Here we go again. New goal song for 14-15

'7'

I'm still unclear as to what your ideal game atmosphere is.  You're saying you can have a loud crowd or a knowledgeable crowd, but you can't have both?

No. I am not saying that. I am saying that you can have a loud crowd in one place (Carolina) and a loud crowd in others (Minnesota/Montreal) and you're able to tolerate one over the other because it's a different type of atmosphere. I'd rather be in a loud atmosphere that isn't loud for the sheer sake of being loud. Be selective based on knowledge and respect for the game and players. I mean i can't say it anymore clean then that.

No. I am not saying that. I am saying that you can have a loud crowd in one place (Carolina) and a loud crowd in others (Minnesota/Montreal) and you're able to tolerate one over the other because it's a different type of atmosphere. I'd rather be in a loud atmosphere that isn't loud for the sheer sake of being loud. Be selective based on knowledge and respect for the game and players. I mean i can't say it anymore clean then that.

Well you certainly could have said it more clearly before because you said there is an inverse relationship between crowd noise and crowd knowledge.  I don't mind a crowd being loud all the time.  To me that has nothing to do with obnoxious drunks or people yelling "SHOOT!"

Well you certainly could have said it more clearly before because you said there is an inverse relationship between crowd noise and crowd knowledge.  I don't mind a crowd being loud all the time.  To me that has nothing to do with obnoxious drunks or people yelling "SHOOT!"

It's also 12:23 AM lol. That and a few drinks i needed wearing off after watching more garbage earlier in the night.

The part you are not quite understanding is that not everyone has the same definition of whats good :atmosphere" at the arena. I doubt even the dead-set anti-"You suck" crowd would want a library of an arena, but not everyone enjoys the obnoxious atmosphere of a college basketball game either. There are games I attend simply because the game will be quieter and not filled with the obnoxious college crowd and the silly man-children to basically ruin my enjoyment and be in constant fear of having someone killing my eardrums or drunkenly spilling crap all over me. That's not fun to me and it's not fun to many others and you have to respect that as well.

Years ago (I am saying like 10+ years) I think there was a happy medium for the most part on a lot of game nights, but now it seems there are just two types of crowds: the quiet library one and the college basketball obnoxious crap crowd.

this is fair.

• 3 months later...

sorry for bumping this, but weird al has a new song out that would be perfect. 1:09 - 1:39 is perfect for our fanbase.

Try and add a you suck to it. I dare you.

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/ba6f6b020a/weird-al-yankovic-sports-song

Sad thing is that I'm only half joking

I'm

I

Weird al, not family friendly enough with this song accordin to the devils

Mildly curious to see how a new song gets chosen this year. 

I'd like to see the vuvuzelas get the heave-ho more than anything else...the Diablos' main vuvu guy insists on blowing on it constantly and in annoying proportions, and he's like a five-year-old with thundersticks...he seems to be incapable of figuring out when enough is enough.  As much as I think the Diablos are kind of lame (like I've said, they're some stuffed-suit's interpretation of an "enthusiatic fan group"...nothing terribly genuine about them), without the vuvuzelas they're much easier to take.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

I'd like to see the vuvuzelas get the heave-ho more than anything else...the Diablos' main vuvu guy insists on blowing on it constantly and in annoying proportions, and he's like a five-year-old with thundersticks...he seems to be incapable of figuring out when enough is enough.  As much as I think the Diablos are kind of lame (like I've said, they're some stuffed-suit's interpretation of a "enthusiatic fan group...nothing terribly genuine about them), without the vuvuzelas they're much easier to take.

My guess is rigged vote like last year. 

And super agree on the vuvu guy. My seats were in the next section and that got brutal after a while. It definitely factored into my decision to move if I renewed. 

I'd like to see the vuvuzelas get the heave-ho more than anything else...the Diablos' main vuvu guy insists on blowing on it constantly and in annoying proportions, and he's like a five-year-old with thundersticks...he seems to be incapable of figuring out when enough is enough. As much as I think the Diablos are kind of lame (like I've said, they're some stuffed-suit's interpretation of an "enthusiatic fan group"...nothing terribly genuine about them), without the vuvuzelas they're much easier to take.

Pretty sure one of the few things everyone here agrees on is that the vuvuzela guy is really annoying. The only people that seem not to mind it so much are the ones who sit on the opposite end of the arena and can't hear it that well lol. I'm fine with it being used sparingly, but when the guy's blasting away on it for 2 mins straight on the pk it's unbearable.

We should get that number the devils put up on the scoreboard for feedback on the game experience on here and all text it during a game next season complaining that the vuvuzela is really, really annoying. That and about how blasting music during the intermission is unnecessary and completely ruins any chance at having a normal conversation with whoever you're at the game with. Those two things are my top two complaints about the game day experience.

The Diablos in general are pretty weak...if I'm a Rangers fan or a Flyers fan coming into the building, I see the Diablos and think "Oh please." 

The vuvus are just as bad on TV as they are live too (and I agree about the PK).  I could tolerate "sparingly", but the tool who blows on it has no idea what sparingly entails.

Kinda hoping the vuvu thing is a fad that will soon run its course. 

Pretty sure one of the few things everyone here agrees on is that the vuvuzela guy is really annoying. The only people that seem not to mind it so much are the ones who sit on the opposite end of the arena and can't hear it that well lol. I'm fine with it being used sparingly, but when the guy's blasting away on it for 2 mins straight on the pk it's unbearable.

We should get that number the devils put up on the scoreboard for feedback on the game experience on here and all text it during a game next season complaining that the vuvuzela is really, really annoying. That and about how blasting music during the intermission is unnecessary and completely ruins any chance at having a normal conversation with whoever you're at the game with. Those two things are my top two complaints about the game day experience.

Actually, before I moved out of the area last year, I HATED that friggen thing and I used to sit behind the shoots twice net.

The copy cats are even worse when they show up, scattered throughout the arena.

Agreed with all of that. The music is ridiculous.

I tried to not mind the vuvuzela, I understand its use on the "Kill!" chant, which I like. But he ruins a lot of "Let's go Devils!" chants by being offbeat, coming in too late, etc...

hey the kill chant seems to work- best pk in the league last year, so keep that going no matter how annoying the damn horn is.

I'm not superstitious...

...But I I am a little stitious.

I just wish they got rid of the Diablos outright.

I heard from someone that they are not offering Daiblos section anymore. Is this true?

http://devils.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=92511

According to this it says ask your sales rep about joining the diablos.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were making changes though, it seems that's a common theme after new ownership (not saying it's bad necessarily).

http://devils.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=92511

According to this it says ask your sales rep about joining the diablos.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were making changes though, it seems that's a common theme after new ownership (not saying it's bad necessarily).

I mean the information I got might not be true or out of date, but what I heard (back from about early June) from a couple of people who know the Diablos well said that many if not all of the Daiblo members never got renewal notices about the group and that it looks like ownership is giving up on the idea of them.

Wouldn't blame the ownership for trying to kill it.  Group had a nice beginning but got lame and annoying real fast.

I mean the information I got might not be true or out of date, but what I heard (back from about early June) from a couple of people who know the Diablos well said that many if not all of the Daiblo members never got renewal notices about the group and that it looks like ownership is giving up on the idea of them.

Wouldn't blame the ownership for trying to kill it.  Group had a nice beginning but got lame and annoying real fast.

From that link:

The Diablos were formed at the beginning of the 2011-2012 hockey season when New Jersey Devils management felt that an energized fan supporter section was just what the team, "The Rock", and the fan-base needed. An open invitation was sent out, and those wishing to become members of this unique group were asked to attend a meeting hosted by the Devils, where the name, and the Captains were chosen. The Diablos were now well on their way to becoming a group where a die-hard Devils fan could feel at home to express enthusiasm and excitement, while bringing heat and energy to the arena with fellow fans that shared a common passion.

The Diablos rely on a simple code of conduct. Members of this unique group must STAND and CHEER while the puck is in play. They must proudly wear Devils attire to all games. There is NO leaving the game early. This section is for New Jersey Devils fans only. Tickets cannot be passed onto opposing fans. Lastly members must attend group meetings, so that everyone's voice can be heard.

Since their inception, the Diablos have been a growing, yet commanding, presence in the arena where their main focus is to create an atmosphere at Devils games that is loud, exciting and inviting to the entire arena and fellow Devils fans, young and old. It is important to remember that no matter how the game is going, we must support our team, win or lose. The Diablos purpose is to bring a level of energy that is loud and exciting to the arena, and make "The Rock" the LOUDEST in the NHL! The Diablos are here to be heard. They are here to support Jersey's team, and fuel the fire in our boys' hearts!!

This coming season is set to be a big one for the New Jersey Devils. The Diablos intend to let this team know they have the full support of everyone in those seats. The Diablos will be at every home game, louder and prouder than ever before. Last year, some of the Diablos took their undying energy on the road attending games in many other venues. This season they hope to be an even bigger support to our Devils on the road.

This group can only grow and have an impactful effect if we make it happen together. We all have a common bond, the love of the greatest team in the NHL, the New Jersey Devils. So if you are the type of fan that likes to stand up and cheer for your team, win or lose, maybe you have what it takes to be a Diablos. Contact your fan representative today for information on how YOU can become a member of The DIABLOS.

----------------------------------

The first bolded sentence explains why this thing was destined to fail.  You can't have some corporate lil' zilches, who approached this like it was some kind of checklist as to what makes an "enthusiastic hardcore fan", trying to force something to happen.  An entity like what the Diablos are supposed to be has to come together on its own.  Just the fact that there are actual hall-monitor rules in place (and that reeks of the mentality of the complete dorks who actually came up with the idea of the Diablos...they have NO clue about any of this stuff) completely hammers home how much the point of something like what this is supposed to be was missed...there's supposed to be some degree of actual genuine spontaneity with these groups.  Not lame choreographing of dictated behavior.         

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976