Here we go again. New goal song for 14-15

'7'

Nope, but I don't believe that will happen this year, the booing mainly happened here because the front office just changed the song with no warning from what I remember, which was a recipe for disaster to begin with. At least Nashville had told their fans in advance.

I think it was smart of the Devils to release the song early as well and the general reception to it has been positive, other then the let's go Devils chant in it so I don't think we will see the backlash here that the awful bon Jovi song received.

There were definitely rumors that they were getting rid of R&R part II last year before the season started, but I think you would only know about them if you were on twitter or a message board.  They should have just put it out there during the preseason.  People could get the booing out of their system at that point, and wouldn't have felt hoodwinked.   Corporate folks might realize that being open and honest with your fan base can take you a long way.   Hell, they should have not only said we're getting rid of the song, but why they were too, i.e. that the you suck turned off a lot of people, and that maybe we'll bring it back if you stop doing it, like when the team was winning Cups.

Otherwise get rid of the recorded Let's Go Devils, and I think the new song is really, really good. 

Nope, but I don't believe that will happen this year, the booing mainly happened here because the front office just changed the song with no warning from what I remember, which was a recipe for disaster to begin with. At least Nashville had told their fans in advance.

I think it was smart of the Devils to release the song early as well and the general reception to it has been positive, other then the let's go Devils chant in it so I don't think we will see the backlash here that the awful bon Jovi song received.

I have seen generally positive reviews of the new goal songs myself, but I still see quite a number of people who are already saying they hate it and trying to figure out a way to sneak in "you suck" into the new song.

The new song is fine, but it reminds me a lot of the Rags goal song.  Its not as bad or cheesy as I thought it was going to be.  In reality, it should appease both sides of this argument as (a) it gets rid of RR Part II and any ties to that pedophile, and (b) gives plenty of time between the heys and/or oohhhhs in the song to add in the you suck chant.

If I had a choice, I would have stuck with last year's goal song minus the piped in chant.  It was starting to catch on, and most of the people I know began to warm up to it by the end of the year.

Kids definitely know every dirty word in the book by the time they're 10 unless there extremely sheltered.

That being said, I find it to be a bit disrespectful to be swearing non-stop if there's kids nearby. Not saying you need to keep it PG, but don't be like a drunk idiot I sat near last year that yelled about how every guy on the other team sucked cock the entire game as we we lost to a crappy Carolina team.

I took my 7 year old daughter last year, and I was worried about stuff like that, but nothing like that happened, so I was very happy. She was more upset that Ryan Carter got in a fight, because it's not nice.

Nor was the result for Mr. Carter, who got KTFO'd.

It was a 1-0 overtime win, she was so excited that we won that she didn't notice the "You Suck".

I have seen generally positive reviews of the new goal songs myself, but I still see quite a number of people who are already saying they hate it and trying to figure out a way to sneak in "you suck" into the new song.

The cancerous mob that is facebook fans of the NJ Devils are losing their minds over it, of course.  Oh well - if they're going to not come to a game because of a goal horn, the fanbase is probably better off without them.

The new song is fine, but it reminds me a lot of the Rags goal song.  Its not as bad or cheesy as I thought it was going to be.  In reality, it should appease both sides of this argument as (a) it gets rid of RR Part II and any ties to that pedophile, and (b) gives plenty of time between the heys and/or oohhhhs in the song to add in the you suck chant.

I'm not hearing the Rangers connection personally, you're not the first person I've seen mention that though.

And people are definitely going to fit a "Rangers/Flyers/etc Suck" between the "Let's Go Devils" at the end.

Edited by Devilsfan118

I have seen generally positive reviews of the new goal songs myself, but I still see quite a number of people who are already saying they hate it and trying to figure out a way to sneak in "you suck" into the new song.

There are always going to be those people though, I'm not sure how the you suck will be put into this one

TBH I liked the whole "you suck" (not a fan of NYR Suck/PHI Swallow part) chant.  I didn't think it was a big deal.  But this new one isn't bad.  What really matters is that we keep scoring and hopefully no one starts boo-ing the new song.  I mean, we're fans of the team.  The songs are just a detail that shouldn't take center stage or detract from someone supporting the team. 

If any you suck people are lurking here, it would be kind of cool and slightly more clever if you chanted "You Still Suck" after the other team scores the goal, like in the movie The Wrestler. 

That way, you don't have to ruin the experience of the Devils scoring a goal for the rest of us. 

• Like 2

If any you suck people are lurking here, it would be kind of cool and slightly more clever if you chanted "You Still Suck" after the other team scores the goal, like in the movie The Wrestler. 

That way, you don't have to ruin the experience of the Devils scoring a goal for the rest of us. 

Does that chant really ruin the experience of a Devils goal for you?  This stupid goal song debate is like pitting Republicans vs. Democrats on any issue.  It's kind of funny how extreme the people on each side are willing to go to support their position on this and how each side simply cannot see the points being made by the other. 

Like I said earlier, I kind of like the new song.  But I also hope that the fans throw in the YS chant just to get all the people against it all riled up once again so they can lecture everyone about public descency at a professional sporting event. 

• Like 1

The cancerous mob that is facebook fans of the NJ Devils are losing their minds over it, of course.  Oh well - if they're going to not come to a game because of a goal horn, the fanbase is probably better off without them.

I'm not hearing the Rangers connection personally, you're not the first person I've seen mention that though.

And people are definitely going to fit a "Rangers/Flyers/etc Suck" between the "Let's Go Devils" at the end.

The beginning and the let's go devils chant piped into the song reminds me a lot of the Rags goal song.  But that goal song, I hate to say, is generally very good.  You just know some jabroni from Staten Island is going to be at the Rock next Tuesday making comments about how the Devils want to be the Ranjahs so much they have to rip off their goal song. 

Edited by Chuck the Duck

Does that chant really ruin the experience of a Devils goal for you?  This stupid goal song debate is like pitting Republicans vs. Democrats on any issue.  It's kind of funny how extreme the people on each side are willing to go to support their position on this and how each side simply cannot see the points being made by the other. 

Like I said earlier, I kind of like the new song.  But I also hope that the fans throw in the YS chant just to get all the people against it all riled up once again so they can lecture everyone about public descency at a professional sporting event. 

It doesn't ruin it completely, but I find it to be kind of embarrassing, especially if we're down something like 4-1. 

The beginning and the let's go devils chant piped into the song reminds me a lot of the Rags goal song. But that goal song, I hate to say, is generally very good. You just know some jabroni from Staten Island is going to be at the Rock next Tuesday making comments about how the Devils want to be the Ranjahs so much they have to rip off their goal song.

There are a lot of Devils fans on Staten Island and not all of us are jabronis haha but the Ranger fans ones here are definitely some of the worst of the bunch lol

We've been over this a million times, but to me 'You suck!' isn't about public decency at a sporting event.  It's about your team scoring a goal and you saying 'You suck!' - I understand it's directed at the other team, but it doesn't really make sense.  Celebrate a goal, don't celebrate the other team's failure.  It's an idiotic chant.

We've been over this a million times, but to me 'You suck!' isn't about public decency at a sporting event.  It's about your team scoring a goal and you saying 'You suck!' - I understand it's directed at the other team, but it doesn't really make sense.  Celebrate a goal, don't celebrate the other team's failure.  It's an idiotic chant.

Maybe on attempt one million and one others might get it.  Stranger things have happened.

I would have like to seen the option of no goal song whatsoever. Just blast the sh!t out of the horn and throw in some sirens and let the fans be loud.

I'm not old enough to go back to the days of no loud music throughout the entire game but I would have loved to experienced that.

It would take 2 games before people supplied Rock and Roll Part 2 themselves.

Finally someone talking sense here.  I like the new goal song. It's fine. Let's get into it.