GDT - 3/31/14 - Panthers vs Devils - 7:30pm

Mike Brown

Thank you Cory Schneider. The Devils were well on their way to gagging this one up and the excuses for Marty were going to start flowing (unstoppable!....BS)

Look at the INCREDIBLE saves Cory made in the immediate aftermath of the goal to make it 4-3. Those would've been called unstoppable had Marty given them up, but Cory slammed the door and settled this game down.

That glove save on the powerplay breakaway was AMAZING.

Worried what happened to Clowe was a concussion. If it is...he probably shouldn't play again this year.

And the next time Brodeur plays should be the last game of the season IF NJ is eliminated by then. The next 7 are Cory's. We can't have that old fool mucking things up again.

Edited by '7'

I'm really happy for Zajac. Solid 2 way player who committed himself to the team long term yet still tends to get flack from fans despite doing a lot of the little things right that go unnoticed. Nice to see him have an explosive offensive game.

I was shocked DeBoer yanked Brodeur but glad to see him take charge of the situation. Unfortunately, as is often the case nowadays, Brodeur just didn't have it.

Also really happy Josefson got his goal, especially after a rare turnover by him resulted in a goal against.

Hope Clowe is ok. Don't want to speculate but his body language certainly wasn't encouraging.

Does ryder play for us anymore? Brunner at least has been trying to make plays lately, ryder just sucks

Ryder has been in quicksand for two weeks. For a while he was still getting his shots. But even that seems to have dried up

If Brodeur yanked himself then he should just go home right now.

Unless he strained an old man muscle attempting to make a save.

If he knew he didn't have it and yanked himself...my opinion of him would actually go up a tick since it would show that he put the team ahead of himself

Then he should go home.

I didn't think the three on Marty were particularly soft.. But yeah, it'd be nice for him to make the big save when his team needs it.

Great offensive game, hope this sparks the team for a few games.

Also, hope Clowe isn't concussed

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

And the next time Brodeur plays should be the last game of the season IF NJ is eliminated by then. The next 7 are Cory's. We can't have that old fool mucking things up again.

Well until we get realistically eliminated anyway.  But I think we're at the Yankee Stadium crossroads again.  It's gotta be Cory sink or swim now while we still have a chance.  And if we have a chance going into the last game, this organization needs to do the right thing.  Hopefully Cory can get on a Sean Burke circa '88 run now.

It's not so much about stats, it's about just sputtering to a halt. And yes, like Sykora in 2012 Ryder has lost his wheels and needs to be fed a lot to make any sort of offense...because he doesn't create space or back off defenders himself