Here we go again. New goal song for 14-15

'7'

I am going to avoid all the sites where idiot Devils fans post, so I'll ask, does it look like the Devils will be booed after their 1st goal at home Saturday with this new song?

As for the song itself, it's fine. If you take away the history of RR2 to Devils fans, and think just about the song, it's a pretty sh!tty song. There's a lot of songs where you can pump your fist and say "hey" that are a lot better. This song is probably it.

As Tri said, it's not about being PC, it's  just not having the act of a positive like the Devils goal being the designated time to chant that the other team sucks. You are also devaluing a Devils goal.

I'll just add one other thing, I don't think I was sheltered growing up, but what 10-year old understands what "Flyers swallow" means (someone earlier said that there wasn't a 10-year old that didn't? It's true that's 10x worse than the "you suck" chant, it just can't be controlled.

This a complete overreaction and exaggeration.

They got rid of the song because it was embarassing to have thousands of man-children chant in unison "you suck."  This fanbase seems to have a record number of individuals who act like complete man-children at the game and to prove it when Nashville pulled the song this year for the same reasons, the fanbase just moved on and didn't flip and accuse their ownership of everything from "policing" them to "taking away their civil rights."  This overreaction is such a NJ Devils fan thing it's beyond embarassing and I wish they would just have no goal song at all just to make everyone miserable and to end the endless arguing over this on FB and on every message board.

BTW again the whole "this is tradition" thing is BS.  Yes, the song goes back to the Rockies days, but the "you suck" part started around 2007.  That's not exactly a long-standing team tradition so let's just cut that part out of the equation.  Also I bet if the owners went up to 1000 Devils fans who wanted the goal song back and said they can have the song back, with the promise they would never chant "you suck" ever again to it, I can imagine at least 80% will tell the owners to go to hell.  So this is about the "you suck" part and not about the goal song nor tradition.

oh drop it and give it a rest. The only people whining here are the people who have gotten their way with no more YS or any fun goal song the crowd actually likes. Yet, these same people are still complaining. You've made your flawed point over and over again and yet continue to ramble on with the same silly buzzwords (the 'man-children' are on your side with all the complaining and would someone please think of the children!' act) that only make sense in your head.

I am going to avoid all the sites where idiot Devils fans post, so I'll ask, does it look like the Devils will be booed after their 1st goal at home Saturday with this new song?

As for the song itself, it's fine. If you take away the history of RR2 to Devils fans, and think just about the song, it's a pretty sh!tty song. There's a lot of songs where you can pump your fist and say "hey" that are a lot better. This song is probably it.

As Tri said, it's not about being PC, it's just not having the act of a positive like the Devils goal being the designated time to chant that the other team sucks. You are also devaluing a Devils goal.

I'll just add one other thing, I don't think I was sheltered growing up, but what 10-year old understands what "Flyers swallow" means (someone earlier said that there wasn't a 10-year old that didn't? It's true that's 10x worse than the "you suck" chant, it just can't be controlled.

I'm going to say no it won't get booed. The majority of fans in the building will have already heard the song and know it's being changed. Last time like someone said earlier there were only rumors of the song being changed so the majority of the arena was surprised and then very pissed off about that awful Bon Jovi song.

oh drop it and give it a rest. The only people whining here are the people who have gotten their way with no more YS or any fun goal song the crowd actually likes. Yet, these same people are still complaining. You've made your flawed point over and over again and yet continue to ramble on with the same silly buzzwords (the 'man-children' are on your side with all the complaining and would someone please think of the children!' act) that only make sense in your head.

You suck is not gone.  I haven't heard this new song, but I guarantee I will hear 'You suck!' somewhere.  

You suck is not gone.  I haven't heard this new song, but I guarantee I will hear 'You suck!' somewhere.  

I think thats because the powers that be never solicited any fan opinion on a new song. Instead, its going to be some disastrous thing that no one is happy with.

I honestly can't think of one place where they could fit the chant.

I think thats because the powers that be never solicited any fan opinion on a new song. Instead, its going to be some disastrous thing that no one is happy with.

Except this is a fan made song.

You will. Just from reading the comments on different places I've seen the song, it seems most people will hate anything that isn't RR pt 2 and will find a way to cram a "you suck" into it no matter how badly it fits. I'm all for people enjoying themselves, but this relentless quest to chant no-no words just seems so petty. 

They did solicit fan opinion last year, but most people just voted for RR pt 2 again. Maybe they are hoping fans can just cheer for the goal instead of the excuse to chant. 

You will. Just from reading the comments on different places I've seen the song, it seems most people will hate anything that isn't RR pt 2 and will find a way to cram a "you suck" into it no matter how badly it fits. I'm all for people enjoying themselves, but this relentless quest to chant no-no words just seems so petty. 

It's extremely petty.

They did solicit fan opinion last year, but most people just voted for RR pt 2 again. Maybe they are hoping fans can just cheer for the goal instead of the excuse to chant. 

The song was actually made by Devils fans.  I think it's actually pretty cool.  Fans had legit input into the song undeniably this time.

The song was actually made by Devils fans.  I think it's actually pretty cool.  Fans had legit input into the song undeniably this time.

Even if it was made by Devils fans, I'm sure Devils' Marketing has put their stamp all over it...so my expectations are very low. At this stage, I'd rather us go old-school and have no goal song. Just the horn and the fans.

BTW regarding with what Wysh is saying in his blog, I agree that the concept is a rip off of the Rags.  They can take pride in the fact they were the first to go with a truly custom goal song.  However, the two songs sound very different.

Even if it was made by Devils fans, I'm sure Devils' Marketing has put their stamp all over it...so my expectations are very low. At this stage, I'd rather us go old-school and have no goal song. Just the horn and the fans.

I'm cool with that.  I also would be fine if they played a multiple songs.  Play a different song after the 1st goal, 2nd goal, etc.

The LGR chant in Slapshot is not actually piped into the song.  It's literally the fans in the arena chanting it themselves.  Anybody listen to the Kings goal song?  That actually sounds like the Rags goal song imo.

It's embedded in the song but the fans chant it as well.  I anticipate our new song will go similar to what the Rags fan do except, after the ohhh's in the Devils song, I fully expect to hear the fans chant you suck before rolling into the let's go devils. 

I'm amazed at how attached to it some people are and, you are absolutely correct, there is no way that this song (or just about any song) will stop it from happening. 

This is how I see it, but the "you suck" crowd has turned this into some massive civil rights protest of epic proportions.

Triumph actually hit the nail right on the head with this one.  It's not about "you suck" being a bad word (I do not think it is nor did I ever), but why mock the team that we just scored on instead of cheering for our own team?  What is with our fanbase's obsession about the other team and how much they suck?  This goes especially for the "Rangers suck, flyers swallow" chant when 90% of the time I hear it is games when we aren't playing either team! 

The song is just a petty excuse for thousands of man-children (buzz word or not it is the perfect word to describe most of the pro- you suck crowd) to act like, well, man-children.

1 fan made the song and they got a few people from the group formally known as the Diablos (RIP) to "perform" the let's go devils part. Let's not get carried away with the fan input thing.  

BTW...it just hit me how nice it will be to attend a game this year without having to hear that incessant horn blowing every 10 seconds from Section 122.  I have no problem with the Diablos, but that horn guy should have been shot.

It's embedded in the song but the fans chant it as well.  I anticipate our new song will go similar to what the Rags fan do except, after the ohhh's in the Devils song, I fully expect to hear the fans chant you suck before rolling into the let's go devils. 

I'm amazed at how attached to it some people are and, you are absolutely correct, there is no way that this song (or just about any song) will stop it from happening. 

I don't hear it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d10m31rEDRA