Congratulations Travis Zajac!

mfitz804

Hey, why not...a Devils hat trick is hard enough to come by, just figured with all the negativity on this board we could use a happy topic. 

He's a funny player, sometimes you forget he is there and sometimes he comes out firing on all cylinders and you know something good is going to happen. 

After he got the second one, I just had this feeling he would not be denied his third. Jagr was certainly trying to feed it to him, but the way he followed his own shot and nailed that last one was a thing of beauty.

So thanks, Travis, and congrats!

• Like 1

He's kind of quietly scored 9 goals and added 13 assists in his last 25 GP...obviously, last night bloats the numbers a little bit, but if he becomes a guy who can realistically be counted on for 20+ G and 40+ A or thereabouts again per 82 games or so, I'd happily sign up for that. 

Congrats to Zajac indeed!
People like to dog him and say that he's not a top line center, but he is in my book.  He scores, skates hard, reliable on defense.  He's just the man.  The protypical Devils center.  Are there center who are better than Zajac? Yes, but that doesn't mean he can't be our number 1.

He's kind of quietly scored 9 goals and added 13 assists in his last 25 GP...obviously, last night bloats the numbers a little bit, but if he becomes a guy who can realistically be counted on for 20+ G and 40+ A or thereabouts again per 82 games or so, I'd happily sign up for that. 

Indirectly, you already have to the tune of another 7 years. 

In all seriousness, he is epitome of a Devils player.  Not the most skilled, but works hard, is sold in all 3 zones and can play in any situation asked of him.  IMO, he should be the captain of this team.  Happy to see him get the trick last night.  He deserved it.

Edited by Chuck the Duck