GDT-Caps @ Devils-7PM

Renato Rodrigues

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cory was given more starts against tougher teams in the first half while Marty was playing against softer competition. You should know that. More starts for Cory and they should have more wins, it's not even a conversation looking at the stats. What offense shows up for each goalie is an anomaly.

didnt get to see the game last night, tried watching it on gamecenter thismorning but of course it wouldnt let me so i read an article from nj.com... said elias could possibly have a concussion jj hurt his leg and henrique they didnt say what was wrong with him as well as clowe most likely being done for the season now.. oh man not good news to come back to.

Obviously....but I am just saying (as had Tri many times) if Cory started more games we could easily of had a few more wins. When we traded for Cory I fully expected at least 55 games for him. But of course Lou and Deboer didn't have the balls to put Brodeur in his place which will be one of the reasons why this team falls short. But hopefully the stars have finally aligned and they can whip out a 6 game winning streak for a change.

This is dumb..

Brodeur - 18-14-5

Schneider - 15-14-11

The end.

This is dumb..

Brodeur - 18-14-5

Schneider - 15-14-11

The end.

No, not the end. For you to say that, it is just lame.

Remember earlier this week when Brodeur got pulled for letting in 3 goals on 9 shots. And then Schneider came in and made 6 saves immediately on the PK. And then shutout the Panthers for the rest of the game too. And who got the win for that game? Pointing to wins and losses is not "the end" of any argument.

This is dumb..

Brodeur - 18-14-5

Schneider - 15-14-11

The end.

This is the mentality that I was talking about with some fans.

I'm not trying to pick on you directly, but people who just look at wins and nothing else are completely missing the point..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

This is dumb..

Brodeur - 18-14-5

Schneider - 15-14-11

The end.

Fans like you don't have a clue. Only reason why Brodeur doesn't have an atrocious record is because his offense bailed his .900 save percentage and 2.55 GAA ass out. He has been awful for the last two seasons. How people can be just as delusional as Marty is beyond me. He's bad on a good defensive team, he's a joke and makes things worse with his mouth. I've held my tongue long enough on this guy but I am tired of seeing people sugarcoat his terrible play. He's lucky he plays on the team who gives up the least amount of shots.

You want to talk wins and losses? Imagine Cory got just as many starts earlier in the season against softer competition like Marty did, imagine he had the same goal support and like 33 said, Cory actually WON a game for Brodeur. This whole thing is a joke and its a slap on the face to Cory and to the fans because the best players should always play. The fact he won't even get 50 starts is sickening.

Edited by Zubie#8

This is the mentality that I was talking about with some fans.

I'm not trying to pick on you directly, but people who just look at wins and nothing else are completely missing the point..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

The issue is really what Marty has cost the Devils this year in the standings. So even if his win/loss record is largely a product of goal support and few shots against, a win is a win.

Right now we're three points out of a playoff spot, and it's a pretty safe bet that's what it'll be when the season ends. So I think it's also a pretty safe bet that if Cory got 65 to 70 starts, we'd have the eighth seed. That matters, but it doesn't fundamentally change what the team is.

But also recognize this. For a team like the Devils to be a playoff team it needs excellent goaltending, and not merely "anyone but Marty". You need look no further than Ottawa this year compared to last year. Despite the hyperventilating by some people that Marty is pulling the strings and no one in the organization wants to damage his fragile ego, Lou went out and got exactly the type of goalie the Devils needed for the foreseeable future. And all signs point to Marty not playing for the team next year. Yeah, it stinks that it took one more year than it should have, but if that ultimately proves to be the price for the long track record of success this team has had over the past 18 years, so be it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How about the one before that Sneak, did he play an integral role in that one?

He hasn't played an integral role in any wins this year. He has never stolen a game for us and has at best been "solid" in the wins we've had with him in net.

I take that back early in the year he played amazing in 1 game on the west coast trip to start the year. Deboer then gave him a long stretch of starter status for which he didn't deserve.

He has however played an important part in us missing the playoffs. He is statistically one of the worst goalies in the league. Its very akin to tim tebow fans I suppose, "all he does is win". All tim tebow does is not play in the NFL, because people smarter than most dumbass fans make the decisions.

Edited by Sneax