I believe in our boys until we are mathematically eliminated

Renato Rodrigues

He hasn't been around much since 'New Kovy Update' when he was basically chased off the boards.

Wait, what happened with that?  I looked him up on here and his last post was from Feb of 2013 when he was posting about autograph signings.

I really do not remember this lol.

Wait, what happened with that?  I looked him up on here and his last post was from Feb of 2013 when he was posting about autograph signings.

I really do not remember this lol.

Yea, he's been around but nothing to his pre-2010 level. He had a bad habit of pretending he has inside sources who tell him secrets about the Devils. Of course, nothing he ever said was right but that didn't stop him from announcing his accuracy to the whole board and/or flaring up into a rage when anyone called him out. The guy saw himself as the hockey gods' gift to the boards.

Yea, he's been around but nothing to his pre-2010 level. He had a bad habit of pretending he has inside sources who tell him secrets about the Devils. Of course, nothing he ever said was right but that didn't stop him from announcing his accuracy to the whole board and/or flaring up into a rage when anyone called him out. The guy saw himself as the hockey gods' gift to the boards.

Ah thanks and now it makes sense why I do not remember him lol.  He sounds like a fun dude.

He hasn't been around much since 'New Kovy Update' when he was basically chased off the boards.

Yeah, for the second time.  The first was when he repeatedly said with absolute certainty that Gomez will not sign with the Rangers. :lol:

Par99 was another character, but the only thing I can remember about him was when people were posting what lines they would like to see, he listed Rolston twice--as both wingers on the same line.  Rolston-Zubrus-Rolston.

While we're on this topic, anyone still remember djstubbs?  "You can tell Rafalski's leg was broken because of the blood on his ankle jersey."

Edited by devilsfan26

Yeah, and to add to this, his english was.... odd. Every sentence sounded like it was the headline of a newspaper: "No, I Do Not think Parise Will Sign Here. But listen, Because I have Said So many times in the past, It is Very Poissible that he Will Sign here. Parise will Sign Here."

Oh wow... that sentence was dead-on how it was. Nicely done!

Also, "my sources tell me that Kovy re-signing is a done deal, announcement any minute."

Edited by Devil Dan 56

Getting struck by lightning is a realistic POSSIBILITY.  

But getting struck by lightning is NOT a realistic EXPECTATION.

Is it realistic to EXPECT the Devils to make the playoffs?  No.

Is it realistic for the Devils to POSSIBLY make the playoffs? Yes.

FOR REAL?

Is it realistic to EXPECT the Devils to make the playoffs? No.

Did you even think of maybe stopping?

You did this one to yourself.

Oh wow... that sentence was dead-on how it was. Nicely done!

Also, "my sources tell me that Kovy re-signing is a done deal, announcement any minute."

See: my signature

Djstubbs was god's gift to njdevs. YOU ARE NOW LISTENING TO THE SOUNDS OF DJSTUBBS. Bloody ankle jerseys 4 lyfe <3

Remember the 2010-2011 season when we had a really bad season and then the team started to stack up wins like they were crazy.

The "One game at a time" statement.

I made a video a this time to get us motivated on the board.

I'll let you enjoy this one more time. I think a playoff spot is possible  this year if they find back what they did in 2010-2011.

edit: There seems to be a problem with the video not showing the correctly and it drives me nut... oh well. I'll try to post it back later... sorry

Edited by Devilzibook

Your arguments:

E4Rt7.gif

Considering the posts made before this and the topic they were discussing Mike browns above post could not have been more perfectly placed.

I remember SatansDevils, such fun. He improved for a while and people actually let off him, and then he just spiralled out of control again. Same with Par99.

We were down 3-1; we had two hall of fame defenseman and the best goalie in the world. One of these things is not like the other.

I'm not saying I gave up, but people are "expecting" them to magically win 7 out of 8 they're delusional and are going to be royally disappointed.

Right, 3-1, not 3-0. 

And true, its not the same kind of team, but I decided that time to not give up until its truly over. Still a lot of games left against bad teams, with any luck, who knows.

Late to this thread but can't everyone just let the optimists have one thread to themselves without attacking their optimism. I envy mike and the OP for their positive attitude so I won't try to knock them for it.

LGD!

People don't get annoyed with MB because he's overly optimistic (and according to the quote below, he claims he isn't), it's because he does the same thing over and over again...basically appearing to take a stand, but not really taking one, in a way that gets on members' nerves.  As with any fanbase, there will always be differences of opinion and different ideas and philosophies, but MB is the ONLY member here where the "debates" always devolve into semantics arguments and communication breakdowns.  He is not getting picked on...he brings it on himself just about every time.  

Anyway, I think every time the Devils win, almost everyone feels some level of optimism.  But we know what the Devils have a habit of doing just when the optimism starts to build.  Hopefully tonight it's different. 

No I'm not being optimistic. I'm just not being pessimistic either.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Sigh that was a tough one for me to swallow as it was for the rest of the fanbase.....

Of course I'm getting the sense of doubt now because of how inconsistent we are....but I'm just a true fanatic and really can't give up until the mathematics say we can't..... so I guess LGD!

It's over, Dude. The quicker you realize that the shorter the fall

Hey man, I'm a true fanatic.... im too addicted lmao

It's not by being over optimistic to the point you're in denial that you're a better fan (by "you're" i don't mean you specifically, i mean in general).

I see a lot of posters being attacked of not being real fans for being down on the team at times or posters thinking they are the real deal simply cause they never give up on the team. I mean yeah we all know you should never give up on your team but at some point you have to take a step back and be able to see when it's over.

It's not by being over optimistic to the point you're in denial that you're a better fan (by "you're" i don't mean you specifically, i mean in general).

I see a lot of posters being attacked of not being real fans for being down on the team at times or posters thinking they are the real deal simply cause they never give up on the team. I mean yeah we all know you should never give up on your team but at some point you have to take a step back and be able to see when it's over.

I agree with you on that and I won't attack posters that give up because I understand the frustration.... Trust me I was down so bad yesterday.... but after what my Yankees did in 04 (choke 3-0 series lead), the impossible can happen so thats why i dont give up