NANANANANANA"

I might be pro-YS but I'm even more pro getting this building loud. If you want to say with a straight face we've been a loud building this season then you are delusional. Catering to militant soccer moms like yourself to get up in arms over every little thing has REALLY helped out this arena's atmosphere hasn't it? If we a team that won night in and night out like the Blues or Penguins we could afford to experiment with something like this but we're a borderline playoff team. Now isn't the time to toy around with the trust of the paying customer. Canned chants aren't the way to go and neither are trying to censor chants that people ovbiously WANT to chant. (That canned LGD was put in SOLEY because fans kept chanting YS)

You arent going to find an option that will make fans like TRS and myself happy but I'm happy with something that isn't RRP2 as long as they don't bastardize it with a million different changes like they did with SNA. Hell SNA was perfect before they deicded to edit it a bunch of times.

This has nothing to do anymore with the team winning or losing or getting the building loud. That alibi is long past gone. It's just a bunch of kids/young adults and man-children not getting their way, just like it was from day 1. It's a continuing battle of wills with the new ownership. The "atmosphere" and "game day experience" (like one immature chant can make or break an "atmosphere") are just pre-conceived excuses to continue to carry on a chant where the only people who don't see how dumb it is are the people doing it. The Caveat? Trying to pass it off as "tradition". 

Pointing fingers at women and children again? I mean that's pretty stupid, like it was the last 6 times you've done it. The sad part is you continue to believe that "soccer moms" and children are behind this and that the owners never had any ideas or notions to do away with it themselves for their reasons. Look, this ownership is going to weed it all out with this organization even if it means tearing it down and building it back up. That's happening as we speak if you haven't already noticed. These people haven't become billionaires by allowing themselves to get clowned by 21 year old college kids. 30-something man-children, pseudo ticket brokers and a bunch of people who can't accept not getting their way and aren't used to being told no.

This has nothing to do anymore with the team winning or losing or getting the building loud. That alibi is long past gone. It's just a bunch of kids/young adults and man-children not getting their way, just like it was from day 1. It's a continuing battle of wills with the new ownership. The "atmosphere" and "game day experience" (like one immature chant can make or break an "atmosphere") are just pre-conceived excuses to continue to carry on a chant where the only people who don't see how dumb it is are the people doing it. The Caveat? Trying to pass it off as "tradition". 

Pointing fingers at women and children again? I mean that's pretty stupid, like it was the last 6 times you've done it. The sad part is you continue to believe that "soccer moms" and children are behind this and that the owners never had any ideas or notions to do away with it themselves for their reasons. Look, this ownership is going to weed it all out with this organization even if it means tearing it down and building it back up. That's happening as we speak if you haven't already noticed. These people haven't become billionaires by allowing themselves to get clowned by 21 year old college kids. 30-something man-children, pseudo ticket brokers and a bunch of people who can't accept not getting their way and aren't used to being told no.

Lol pseudo ticket broker. That's another thing that pisses me off but for another thread.

I want you to convince me that the building has been loud. I've been there, I'm a season ticket holder. I've seen what it's like. There isn't any organic emotion anymore (and yes, RS part of that has to do with the team being "meh" right now) but when the only person making any sort of noise are the same chants of GIVE ME A D! GIVE ME AN E! and the constant horn blowing during awkward points of the game it makes for an unpleasant experience. Perhaps you are content. I'm not. The way the Devils have treated the Diablos - what started out as a fan movement on THIS VERY BOARD and bastardized them to the point of being corperate lackies is pathetic.

It's not a loud arena anymore. At times we are as quiet as church-mice and I honestly believe fans like you are OK over that because any sort of raw fan emotion "offends" you.

Lol pseudo ticket broker. That's another thing that pisses me off but for another thread.

I want you to convince me that the building has been loud. I've been there, I'm a season ticket holder. I've seen what it's like. There isn't any organic emotion anymore (and yes, RS part of that has to do with the team being "meh" right now) but when the only person making any sort of noise are the same chants of GIVE ME A D! GIVE ME AN E! and the constant horn blowing during awkward points of the game it makes for an unpleasant experience. Perhaps you are content. I'm not. The way the Devils have treated the Diablos - what started out as a fan movement on THIS VERY BOARD and bastardized them to the point of being corperate lackies is pathetic.

It's not a loud arena anymore. At times we are as quiet as church-mice and I honestly believe fans like you are OK over that because any sort of raw fan emotion "offends" you.

But here's the thing. I don't care if it's loud or quiet, though. I am a STH and i pay good money to see my team win first and foremost. I don't pay to care about atmosphere, not because i am quiet or offended by anything, i just don't feel it's a deciding factor in my enjoyment of my team. The chant never bothered me because i am more interested in supporting my team when they score then to even think of recognizing the opponent in the moment. I do believe, however, that it is immature to the core, it's not creative and it's not tradition. There's got to be a better way among fans then that. 

The atmosphere at the arena will take on a life of it's own as the team goes. Look at the Spring of 2012. It's terrible right now because the team isn't any good. They're a boring, mediocre squad. I mean, they can make you hate hockey and want to punch someone. Plus, the fanbase has gotten kicked in the jewels the last two summers with players they love who were unquestionably fan favorites. Simply put, people are down and they are mad. There's no VBK giving away tickets, either. This is going to take some time to bring back and i assure you when it does, the atmosphere will go along. 

Edited by TheRedStorm

I get where they are coming from, I brought my 6 year old early this season and am glad that a lot of chants went right over her head. It's not entirely family friendly to yell "you suck" all the time.

Of course, before I had my daughter, I thought it was funny too. I guess being a parent changes one's perspective a bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MF_NjdFbIBE

Found this beauty. I didn't make this, but this is freaking awesome. This is Howl by Gaslight Anthem 

bland, forgettable, generic

I want Kenny Loggins Highway to the Danger zone. Hearing the first chords of that after the Devils score would be awesome

Edited by '7'

Found this beauty. I didn't make this, but this is freaking awesome. This is Howl by Gaslight Anthem 

I like that myself, but there a pause in between each vocal that is a perfect place to plant a "YS".  Which means it doesn't stand a chance of ever getting used.  This is clearly a battle the Devils are determined not to lose. 

I like that myself, but there a pause in between each vocal that is a perfect place to plant a "YS". Which means it doesn't stand a chance of ever getting used. This is clearly a battle the Devils are determined not to lose.

I wish the team was as determined with their play on the ice.

If they aren't going back to RRP2, they should just leave the current song...its fine.

Due to licensing, they obviously have to obtain the rights to certain songs, and that costs money.  I hope they execute this better than they did this year, meaning they have to give us a list of songs they can use before having the vote.  This year's "write in" ballot method didn't work due to the number of people picking either RR2 or songs they couldn't use to due licensing reasons.  To me this is the reason why many of the social media suggestions couldn't be used.  In short, the organization needs to make a long list of songs that they can use, and then have a proper fan vote.  In 07, they gave us a list of 5 songs I believe.  That's not a big enough list.  I'm talking about a list of at least 50 songs of all different genres, and artists.  Another thing they could do is send out a survey of musical tastes among the fanbase.  Send it out to all STH's and plan holders.

I know this song gets a lot of good response when it gets played in the arena.

Here's how I'd do it.

:::goal horn::::::::goal horn::::::::goal horn::::: right into "You gotta fight...for your right...to PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARTY!"

Due to licensing, they obviously have to obtain the rights to certain songs, and that costs money.  I hope they execute this better than they did this year, meaning they have to give us a list of songs they can use before having the vote.  This year's "write in" ballot method didn't work due to the number of people picking either RR2 or songs they couldn't use to due licensing reasons.  To me this is the reason why many of the social media suggestions couldn't be used.  In short, the organization needs to make a long list of songs that they can use, and then have a proper fan vote.  In 07, they gave us a list of 5 songs I believe.  That's not a big enough list.  I'm talking about a list of at least 50 songs of all different genres, and artists.  Another thing they could do is send out a survey of musical tastes among the fanbase.  Send it out to all STH's and plan holders.

I know this song gets a lot of good response when it gets played in the arena.

Here's how I'd do it.

:::goal horn::::::::goal horn::::::::goal horn::::: right into "You gotta fight...for your right...to PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARTY!"

No way!   It's bad enough listening to that guy in the Diablos with the vuvuzela try to play the entire song once per game.  God forbid we score more than once and have to listen to that crappy droning horn badly play that song over and over again. That probably would be the last straw for me. 

Hell's Bells or Highway to Hell would get my vote.

I've been suggesting Hells Bells for a while now, but I have a feeling they aren't allowed to use it.  That's why they stopped playing it altogether during the pregame pump up video.  I'm sure Highway to Hell would be the same thing.

Move the team to South Jersey. Boys round here - Blake Shelton

NO. COUNTRY. MUSIC. :lol:

South Jersey (or as I like to call it, North Alabama) is Flyers territory anyway. Forget em and their lifted truuuucks

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Edited by Devilsfan118

NO. COUNTRY. MUSIC. :lol: South Jersey (or as I like to call it, North Alabama) is Flyers territory anyway. Forget em and their lifted truuuucks Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

There's a good mix of of Devils countrified folk (around here at least [Monmouth and Ocean]). 

Nothing better than a crew cab with a Devils sticker on the back