GDT - 3/31/14 - Panthers vs Devils - 7:30pm

Mike Brown

I can't remember the last time Marty got pulled during a game. Only goal 2 looked weak from my seat. Goal 3 was unstoppable no matter how you are.

Yankee Stadium.  Before that Game 3 of the Florida series.

I can't remember the last time he got pulled with a LEAD though...nice that Pete finally put his foot down.

Now why cant he make saves like that in the shootout as that was a breakaway. A good brodeur type glove save

Yeah, I didn't want to lay sarcasm on Cory, since he's been one of few the shining lights this season.  I'm sure they'll have a Shootout Training Camp in the off-season... the whole team needs to attend.

Yankee Stadium. Before that Game 3 of the Florida series.

I can't remember the last time he got pulled with a LEAD though...nice that Pete finally put his foot down.

I should have been a bit more clear, I meant when the period was still going on. He got pulled after the 2nd period and Cory came out for the 3rd at yankee. I don't remember how it happened in game 3 of that series.

And you're right, he might not have ever been pulled with us having the lead. That would be interesting to find out

Edited by Satans Hockey

I should have been a bit more clear, I meant when the period was still going on. He got pulled after the 2nd period and Cory came out for the 3rd at yankee. I don't remember how it happened in game 3 of that series.

He was pulled real early in the second period when the game got tied in Game 3.

He got pulled a couple times earlier that year too, once during the FIRST period in Minnesota.

I can't remember the last time Marty got pulled during a game. Only goal 2 looked weak from my seat. Goal 3 was unstoppable no matter how you are.

nah '7' wouldve stopped it, or at the very least thinks it should be stopped or u suck as a goalie.. But now looking at the replay the 2nd goal wasnt a weak goal, just a really good backhander.

He was yanked in game 3, Moose came in in the second period. I think it was after Florida took the lead.

Did anyone DeBoer or whoever it was signal to Brodeur to come to the bench?  Honestly this isn't exactly the first time, but especially in cases like this if it were me, even though you never want to bail on your team, sometimes you're just so pissed of (as I would be tonight if I was Brodeur) that you could be a detriment to them the rest of the game because you're so unfocused due to their sh!tty play in front of you.  I wouldn't blame Brodeur one bit if he just went to the bench on on his own and told DeBoer to put Schneider in.

Well that's a wrap for Clowe

Shark's GM Doug Wilson went to Lou about how to be the best and maintain it season after season... Lou told him, Doug listened. Wilson off loaded the old and slow players, now this entire scenario has turned into quite the paradox, eh? 

Shark's GM Doug Wilson went to Lou about how to be the best and maintain it season after season... Lou told him, Doug listened. Wilson off loaded the old and slow players, now this entire scenario has turned into quite the paradox, eh? 

what i meant though was that Clowes brain is now mush

If Brodeur yanked himself then he should just go home right now.

Unless he strained an old man muscle attempting to make a save.

Yup. It's one thing for the coach to make the decision to pull a goalie because of poor play in front of him to try and spark the team, it's totally different pulling yourself and quitting.