Here we go again. New goal song for 14-15

'7'

Yeah I said that a few pages ago. This thread is a prime example of the issue with them changing the song every season since they got rid of the hey song. This topic keeps coming up every season.

If they would have changed it to gaslight the first year and that was it we most likely wouldn't still be talking about it heading into the 4th season with it.

People would still be doing the you suck aspect of the song but that's not going anywhere no matter what your views are on it.

I just hope they stick with the gaslight song and hopefully people decide to just start singing along with it after a few seasons.

this.  eventually, and it will take YEARS, if not a decade, the chant will go away. 

Typical corporate suits being totally clueless about their fanbase. Good for the Islanders fans for sticking up for fighting them on it.

That family is no stranger to fighting with fans... anyone on here remember our fans battling with Michael Yormark during the 2012 run?

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/18813666/panthers-coo-michael-yormark-takes-on-devils-fans-on-twitter

This is completely a generational thing that has grown up in a world where they can hide behind social media handles while being constantly bombarded at home, school and in media at how everyone is special and important and they have a right to speak their mind without any sort of consequence.  An entire generation of people who are growing up without basic people and social skills and don't know who to express dissatisfaction without cursing or degrading others.  This is why social media is one of the best and worst inventions in human history.

We're 100% on the same page haha  :clap2:

Oh, I'm more than happy with the goal song...I wanted Gaslight, I got Gaslight, haha. There might be a couple Gaslight songs I would've picked as a better fit for a goal song before "Howl," but we've got Jersey's own as our goal song and "Howl" is great anyway.

sorry if this is in there pages back as I heard about this a couple weeks ago, but they put it into action last night and the sabres went way off book and this thing kills it:

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/25332326

It would be funny to hear the You Suck Army try to shoehorn "You Suck" in between the "Here we go now"s...but good lord they will definitely try...

sorry if this is in there pages back as I heard about this a couple weeks ago, but they put it into action last night and the sabres went way off book and this thing kills it:

That is so, so cool. God damn that's awesome.

We'd probably have fans complaining about youths and their hip hop if the Devils tried this.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I gotta say...that is definitely out of the box and it sounded awesome!  Well done.  Much better than the garbage we get this season. 

Our fans would've complained so hard if that were our goal song. If that were picked as our goal song, the usual suspects would've said "We should get something by Gaslight Anthem or some other local band. THESE OWNERS DON'T KNOW ANYTHING."

Edited by DJ Eco

Our fans would've complained so hard if that were our goal song. If that were picked as our goal song, the usual suspects would've said "We should get something by Gaslight Anthem or some other local band. THESE OWNERS DON'T KNOW ANYTHING."

Hahahahaha 100% spot on unfortunately.

Right now I am resigned to the fact that for a decent segment of our fanbase our owners simply can't win.

I don't like the song but I've never liked that song. It sounded like it they were going more crazy because it was eichels first goal.

I definitely think they cheer louder when the song played.

Its funny, fan's not booing cause the song they voted for didn't win and there were no rivers of crying tears over the fact that their song was changed from last season? What an astounding concept...

I definitely think they cheer louder when the song played.

Its funny, fan's not booing cause the song they voted for didn't win and there were no rivers of crying tears over the fact that their song was changed from last season? What an astounding concept...

What was the sabres goal song before this? I just don't think it's a fair comparison.

For about 8 years they had Song 2, after the team scored 4 goals, they'd use the "hey hey hey" part from Aint Talkin about Love

I think 2 seasons they used Hell Yeah by Rev Theory.

The next 2 years, they had Lonely Boy by Black Keys as primary with other songs rotated in.

Past two years, they had a fan requested song that lost out to the eventual winner this year.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys...it's time we address the REAL issue. The real issue for the last, I don't know...15-20 years, has indeed been the goal song...but its not our goal song!! I CAN'T STAND THAT AWFUL GOD FORSAKEN CHIME FROM THE BOWELS OF THE EARTH that plays when WE are scored on. That miserable sound is WORSE than my alarm clock noise. There are only two noises in the world that piss me off, the alarm in the morning and the damnable anti-goal horn. To make it even worse, it MORPHS INTO THE MOST DEPRESSING, SOULLESS LETS GO DEVILS CHANT IMAGINABLE. Lets go devils, are you kidding me, we just got scored on and its 9-0 buffalo, don't tell the devils to go. 

Anyway...Please join me in this crusade to ban this CRIME AGAINST HUMANITY that is our anti-goal song. I don't care if our own goal horn is a llama shyting in the woods, but I do care that we uphold the principles of the GENEVA CONVENTION and banish this monstrosity of anti-goal song.