Here we go again. New goal song for 14-15

'7'

1 fan made the song and they got a few people from the group formally known as the Diablos (RIP) to "perform" the let's go devils part. Let's not get carried away with the fan input thing.  

BTW...it just hit me how nice it will be to attend a game this year without having to hear that incessant horn blowing every 10 seconds from Section 122.  I have no problem with the Diablos, but that horn guy should have been shot.

A. What happened to the Diablos?

B. Are the Diablos not fans or something?

This is how I see it, but the "you suck" crowd has turned this into some massive civil rights protest of epic proportions.

Triumph actually hit the nail right on the head with this one.  It's not about "you suck" being a bad word (I do not think it is nor did I ever), but why mock the team that we just scored on instead of cheering for our own team?  What is with our fanbase's obsession about the other team and how much they suck?  This goes especially for the "Rangers suck, flyers swallow" chant when 90% of the time I hear it is games when we aren't playing either team! 

The song is just a petty excuse for thousands of man-children (buzz word or not it is the perfect word to describe most of the pro- you suck crowd) to act like, well, man-children.

I agree with you here.  Our fanbse is immature.  I have zero problem with immaturity as long as we don't make ourselves look like idiots.  Contrary to popular belief, you can be immature and obnoxious without acting like idiots.  In fact, I encourage our fanbase to tell the opposition that they suck.  Just don't do it after our team scores a goal.  The other 29 fanbses mock us for chanting it.  That's not the way it's supposed to be.

It's all about history- r&r pt 2 was there for some very important goals in franchise history, once we score big goals with this song it will mean something and this whole thing will be dropped.

That being said there are some interesting dynamics going on with fan entitlement/identity that would make a good psychology project. If only I had 40k to drop on another college degree...

I wont post it but theres already a video on YouTube with You Suck added in the new goal song. These people are a joke, its infuriating.

post it up lets see it.. you know you are going to hear it in the arena anyway..that chant will never die out enless all of those people decide to take up the yes chant instead that some of the fans are trying to promote doing

If the idiots at the arena boo the goal song AGAIN the fans lose the limited moral high ground they have left, the team is actually being up front about the goal song change this time around and even involving the fans in the new one.  Plus at a certain point people need to just give it up already.  Everyone and their grandmother booed, protested, wrote letters and appealed on social media last year - it isn't coming back people!  How many years are you guys going to boo goal songs?

If the idiots at the arena boo the goal song AGAIN the fans lose the limited moral high ground they have left, the team is actually being up front about the goal song change this time around and even involving the fans in the new one.  Plus at a certain point people need to just give it up already.  Everyone and their grandmother booed, protested, wrote letters and appealed on social media last year - it isn't coming back people!  How many years are you guys going to boo goal songs?

From what I see just scanning FB, many years.  I've already seen (again) calls to start an online petition against the new song and/or bring back the old song.  These guys are really thinking like someone is violating their civil liberties in the worst possible way.

Right now I am giving it an 90% chance the new song will be booed.  There are too many of these idiots and they can't help it.

post it up lets see it.. you know you are going to hear it in the arena anyway..that chant will never die out enless all of those people decide to take up the yes chant instead that some of the fans are trying to promote doing

Personally I think the Yes chant would be pretty cool.  I'm a wrestling fan (make fun of me if you wish), and right now that chant is the most popular chant in wrestling bar none.  When Daniel Bryan ever gets back, the pop he'll get from will be crazy.  Speaking of wrestling, Ottawa is actually using Adam Rose's theme music as their goal song.

Personally I think the Yes chant would be pretty cool. I'm a wrestling fan (make fun of me if you wish), and right now that chant is the most popular chant in wrestling bar none. When Daniel Bryan ever gets back, the pop he'll get from will be crazy. Speaking of wrestling, Ottawa is actually using Adam Rose's theme music as their goal song.

I'm a big WWE fan and Daniel Bryan fan as well but the Islanders already do the yes chant after they score a goal

I don't know if it's funny or sad that this video was made so quickly and looks just as good as the Devils one they actually made lol

I'm a big WWE fan and Daniel Bryan fan as well but the Islanders already do the yes chant after they score a goal

I don't know if it's funny or sad that this video was made so quickly and looks just as good as the Devils one they actually made lol

Well most of the "you suck" people don't seem to be the employed type so they had time.

Did they just start the Yes chant this season? Or did they do it last season as well when it momentarily became a thing (outside of WWE) because of Michigan State?