Here we go again. New goal song for 14-15

'7'

theyre leaving it overly loud intentionally to drown out the chants.. you could barely hear any YS chant or anything other than the goal song for that matter over the tv.. i think thats mostly the reason it sounds like trash they are just putting it too loud for the stereo to handle and its not clear

They need to just turn it down and deal with the chant.  It's fvcking ridiculous.

They need to just turn it down and deal with the chant.  It's fvcking ridiculous.

Well said.  As much as they might think that they can force this chant to go away, it's just not going to happen.  Take from that whatever you will, but that is the reality. 

At this point, I don't care how this gets resolved, but the volume issue needs to be fixed NOW!  It's taking away from the experience for the whole crowd (not just the pro you suck people) just so management can feel better about themselves.  If they really were smart about getting rid of the chant, they would take away the goal song all together.  Devils fans can't coordinate any chant, and the you suck after a goal is scored would be no different.

The song is not professionally produced so it sounds like crap and when its loud as hell its sounds even worse.

The mastering's actually not bad. It's the volume level. They're "clipping" out the wazoo, at a level where they could burn out the system by home game 20. Even the microphone levels aren't tuned right. It isn't just the goal song, so I'm not blaming it on the owners trying to drown out the YS. Half the music they play, and all the times a microphone is used, the sound has been played at a dangerous level. I've emailed my STH rep about it and I know others who have to. Someone seriously did not do a good job tuning the system ever since the first preseason games.

Edited by DJ Eco

Last night they were doing You Suck before the Hey in the song, and were even doing the You Suck during the Lets Go Devils part. I think at this point they would yell it during ANY song

Meh people will eventually give up.

We're a strong willed fanbase, have to say that at least.

It's starting to sound like we're telling the Devils themselves they suck after they've scored a goal. Back in the days when Rangers fans really took over our arena whenever there was a Let's go Devils chant the Rangers fans would tack on suck at the end of it (if they didn't try to substitute Rangers for Devils) and this is starting to make it sound like we're doing the exact same thing to ourselves. Not to come off like a hipster, but I was in favor of the You Suck chant before it came to be popular because it was one that was used at Lynah Rink for Cornell (Hey! You Suck! Hey! You Suck! We're gonna beat the hell outta you!! F- 'em up! F- 'em up! Go CU!) games and I thought it got the crowd going, but at this point I see that what was appropriate at a college level isn't really working at the pro level and needs to be dropped. I still think the "Sieve! Sieve! It's all your fault!" chant would work after we score, though.

So as someone who is indifferent about the you suck part, I really don't like this new goal song. I really tried to give it a shot but 3 strikes and its done for me. It's not a great song to clap to, trying to "woo" along with it stinks. The let's go Devils chant during it is beyond silly and sounds horrible and to top it off the Brady bunch type opening with all the Devils fans in the squares is just silly.

I've been looking around at other sections and it seems like a lot of people try to clap along and just end up giving up and just clap normally or just sit down.

I'm not even trying to bring the you suck aspect into this today because whether or not people yell that or not this song still doesn't work.

• 10 months later...

So this happened this morning it seems lol

https://twitter.com/alexaaveta7/status/645247686900383744

It's gaslight anthem, a nj band, so I'm cool with it if it's true. I'd be happy to be rid of the awful recorded let's go Devils chant in the goal song.

If they are actually changing it to this song they need to just pick it and let it keep going so people just catch on after time. TG said to ignore this and that it isn't the new goal song though. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

I took TG's tweet to mean "I don't pay attention to the goal song" but now I'm seeing it could well be "you shouldn't pay attention to the goal song."

That said, I REALLY hope it's this, I've been pushing for Howl since that first "vote" a couple of years ago. Reaction around me at the practice and on Twitter seemed largely positive (and not that it means much, but the team Twitter account favorited my tweet asking to keep it so who knows).