Anyone going to STH Open Practice Tomorrow?

trailblazer

I'm not going.  I work.

Exactly. It would be nice for this organization to understand the people who are buttering their bread have to work.

I'm an STH and there's no way i could go today, just like there's no way i can go to every game per season. Personally, i have no idea how people find the time to go every game, every event. Life has to get in the way sometimes, whether you have a job, family or you're a normal human being. 

Exactly. It would be nice for this organization to understand the people who are buttering their bread have to work.

I'm an STH and there's no way i could go today, just like there's no way i can go to every game per season. Personally, i have no idea how people find the time to go every game, every event. Life has to get in the way sometimes, whether you have a job, family or you're a normal human being. 

Was this the only option they gave STH? Wasn't their a skate on the practice rink with the players in the evening? A team BBQ at night?

There was some research done last week that the Devils offer the most STH autograph events of any team in the league. They do understand that people have to work. It's why this isn't the only option.

Was this the only option they gave STH? Wasn't their a skate on the practice rink with the players in the evening? A team BBQ at night?

There was some research done last week that the Devils offer the most STH autograph events of any team in the league. They do understand that people have to work. It's why this isn't the only option.

No, this is not the only option, but it's also one less option to choose from and where's the "benefit" in that? Having anything at this time during the day M-F isn't an ideal option to begin with. People work. Kids are in school. Most people in this situation are going to not choose this option ahead of time as they know already they can't make it or can't take the risk in thinking they can. 

Edited by TheRedStorm

No, this is not the only option. Having anything at this time during the day M-F isn't an ideal option to have to choose from. People work. Kids are in school. Most people in this situation are going to not choose this option ahead of time as they know already they can't make it or can't take the risk in thinking they can. That also means it's one less option to choose from.

I am almost positive this organization can't win. The Devils have played every weekend all season. I'd say more than half the weekends there has been two games for them. There has simply been no weekend practices to do this. I wonder how many Saturday or Sunday practices the Devils have had all season, anyway. 

Part of me thinks the reason they put this during a weekday is because it IS going to be the most popular event choice so they don't want 10000 sth's all there. Plus it is honestly tough to do it during a weekend with all the games that get played Saturday.

You're right though, there are other options including the team skate which was in the evening and the BBQ which was on the weekend. I'm still annoyed I can never get to a practice though cause that would be cool. Plus the other thing is they only give you about two weeks notice so even if you were inclined/able to take off it's be hard.

No, this is not the only option, but it's also one less option to choose from and where's the "benefit" in that? Having anything at this time during the day M-F isn't an ideal option to begin with. People work. Kids are in school. Most people in this situation are going to not choose this option ahead of time as they know already they can't make it or can't take the risk in thinking they can.

Oh well, this is when the team has practice, and they happened to open this one up for season ticket holders to attend.  It seems to me that you think they should have just not offered this option because if you can't go, then nobody should be able to.

Oh well, this is when the team has practice, and they happened to open this one up for season ticket holders to attend. It seems to me that you think they should have just not offered this option because if you can't go, then nobody should be able to.

The biggest problem with these events is the fact they give very little notice for them.

The biggest problem with these events is the fact they give very little notice for them.

They usually give 10 - 14 days notice which for some is enough time and others isnt. Also, for the future, for the most part, these events are held around just about the same time every year. BBQ usually late September, skate in February, and practice at end of march or early April.

Oh well, this is when the team has practice, and they happened to open this one up for season ticket holders to attend.  It seems to me that you think they should have just not offered this option because if you can't go, then nobody should be able to.

It seems to me that you put words into my mouth. If some people have the time and lifestyle to go during the day (and take kids out of school) then great on them. If the Devils have 10,000 STH accounts and there's, say, 1000 STH that went that's 1 in every 10 ( and out of that number in attendance are transferred entries to the event so the number of actual STH's make that number less). Compare that to numbers that climb much higher with events held on weekends. Don't you think it's time to review the timing or planning of this option? 

Edited by TheRedStorm

It seems to me that you put words into my mouth. If some people have the time and lifestyle to go during the day (and take kids out of school) then great on them. . However, if there's 750-1000 people that went, that's roughly 1 in 10 STH's. Compare that to numbers that climb much higher with events held on weekends. Don't you think it's time to review the timing or planning of this option? 

i am pretty sure this was not open to ALL STH. depending on how long you've been a STH determines which events (and how many) you can go to. as a 10+ STH, i am invited to all 3 (bbq, skate, practice). yes, i took off work to go, but i'm fortunate enough to be able to make up the missed time. even with that few people, the lines for autographs for patty, marty, jagr and henrique were very very long.

There is still supposed to be an awards ceremony event near the last game of the season.

I went today. Got Jagr, Brodeur, Schneider, Ruutu, Zubrus, Clowe, Brunner, Carter, and Merrill.

Special thing with Merrill - I heard he liked Chipotle. so since I yesterday went to one, I got him a gift card. He had a good laugh about it, and was actually going right after to get some. *success*

They usually give 10 - 14 days notice which for some is enough time and others isnt. Also, for the future, for the most part, these events are held around just about the same time every year. BBQ usually late September, skate in February, and practice at end of march or early April.

The season runs 8 months or so. They should be able to give ample notice fir these events, especially since they are used to entice either becoming or continuing to be a STH. Traveling to the arena for 40+ times a year is a scheduling nightmare within itself and I know the dates way ahead of time.