Brodeur vs Avery: The Feud continues

MantaRay

.. Sorry, but Marty slept with his maid?

I'm not all that familiar with the story, to be honest. I thought he had an affair with his sister in law.

Not that I really care. I've always said you admire an athlete for what he does in his sport, not in his personal life.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

When a Ranger fan talks about the Avery-Brodeur thing, just remind them that when you add up the win totals for the two winningest Ranger goalies in their franchise history, (Richter and the Queen), they still don't equal Marty's total wins. And the Rangers have existed for 753 years. So Ranger fans, as usual, can eat a big fat one and choke on it.

Edited by MadDog2020

Just don't compare the Queen head to head with Fatso cause that ain't pretty.

Some buffoon was trying to tell me Lundqvist has a shot at Brodeur's wins record if he plays until he's 40.  I guess he didn't realize that in order for that to happen he would need to average 48 wins a season, which happens to be another record set by Brodeur, every year for the next 8 years.

Best line about Avery came from Bill Guerin, I think when he was on the Pens (might have been the Isles). During the game, which the Rags lost, Avery per usual was yapping at Guerin. After the game, Guerin was asked about it, and says: "He was telling me how much money he makes"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Some buffoon was trying to tell me Lundqvist has a shot at Brodeur's wins record if he plays until he's 40.  I guess he didn't realize that in order for that to happen he would need to average 48 wins a season, which happens to be another record set by Brodeur, every year for the next 8 years.

Marty has rings ultimately that's all that matters. Watching the rags game the other night the mentioned Henrik is the first to win 30 games in 8 of his 9 seasons, only miss was the lockout shortened season.

Marty has rings ultimately that's all that matters. Watching the rags game the other night the mentioned Henrik is the first to win 30 games in 8 of his 9 seasons, only miss was the lockout shortened season.

The other reason for that is that Lunqvist played his entire NHL career in the post-tie era.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just announced: they will raise a banner to the rafters honoring this accomplishment by the Queen when the Rangers return home from their road trip. Messier will be MOC. The whole '94 team will be there too.

All this talk about Brodeur vs Lundqvist is pointless for this argument. 

Marty Brodeur has a giant blemish on his entire resume with this public divorce. I'm not worrying about it, judging him or defending him for it. Although, I imagine if it was other way around, Devils fans as a whole might have a field day with it.

Anyway, when Marty starts talking about other people, he has to know that's always something someone has to throw back at him. Very few people will tough such a subject, but Avery is definitely that person. Brodeur's comments were a little unnecessary. If he didn't watch, why bother commenting too, and the contestants to receive a sizable amount of money for their charity. So with that component of it, forget about talking about him. 

Avery fired back in the only way he can and was vague about it enough that the hockey world could wonder if it was the sister-in-law or nanny, both, or were they the same people. No winners here. Everyone thinks Avery is a classless douchebag, and everyone is reminded about his transgressions. 

Edited by devilsrule33
  • Like 1

You?

You're hooked

How is your girlfriend doing with the thought of being with Henrique? She must be excited !

You should ask your parent to get you a new cell phone with lessons.

Do you still have nude photos of your girlfriend on your cell phone?

Edited by LucifersDog

Marty can say whatever he wants. This feud is the highlight of Averys career. He accomplished nothing as an NHL player. Avery is lucky he ever played on the same sheet of ice as Brodeur.

Truth.

Just announced: they will raise a banner to the rafters honoring this accomplishment by the Queen when the Rangers return home from their road trip. Messier will be MOC. The whole '94 team will be there too.

2:00 minute mark....lol. Raise that to the rafters.

Edited by Neb00rs