So I'm Interviewing James Dolan

TheMazz

This really has nothing to do with sports but I want this to get as much publicity as possible. This is kinda something that means a LOT to me here guys. I will be interviewing James Dolan as part of a interview focusing on the 12-12-12 concert that was put on a few years back. Other topics will be discussed as well but I wanted to know if anyone here had any questions for the guy - sports related or not. He might be more Rangers assocated but the guy plays a part with our team as well. NJD games do air on MSG Network afterall. (Although keep in mind this isn't really a sports interview)

For those who care and are genuinely interested - the site this will be on is called Concertfy. Myself, my friend and his dad launched it and it's something we are very passionate about. Concertfy is a brand-new concert media sharing website & application for images and launched on March 10th with exclusive interviews from Doors drummer John Densmore and Smashing Pumpkins bassist Nicole Fiorentino. Other interviews that will appear on the site within the next few weeks include Capital Cities, frontwoman for The Pretty Reckless Taylor Momsen, Living Colour frontman Corey Glover and former Live frontman Ed Kowalczyk.

Ugh JD and the Straight Shot. It'll prob come up but I don't really want to focus on a side project. Someone like Dolan has so much to offer in an interview. I'm not going to ask a bunch of questions on a band he does for sh!ts and giggles.

I know you don't want to but remember that NY post interview he did a few months ago the writer said he had to ask him so many questions about the band. I was wondering if the samething would be done with this one

I know you don't want to but remember that NY post interview he did a few months ago the writer said he had to ask him so many questions about the band. I was wondering if the samething would be done with this one

I'll have to contact the publicist to see what I can/can't ask. If his little house band is what they want the interview to be the focial point of then I'm going to pass. Not worth it. Dolan could give such an in-depth interview and to focus on just that? Waste. Of. Time. Is that harsh? Perhaps but I like to get the very best out of every interview. That wouldn't be accomplished if just talking about his band. I'll ask how it was like opening for the Eagles though - if there are any cool stories from that.

Please ask any and all questions relating to Isiah Thomas. Just really anything. Do they live together? Is Isiah still running stuff? Does he have say over Phil Jackson? Please anything and I'll start saying You Suck at the games 

Please ask any and all questions relating to Isiah Thomas. Just really anything. Do they live together? Is Isiah still running stuff? Does he have say over Phil Jackson? Please anything and I'll start saying You Suck at the games 

No here is the question to ask.. just exactly how much of my monthly cable bill goes to Isiah Thomas?

And an unrelated follow up.. do you not care as much about hockey or does Glen Sather have compromising photos of you?

• Like 1

I want to make some sort of Cablevision crack for sure. In the most professional way I can of course lol. (My cable bill is to the point where I'm considering saying screw it and just going to Netflix/WWE Network/Gamecenter) I have to get on the good side of the publicist when I do this (and all interviews ovbiously). However this one is kinda big. Same person that reps Dolan's two bit band also reps the Eagles. So. If I want to get press passes to that show at Rock or MSG better not piss Dolan and his repersentation off. Plus Dolan is someone that is ovbiously around money.It would be cool to a way to at least tell him what the site is about too.

Edited by TheMazz

If it's focusing on the 12-12-12 concert, can you ask what in the hell Kanye was trying to do? I saw all these great collaborations and legends working together and mostly singing songs that fit the idea of the concert, and then right in the middle was Kanye telling me how awesome he thinks he is.

One of the hard-hitting questions would be to ask him for his view on the City telling him their lease is up in 2023.

I read in Forbes said the Garden could get knocked down in 2023 for a brand new Penn Station and it could take ten years to recover from that. Especally with Barclays outgrossing the Garden in ticket sales. I would imagine ovbiously in that time frame MSG would get rebuilt but it certainly would have an impact. Also the renovations to the current MSG would have been somewhat of a waste since it would have only lasted a few years.

I'm not an expert when it comes the shelf life of arenas. However, I know in three years the Prudential Center will have been here for ten years. Doesn't look like it needs any repairs to me.

If it's focusing on the 12-12-12 concert, can you ask what in the hell Kanye was trying to do? I saw all these great collaborations and legends working together and mostly singing songs that fit the idea of the concert, and then right in the middle was Kanye telling me how awesome he thinks he is.

Not a bad idea. I'd imagine it would be hard for Dolan to comment on that. Maybe if I word it a different way. Lol.

Edited by TheMazz

Trying to appeal to the youth, I'd imagine

Trying to appeal to the youth, I'd imagine

Right but there is a difference between appealing to the youth and being a complete asshat like how Kayne was. I remember looking at Twitter that night and a good majority of fans and people watching that show were upset at Kayne's performance.

Right but there is a difference between appealing to the youth and being a complete asshat like how Kayne was. I remember looking at Twitter that night and a good majority of fans and people watching that show were upset at Kayne's performance.

IMO he just did not fit at all. Everything else had this vibe of duets and working together, inter-cut with videos of rebuilding, and he just came in with this "look at me" attitude. Appealing to the younger audience absolutely makes sense though I guess, because he's a big name.

IMO he just did not fit at all. Everything else had this vibe of duets and working together, inter-cut with videos of rebuilding, and he just came in with this "look at me" attitude. Appealing to the younger audience absolutely makes sense though I guess, because he's a big name.

Still they could have gotten an equally big name like Jay Z or whoever if they wanted a rap act to appeal to that demographic. I get what cgb is trying to say but you can only say that for so long though.

Still they could have gotten an equally big name like Jay Z or whoever if they wanted a rap act to appeal to that demographic. I get what cgb is trying to say but you can only say that for so long though.

Agreed. I think it was Billy Joel who came on after Kanye and brought the concert right back to the level it was earlier in the show.

UPDATE:

So after negotcating with Dolan's PR this is the response I get from his publicist:

"Hey Mike — Sorry for the delay on this, it’s been an insane week. We aren’t going to be able to do this around anything other than the band itself, not really anything outside of that (meaning the 12-12-12 concert would be off limits actually) 

I appreciate you calling the office to get in touch but I can already tell you I have back to back meetings tomorrow afternoon so let’s pick a specific time to chat if you would prefer chatting on the phone about this."

Womp, womp, womp.

What a bust. You know how many questions I can come up for his band? Maybe three at the most. JD and the Straight Shot isn't supposed to be the "focial point" of an interview. What a waste. You have someone as in-depth of a potential interviewee as Dolan and you are that restricted? Ugh. So disapointing.

UPDATE:

So after negotcating with Dolan's PR this is the response I get from his publicist:

"Hey Mike — Sorry for the delay on this, it’s been an insane week. We aren’t going to be able to do this around anything other than the band itself, not really anything outside of that (meaning the 12-12-12 concert would be off limits actually) 

I appreciate you calling the office to get in touch but I can already tell you I have back to back meetings tomorrow afternoon so let’s pick a specific time to chat if you would prefer chatting on the phone about this."

Womp, womp, womp.

What a bust. You know how many questions I can come up for his band? Maybe three at the most. JD and the Straight Shot isn't supposed to be the "focial point" of an interview. What a waste. You have someone as in-depth of a potential interviewee as Dolan and you are that restricted? Ugh. So disapointing.

I can think of some questions... "So how did drafting Hugh Jessiman impact the cohesion of the band?"  "Will the band perform a special song when St. Louis finally scores a goal?"  "I heard a rumor that you're writing a song called "Henrique, It's Over".

• Like 2

fvck him. Ask him the questions you want to ask. If he hangs up/walks out, who cares?

I can think of some questions... "So how did drafting Hugh Jessiman impact the cohesion of the band?"  "Will the band perform a special song when St. Louis finally scores a goal?"  "I heard a rumor that you're writing a song called "Henrique, It's Over".

Brilliant.  :haha2:

Well played sir, well played.  Damn that was funny!