GDT-Caps @ Devils-7PM

Renato Rodrigues

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Without Henrique and Elias definitely puts a damper on things.  I think Boucher should get called up.  

BTW, Halak should have stopped that shot.  I was completely stunned that shot went in the net.

The Devils also have 9 of a possible 12 points in their last 6 games which means they are taking advantage of their light schedule. Philly has only one win in 6 games which means their tough schedule is starting to catch up to them.

Yeah, losing to the Islanders (who to their credit are winning some games lately) and the Sabres in the SO is really taking advantage of a "light schedule". 

Let's see what they do in the next four "light" games before making any declarations.

And the Flyers had gone 12-3-0 in the 15 games (beating some tough teams in that time) before this 1-3-2 slump.  Think maybe it's simply that they were due for a little valley? 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Yeah, losing to the Islanders (who to their credit are winning some games lately) and the Sabres in the SO is really taking advantage of a "light schedule". 

Let's see what they do in the next four "light" games before making any declarations.

Oh the team has given up. From my vantage point, it looked like forwards were quitting one by one tonight.

How so? I'm in total agreement with you DR, guttiest win of the season. Especially after the sh!tbag first period.

Oh..I know. I could have worded it better. I'm saying you are selling them short because I'd consider that they were down 4 forwards from a normal game. 11 forwards dressed and losing Elias, Henrique and Josefson.

Oh the team has given up. From my vantage point, it looked like forwards were quitting one by one tonight.

Not sure what you mean by this.  I wasn't criticizing the Devils at all. 

Didn't see this one...any updates on the injuries?

No updates tonight. Elias has looked so awful over the last few games that I was kind of hoping something was bugging him.

Really scared about the reinforcements for tomorrow, btw. Good chance it could be Sestito and Gionta.

Edited by devilsrule33

I guess I need to use emoticons. Was just enjoying people saying that the team had quit at the start of the game, and then you have players, one by one, leave the game after that. Obviously, injury related.

It was hilarious they showed more resiliency when they were down to half a team than they have for most of the last month.

Devils are 1-0-0 in games where I get interviewed on the jumbotron. Clearly not just a coincidence.

Big win tonight. I'm still amazed they pulled it out when they were essentially running two lines out there late. Just a gutty effort all around.

Henrique got injured too? jeez. Elias-Clowe-Henrique...seemed to all crash down at once

spectacular save at the end there by Schneider. He was great all game. Saw plenty of unstoppable shots and...well, stopped them.

Edited by '7'

TG is saying Elias (possible head injury) Henrique (groin) and Josefson (foot/ankle)

Elias’ equipment remained in the game locker room after the game, so that seemed to indicate he was not going to accompany the team to Carolina for Saturday night’s game. Henrique’s and Josefson’s lockers were empty. - See more at: http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/fireice#sthash.l8rWo15C.dpuf

fingers crossed it looks like Josefson/Henrique not serious but Elias might have gotten Clowe'd

Edited by '7'

Not picking stuff isn't going to get us anywhere, we'd be in the playoffs easily if we could have won the shootouts.

To this point Cory has faced over 100 more shots than Brodeur and let up 7 less goals. That could be 1-3 more wins if he had more starts this season.

Edited by CarterforPresident

Not picking stuff isn't going to get us anywhere, we'd be in the playoffs easily if we could have won the shootouts.

Obviously....but I am just saying (as had Tri many times) if Cory started more games we could easily of had a few more wins. When we traded for Cory I fully expected at least 55 games for him. But of course Lou and Deboer didn't have the balls to put Brodeur in his place which will be one of the reasons why this team falls short. But hopefully the stars have finally aligned and they can whip out a 6 game winning streak for a change.

Edited by Zubie#8