Here we go again. New goal song for 14-15

'7'

I don't know why if the organization hates the fans saying "You Suck" during the goal song that they keep picking songs that lend itself to it.  I always liked the Philly Union goal song (doop) but it was already co-oped by the Flyers that one year.

Lol, just missed the other post.  You don't think they'll stick a "You Suck" after the 5th "Ay"?

Edited by themightyall

I don't know why if the organization hates the fans saying "You Suck" during the goal song that they keep picking songs that lend itself to it.  I always liked the Philly Union goal song (doop) but it was already co-oped by the Flyers that one year.

Lol, just missed the other post.  You don't think they'll stick a "You Suck" after the 5th "Ay"?

Every song with a melody has a spot for a You Suck.  That doesn't sound like a particularly good spot for one - that's as good as they're going to find.

Every song with a melody has a spot for a You Suck. That doesn't sound like a particularly good spot for one - that's as good as they're going to find.

I'm here tonight. The new song sucks. However, There is no place for the you suck chant. But it hasn't stopped anything as the horn guy does the Rock and roll part II melody on his vuvuzela, and it's louder than when the fans did it during the goal song.

I'm here tonight. The new song sucks. However, There is no place for the you suck chant. But it hasn't stopped anything as the horn guy does the Rock and roll part II melody on his vuvuzela, and it's louder than when the fans did it during the goal song.

I like the song but I admit it's hard to really sing or clap along with. There really is no fan participation with it so far.

the you suck part was figured out by the 2nd or 3rd goal.  I was at both games.  had what, 5k at the absolute most Friday night.  I assume your die-hard season ticket holders, the you suck after the vuvuzula guy was louder than when they just had the original song.  They even cheered after the cheer to add extra troll.  Really has turned into a Streisand effect.  

Its been fun to watch.   vuvu starts after goal is announced, so mascot starts a drum 'lets go devils' chant.  Devs wait to announce the goal during stoppage to go right music,  vuvu starts at the puck drop.  I see people yelling you suck now that didn't when it was just the R&Rp2.

tonight was a more mixed crowd.  bigger, more kids, lots o rangers fans.  still many yelling you suck and syncing up after a couple goals.  At this point if we play taps after a goal, we will stick a  you suck into it.  

I did not hear a 'rags suck Ps-Cw' chant the first night and did hear a few tonight.  That one always got me more upset,  I wouldn't mind once a non rangers game and maybe a few during rangers game without all the accouterments.  

At this point, put the old goal song, put the 'you rock' graphics at the appropriate times and you may organically kill the chant after a few loosing years, by making a big deal of it, you intensified just it. 

And I think I've mentioned my stance,  doesn't bother me, I don't chant it, let others have their fun.  Crowd doesn't make enough noise so trying to break up one of the few times they do doesn't make sense to me.  i do understand people not liking it, but don't get the intense hatred from some towards those that do like it.

I really don't care much about the goal song, but if it's true that ownership or management really picks the song based on whether or not the rands say " you suck" that's ridiculous. On what planet did these people hatch that the home team's fans are not supposed to tell the other team they suck???

Edited by mfitz804

For me, its more of a "you gotta be fvcking kidding me, you can yell you suck after every goal, but can't for the life of you participate in a let's go Devils chant"

If fans were loud all game, hey its just another aspect of fans being involved, but to me its pathetic that the most participated in chants are the ones where people are reaching back to their high school/college years and being vulgar [by definition of the word, don't crucify me over it].

The years we were successful in the post season, you always heard the players comment about the chants/crowd and how it gave them energy. THAT was a tradition we [as fans] should be reaching back and striving to get to again. Not this "let's revolt against authority or the establishment man"

:tomato: :tomato: :tomato: :tomato: :tomato: :tomato: :tomato: :tomato: :tomato: :tomato: :tomato:

• Like 4